Author Topic: Raila Devolution Proposal  (Read 16046 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Raila Devolution Proposal
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2018, 01:59:32 PM »
My issue with these values or principles is they can be faked. People turn into dictators once they have power Moi-style.

Performance and laziness cannot be faked. Raila the disorganized slaggard would infect us with indolence and sloth. Ruto would ensure efficiency and seamless delivery.

The problem with Sub Sahara is not just corruption and the vices you note but incompetence is the big elephant. Ruto leads by a stretch in solving incompetence. We contrast Ruto with Meles or Kagame for this reason. Raila can be contrasted with Hugo Chavez and other ideologues.

The biggest problems in Kenya are corruption, impunity, tribalism, inclusivity and economic justice.  This is why some of us are interesting in knowing whether Ruto is committed to the principles upon which our constitution is based upon, civil liberties, free market, the rule of law, equality, democracy, freedoms of speech, et all. I am disappointed/surprised that none of these principles/values appear in your list of reasons why you support Ruto. That Kenya is not mature yet for us to demand leaders to adhere to these principles is hogwash.

Ruto is in trouble. Things are not as smooth as he thought. His allies are being silenced not just Sonko. Murkomen and Duale too. Or perhaps he has anticipated all the troubles and will milk them for sympathy. It's his turn to walk on eggs around GEMA like Moi in the 70s. The road to heaven is very narrow and thorny so he should take heart.

I don't support candidates because they are guaranteed victory but rather my confidence in them. Just like I stuck with Raila in 2017 despite Omollo's MOAS not adding up. Ruto has a fair chance. 50-50.

I support Ruto because he is ambitious and man enough to perform complete with a track record. Unlike the competitors kina Mdvd and Gideon who have nothing to show. I also don't believe in the dynasty system which is the opposite of inclusion, merit and democracy contrary to Raila's lies.

I am not Kalenjin. I think most of the people here are driven by tribe in their choices which is a shame.

Robina you oscillate like a pendulum.When did Ruto get into trouble.Or coz Sonko is in trouble then Ruto is also in trouble.Ruto has nearly 30yrs experience in politics so relax n watch him score the final goal.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2018, 02:32:24 PM »
Precisely.
My issue with these values or principles is they can be faked. People turn into dictators once they have power Moi-style.

Performance and laziness cannot be faked. Raila the disorganized slaggard would infect us with indolence and sloth. Ruto would ensure efficiency and seamless delivery.

The problem with Sub Sahara is not just corruption and the vices you note but incompetence is the big elephant. Ruto leads by a stretch in solving incompetence. We contrast Ruto with Meles or Kagame for this reason. Raila can be contrasted with Hugo Chavez and other ideologues.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2018, 04:52:27 PM »
That's a silly copout just because you support Ruto.

Those values cannot be faked if people are forced to express them and held accountable.

The reason why people like Ruto do not want to publicly talk about these values is because  they are not forced to by the media and the public and because they do want to volunteer and be held accountable since they want to leave open the option of becoming a dictator

Our presidential debates and media interviews for presidential candidates should begin with such questions when the candidates debut.

Host:  If you are elected president, you will be required to take the oath office to protect the constitution of Kenya. The constitution of Kenya is arguably one of the most liberal constitutions in the world. Do you believe in those liberal values upon which this constitution is based upon and which you will not only be required to uphold but to also protect.

Follow-up question. If you believe in those values, could you please list/recite those values as you understand them and tell us why you believe in them and how you intend to uphold them.

Another good Follow-up question: Do you agree that someone who do not believe in those values should be disqualified from running for this office because one cannot be expected to uphold and protect  values which one do not believe in or disagree with?

The biggest problems in Kenya are corruption, impunity, tribalism, inclusivity and economic justice.  This is why some of us are interesting in knowing whether Ruto is committed to the principles upon which our constitution is based upon, civil liberties, free market, the rule of law, equality, democracy, freedoms of speech, et all. I am disappointed/surprised that none of these principles/values appear in your list of reasons why you support Ruto. That Kenya is not mature yet for us to demand leaders to adhere to these principles is hogwash.

