Author Topic: Raila should be silent on current corruption manenos  (Read 4821 times)

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
Re: Raila should be silent on current corruption manenos
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2018, 02:07:19 PM »
Which Kenyans are these you speak for who feel betrayed? Lol. The ones calling him babu and who been mocking every single move he has made to fight Ouruto since last year, including apologizing for the killers of baby Pendo? People really should mind their glass house before throwing epithets. The internet does not forget, passtor "Pendo's parents killed her and blamed the cops".  Hehehe. Talk about master "apologists", yawa. 8)

Ouruto fans should look in their own eye-lids before pointing fingers at anyone. Besides, for people so forgiving of graft and thuggery, it should be very easy to find mercy for "babu" in that bottomless heart of mercy for the simple crime of throwing in the towel. Ati y'all "feel betrayed", so now you were rooting for Miguna and the protests this entire time?  :D

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2018, 02:22:34 PM »
And Raila should keep mum and lie low like an envelop. The retirement to Bondo is finally here, I don't know what all the crocodile kelele is now for.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2018, 02:31:57 PM »
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2018, 02:37:37 PM »
Kichwa, if Raila did his usual thing, the same "Kenyans feel betrayed" and "opposition leader" crowd would be here in full defense mode demanding that Raila table the evidence of so-call graft before yapping and saying all he does is kelele and no work. It's almost like we are supposed to pretend we haven't seen this routine a hundred times before.

Besides, this is a great opportunity to see the famed competence of Ruto at work, not the lazy old man, Raila. Lets sit back and watch Kagame do his thing people. Do you see Kagame relying on opposition in order to efficiently deal with graft? Nope!

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2018, 02:53:50 PM »
Another reason why Raila should lie low is to leave some room on the political stage for the brewing war between Ouru and Ruto. Ruto is running around the country campaigning against the dynasty.  We all know that the only viable dynasty in Kenya is the Kenyatta dynasty.  Ruto Kagame is therefore running against Ouru and Ouru should be really worried about what Ruto would do to him if Ruto became president.  Ruto is already assuring non-kiuks in exchange for their support  that he is the only one capable of ending the kikuyu domination. Uthamaki should therefore be very worried about this dynasty thing.  There is nothing like Odinga dynasty in reality.  The only dynasty is the Kenyatta/Uthamaki and that is what Ruto is running against. Ouru can use corruption to get Ruto before Ruto gets him because Ruto will  if Ruto-Kagame were to be president. Raila should therefore sit this one out in Bondo and leave room on the stage for this feud be to be settled once and for all.

Kichwa, if Raila did his usual thing, the same "Kenyans feel betrayed" and "opposition leader" crowd we see here would be here in full defense mode demanding that Raila table the evidence of so-call graft before yapping and saying all he does is kelele and no work. It's almost like we are supposed to pretend we haven't seen this routine a hundred times before.

Besides, this a great opportunity to see the famed competence of Ruto at work, not the the lazy old man, Raila. Lets sit back and watch Kagame do his thing people. Do you see Kagame needing a strong opposition in order to efficiently deal with graft? Nope!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2018, 04:59:05 PM »
He doesn't want to rock the boat that is the empty handshake. I see Uhuru continue making appointment without even a mkia for Raila. Raila ought to do the right thing always. He is the opposition - and should stop pretending to be in gok - and do his job - of constructive criticism. Not destructive rhetoric.But where it has reached - it appears the honourable thing he need to do is to retire and let new energetic leaders emerge. The problem with Raila is that he is overstayed and people kind have read him over and over. Opposition should when they lose - twice - also retire - and let new blood come in.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2018, 06:17:51 PM »
Also this whole "Raila is the leader of opposition" is rich coming from the crowd most opposed to a change into the parliamentary system. You have a legislature filled to the brim with Jubilee 54 percenters. How about they "do the right thing"? Checking the executive, which is their job? Raila is a private citizen without any office or institutional power. Let him tour Bondo, give lectures and enjoy retirement.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2018, 06:20:48 PM »
Ruto is in a fight for his life.  I do not think he is campaigning for 2022 but he is trying to inoculate himself from the assault that he knows is coming from Uthamaki.  The real Uthamaki cannot afford to have an already rich and powerful Ruto also become president.  He would dominate them the way Moi could never do and they are scared to hell.  Ruto therefore knows they are coming after him and all this running around the country is to prepare himself for the show down which has to be completed before 2020. Ruto is not scared of Odinga dynasty so the war against the "dynasties" is all about Uthamaki.  This is how he breaks it down to the smaller tribes. He tells them he is the only one who can take power away from Uthamaki. Ouru knows the dynasty war is purely against him and he knows he should have checked Ruto's amassing of wealth but he drunk too much, focused on Raila too mcuh and Ruto grew too big. Now Ruto is a threat to Ouru's retirement.  Ouru must do to Ruto what Moi did to Njonjo and he does not have too much time to do it. If Ouru fails to finish Ruto then Ouru is in danger after he leaves office. Either ouru or Ruto must be sacrificed for corruption. If Ouru does not get Ruto now, Ruto will get him because Ruto is more ruthless and decisive. Raila must stay away from this. Opposition only works in a democracy where the party out of power has a chance of winning elections if they do a good job. In Kenya elections are stolen by the party in power and therefore wasting your time criticing the government is useless because it does not make a difference. Let the people criticize the government themselves.  Raila needs to ride this out and if possible get paid a lot of money doing it.