Ruto is in trouble. Things are not as smooth as he thought. His allies are being silenced not just Sonko. Murkomen and Duale too. Or perhaps he has anticipated all the troubles and will milk them for sympathy. It's his turn to walk on eggs around GEMA like Moi in the 70s. The road to heaven is very narrow and thorny so he should take heart.

I don't support candidates because they are guaranteed victory but rather my confidence in them. Just like I stuck with Raila in 2017 despite Omollo's MOAS not adding up. Ruto has a fair chance. 50-50.

I support Ruto because he is ambitious and man enough to perform complete with a track record. Unlike the competitors kina Mdvd and Gideon who have nothing to show. I also don't believe in the dynasty system which is the opposite of inclusion, merit and democracy contrary to Raila's lies.

I am not Kalenjin. I think most of the people here are driven by tribe in their choices which is a shame.

Robina you oscillate like a pendulum.When did Ruto get into trouble.Or coz Sonko is in trouble then Ruto is also in trouble.Ruto has nearly 30yrs experience in politics so relax n watch him score the final goal.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2018, 06:50:57 PM »
This is exactly my point: anyone can answer these questions excellently without butting an eyelid yet become dictatorial once elected. Every leader and party promises zero tolerance to corruption yet Kenya is as corrupt as ever. Words mean nothing. Same as everyone claiming to be a performer. The latter cannot be faked unlike the former. It's much smarter to bet on performance.

Those values cannot be faked if people are forced to express them and held accountable.

The reason why people like Ruto do not want to publicly talk about these values is because  they are not forced to by the media and the public and because they do want to volunteer and be held accountable since they want to leave open the option of becoming a dictator

Our presidential debates and media interviews for presidential candidates should begin with such questions when the candidates debut.

Host:  If you are elected president, you will be required to take the oath office to protect the constitution of Kenya. The constitution of Kenya is arguably one of the most liberal constitutions in the world. Do you believe in those liberal values upon which this constitution is based upon and which you will not only be required to uphold but to also protect.

Follow-up question. If you believe in those values, could you please list/recite those values as you understand them and tell us why you believe in them and how you intend to uphold them.

Another good Follow-up question: Do you agree that someone who do not believe in those values should be disqualified from running for this office because one cannot be expected to uphold and protect  values which one do not believe in or disagree with?

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2018, 08:32:58 PM »
What do we really have to loose?.  Let us force them tell us if they support the concepts of liberty in our constitutions and explain how they will uphold the rule of law and the democratic values in our constitution and then let see them become dictators before we declare that it will not work.

This is exactly my point: anyone can answer these questions excellently without butting an eyelid yet become dictatorial once elected. Every leader and party promises zero tolerance to corruption yet Kenya is as corrupt as ever. Words mean nothing. Same as everyone claiming to be a performer. The latter cannot be faked unlike the former. It's much smarter to bet on performance.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2018, 08:45:19 PM »
okay uhuru say no to raila nonsense..get the drift

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2018, 08:46:52 PM »
It's okay for you to do that if you wish. Their responses would not in any way affect my choice for the reasons I have explained. Such ideology or beliefs are not important to me.

What do we really have to loose?.  Let us force them tell us if they support the concepts of liberty in our constitutions and explain how they will uphold the rule of law and the democratic values in our constitution and then let see them become dictators before we declare that it will not work.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2018, 04:25:11 PM »
If we are trying to make Kenya a modern Democratic state then I cannot see why we should disagree as to whether presidential candidates should be required to articulate not only their economic, political agenda but also their political philosophies and beliefs.  I find it quit buffling for someone who seems to have received a good western liberal education and seems to enjoy residing in the west to all of a sudden insinuate that such values are not good for Africans because they are not mature.  If a white person expressed those same views as you are we would all be besides ourselves screaming "racism", "colonialism" etc.

It's okay for you to do that if you wish. Their responses would not in any way affect my choice for the reasons I have explained. Such ideology or beliefs are not important to me.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2018, 05:22:58 PM »
Part of freedom and liberalism includes accepting that others do not share our values. I have no problem if you want candidates grilled about their philosophies. Some Kenyans like you will be interested and informed to make their choices. Others like me will not be bothered. Performance track records of leaders are more useful to us.

If we are trying to make Kenya a modern Democratic state then I cannot see why we should disagree as to whether presidential candidates should be required to articulate not only their economic, political agenda but also their political philosophies and beliefs.  I find it quit buffling for someone who seems to have received a good western liberal education and seems to enjoy residing in the west to all of a sudden insinuate that such values are not good for Africans because they are not mature.  If a white person expressed those same views as you are we would all be besides ourselves screaming "racism", "colonialism" etc.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2018, 04:22:01 AM »
whether it is democracy or capitalism, we must agree on the ground rules first before we can compete.  We must all agree that all our candidates must embrace the core concepts of the modern liberal traditions and to uphold the constitution which is based on those principles.  Requiring leaders to declare their position on the ground rules for engagement is critical and crucial and therefore not a matter of opinion.  Its like any other game-there must be an agreement on the ground rules and rules of engagement.

Part of freedom and liberalism includes accepting that others do not share our values. I have no problem if you want candidates grilled about their philosophies. Some Kenyans like you will be interested and informed to make their choices. Others like me will not be bothered. Performance track records of leaders are more useful to us.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2018, 04:58:55 AM »
whether it is democracy or capitalism, we must agree on the ground rules first before we can compete.  We must all agree that all our candidates must embrace the core concepts of the modern liberal traditions and to uphold the constitution which is based on those principles.  Requiring leaders to declare their position on the ground rules for engagement is critical and crucial and therefore not a matter of opinion.  Its like any other game-there must be an agreement on the ground rules and rules of engagement.

Essentially a social contract.  I think that matters at a fundamental level.  As far as I can tell, Ruto wants the continuation of scorched earth ethnicized politics, the tribal census where you line up to vote for your "our man".  I am increasingly convinced he does not lack an ideology.  He just has a bad one.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2018, 07:42:25 AM »
Since independence from mkoloni our key goals are to eliminate ignorance, disease and poverty. We are still aiming for a middle class economy to end squalor. The "ground rules" cannot be based on some alien principles acquired via plagiary where a committee of quacks copy-pasted the US constitution. That's why you have such a disconnect when a tree-hugging liberal like Obama or Clinton attempts to impose gay rights on Africa and is met with protests. If Kenyans or Africans are so happy with western freedoms why are they so vehement against gayism?

Competence and performance - the ability to turn vision into reality - must be the basic principle underlying our leadership. Peddlers of empty rhetoric should be automatically disqualified. That or let people square off at the ballot. Sorry your liberal ideologies don't impress me at all. You know me really - I have been pushing for benevolent dictatorship and this should tell you how much worth I attach to ideology especially the utopian "social justice" kind.

People can never agree on what's most important. That is why you have the ballot - so the majority can rule - in place of the bullet.

The "ground rules" are actually the constitution you are trying to change. Please respect the current rules. It's all in the constitution and the law. Just get ready to be whacked by Star Performer William Ruto as you hanker for new rules cause you don't like the current ones.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2018, 07:50:02 AM »
And instead of electoral reforms - which is voodoo - we are being told we need a PM and his 2 deputies - and Uhuru is the main contender for the new post! Cause this will cause "inclusion". This is resoundingly supported by the dynasties - families that have dominated Kenya politically and economically since independence. These are basically overlords who have bullied and looted the country into submission. And Kichwa supporting this lunacy can also lecture us on freedom sijui liberal values. Ukistaajabu ya Musa kweli :D

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2018, 08:01:24 AM »

Essentially a social contract.  I think that matters at a fundamental level.  As far as I can tell, Ruto wants the continuation of scorched earth ethnicized politics, the tribal census where you line up to vote for your "our man".  I am increasingly convinced he does not lack an ideology.  He just has a bad one.