He doesn't want to rock the boat that is the empty handshake. I see Uhuru continue making appointment without even a mkia for Raila. Raila ought to do the right thing always. He is the opposition - and should stop pretending to be in gok - and do his job - of constructive criticism. Not destructive rhetoric.But where it has reached - it appears the honourable thing he need to do is to retire and let new energetic leaders emerge. The problem with Raila is that he is overstayed and people kind have read him over and over. Opposition should when they lose - twice - also retire - and let new blood come in.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2018, 08:16:12 PM »
Which Kenyans are these you speak for who feel betrayed? Lol. The ones calling him babu and who been mocking every single move he has made to fight Ouruto since last year, including apologizing for the killers of baby Pendo? People really should mind their glass house before throwing epithets. The internet does not forget, passtor "Pendo's parents killed her and blamed the cops".  Hehehe. Talk about master "apologists", yawa. 8)

Ouruto fans should look in their own eye-lids before pointing fingers at anyone. Besides, for people so forgiving of graft and thuggery, it should be very easy to find mercy for "babu" in that bottomless heart of mercy for the simple crime of throwing in the towel. Ati y'all "feel betrayed", so now you were rooting for Miguna and the protests this entire time?  :D

It's all projection. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2018, 08:40:55 PM »
Yes indeed Ruto is Kagame and will do a good job if given the chance. The dynasties don't want this. Kichwa is right that they are his biggest threat especially Uhuru and Moi. Once Kenya is transformed their dismal legacies will be forgotten - that's the "domination" they fear.

As for the ongoing corruption debate, noone can force Raila to do his job. He is welcome to retire. Ruto is not yet the president and he is doing his part calling for swift investigations and prosecutions. Uhuru remains the President with decisive power. Corruption is raining on his Big Four. This is why we need his ineptitude out of the way in 2022 so we can see Ruto's undiluted action.

I can't wait for the President Ruto years.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2018, 09:35:39 PM »
It's not the Deputy leader of govt's duty to stop corruption in government, poor helpless thing that he is. Oh no. That's Raila's unconstitutional duty, wit all the power he exercises in his Karen house. You really can't make this stuff up.  :grin: As Ole put it, kicheko sana.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2018, 10:22:15 PM »
Kenyans will judge all these events in their choice of president. The corruption, the incompetence, the absconding, the track record. That's why there is the heightened effort to blame all corruption in Kenya on Ruto. It started with Joho a while ago.

This is just politics. Everytime one nears power, they must be baptized by fire. Moi faced it. Kibaki and Saitoti too. Raila has been 'kimundu' for years. When UhuRuto had ICC and Kalonzo was thought to have a shot he was called Judas and watermelon.

It's Ruto's turn to be demonized. I think he's good enough to survive it.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2018, 11:10:03 PM »
It's common knowledge there is no way any Kenyan institution can deal with corruption.  Let alone retired Raila or even more absurdly William Ruto.  That will have to be outsourced by some government not likely to emerge in the near future.  On that score alone hk's suggestion that taxes be reduced is very attractive.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2018, 06:40:25 AM »
It's common knowledge there is no way any Kenyan institution can deal with corruption.  Let alone retired Raila or even more absurdly William Ruto.  That will have to be outsourced by some government not likely to emerge in the near future.  On that score alone hk's suggestion that taxes be reduced is very attractive.

Sometime back you mentioned that corruption ended in the west through violent revolution. I wonder if this is what we will come to and if we will survive it. The revolution that is.

Anyway it seems babu is being misquoted. He is not silent. He's slaying the dragon from within.

Govt keen on ending corruption, says Raila
https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Raila--Govt-to-form-task-force-to-end-corruption/3126390-4581156-fwiu3pz/index.html

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2018, 07:03:09 AM »
Screwball attempts to fix the mess. I would really like to see this NIS-led probe finger Ruto as the corruption mastermind his haters claim he is - which is a big fat lie - and I would drop my support for him. I suspect Uhuru's own cronies in GoK are the biggest thieves. Starting with KRA Commissioner General John Njiraini who Uhuru even protected from mandatory retirement.

Furious Uhuru orders new graft probe
https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/Furious-Uhuru-orders-new-graft-probe/1950946-4581776-f0y820/index.html

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2018, 11:19:06 AM »
Only Jesus is gonna fix this country. Otherwise the looting should accelerate till everyone plain riots and refuses to pay a single cent to the govt. Only a crisis of that magnitude will lead to change. It has to be so bad that big heads are made to start rolling. Otherwise, donge.

Raila isn't fixing anything from the inside, lol. He is just talking. Like the referendum manenos. It's the legislature that has the mandate of checking govt. The entire legislature, not any so-called 'opposition' or minority. But even the mps are feasting so good luck with that. You want an opposition? Allow Miguna Miguna to come back. He will do some checking for sure. Only prob with him is he lacks Raila's insider connections so will not always quickly blow the whistle as Raila has been doing for a decade. But he will lead any protests once people are completely fed up. MoonKi was right. Things have to approach collapse to get people to act and fix it. Who knows? We might just be approaching that level of bad.

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2018, 12:08:19 PM »

Sometime back you mentioned that corruption ended in the west through violent revolution. I wonder if this is what we will come to and if we will survive it. The revolution that is.

Anyway it seems babu is being misquoted. He is not silent. He's slaying the dragon from within.

Govt keen on ending corruption, says Raila
https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Raila--Govt-to-form-task-force-to-end-corruption/3126390-4581156-fwiu3pz/index.html

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2018, 12:21:35 PM »
Only Jesus is gonna fix this country. Otherwise the looting should accelerate till everyone plain riots and refuses to pay a single cent to the govt. Only a crisis of that magnitude will lead to change. It has to be so bad that big heads are made to start rolling. Otherwise, donge.

Raila isn't fixing anything from the inside, lol. He is just talking. Like the referendum manenos. It's the legislature that has the mandate of checking govt. The entire legislature, not any so-called 'opposition' or minority. But even the mps are feasting so good luck with that. You want an opposition? Allow Miguna Miguna to come back. He will do some checking for sure. Only prob with him is he lacks Raila's insider connections so will not always quickly blow the whistle as Raila has been doing for a decade. But he will lead any protests once people are completely fed up. MoonKi was right. Things have to approach collapse to get people to act and fix it. Who knows? We might just be approaching that level of bad.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2018, 01:16:55 PM »

I kinda think that that wont happen only because such societies will collapse. It's not sustainable. And yes, it's cultural. Just now dealing with a situation closer to home with a person who sold jointly owned properties belonging to a chama of ten families and is attempting to pocket 2 thirds of money that belongs to ten families, now led by mostly poor widows. He's not even embarrassed leave alone feeling guilty. It only matters that he can get away with it so he does it. This econ guy I follow on facebook, Ephraim Njenga, he actually is worried that if the wanton borrowing and looting continues unabated, the economy will straight collapse even before we reach the next election cycle. I think alternative societies don't emerge because corruption is not sustainable and leads eventually through a snowball effect to all sorts of bad things down the line, including even a failed state or insecurity/war. It doesn't create a new type of society because it's a cancer, it just destroys them until it's dealt with.