The ground rules are the constitution and the law. Chapter six, 50%+1, 24 counties, 35+ years, bla bla. You may want to change it to include "ideology" or something like that. Sadly all I hear is PM and regional government. And "inclusion"  :)

What do you suggest exactly - a new clause about ideology in the Elections Act? Or a new clause in Chapter Six? How exactly would candidates ideology be verified? How about the voters' freedom of choice?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2018, 08:20:09 AM »
Singapore is what happens when vision and performance prevail. Venezuela is what happens when ideologues take over the country. Civil and economic strife. 4000% inflation.

Mr Nicolas "social justice" Maduro now has resorted to strong-arm tactics where noone has a job anymore. Everyone is "equal" in squalor.

Nicolas Maduro wins as rivals call for new Venezuela elections
https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/world/Nicolas-Maduro-wins-as-rivals-call-for-new-Venezuela-elections/3126396-4572064-gv22rez/index.html

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2018, 08:34:39 AM »
bitmask and Kichwa I have an excellent suggestion. As part of the referendum we can have a new ideological clause.

Clause 806. The candidate's ideology shall be liberal in the mold of Western democracy. They shall absolutely embrace democracy, freedom of choice, worship, gayism, socialism, equality, etc - as certified by western NGOs. These shall be exemplified by candidates own visions and manifestoes, personal ethos and vows, party rules, speeches and lectures before global audiences....

• Enigma
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2018, 02:39:50 PM »

The ground rules are the constitution and the law. Chapter six, 50%+1, 24 counties, 35+ years, bla bla. You may want to change it to include "ideology" or something like that. Sadly all I hear is PM and regional government. And "inclusion"  :)

What do you suggest exactly - a new clause about ideology in the Elections Act? Or a new clause in Chapter Six? How exactly would candidates ideology be verified? How about the voters' freedom of choice?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2018, 02:42:12 PM »
Precisely.
Singapore is what happens when vision and performance prevail. Venezuela is what happens when ideologues take over the country. Civil and economic strife. 4000% inflation.

Mr Nicolas "social justice" Maduro now has resorted to strong-arm tactics where noone has a job anymore. Everyone is "equal" in squalor.

Nicolas Maduro wins as rivals call for new Venezuela elections
https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/world/Nicolas-Maduro-wins-as-rivals-call-for-new-Venezuela-elections/3126396-4572064-gv22rez/index.html

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2018, 03:08:46 PM »

While I don't agree that we need elaborate ideology in our leaders, I'm asking how you propose this should be realized. Presidential debates are held during elections and everyone vows zero tolerance to corruption. Needless to say that is empty rhetoric. Would adding a few questions about ideology make our choice of leaders better? I think this will develop with time once bread and butter has been dealt with. I take the western ideological maturity as an economic payoff. A luxury. Rights, social justice and such things are a function of economic development. That's why I see performance as a singular wheat-from-chaff element of a good leader. Because at $2k per capita we are eons behind rights-obsessed, gay-loving mzungu.

• Enigma
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2018, 03:14:37 PM »

While I don't agree that we need elaborate ideology in our leaders, I'm asking how you propose this should be realized. Presidential debates are held during elections and everyone vows zero tolerance to corruption. Needless to say that is empty rhetoric. Would adding a few questions about ideology make our choice of leaders better? I think this will develop with time once bread and butter has been dealt with. I take the western ideological maturity as an economic payoff. A luxury. Rights, social justice and such things are a function of economic development. That's why I see performance as a singular wheat-from-chaff element of a good leader. Because at $2k per capita we are eons behind rights-obsessed, gay-loving mzungu.

I think they already have the ideologies wired in.  I brought up Ruto's because I have never heard him articulate it.  But I think I have an idea what it is and maybe why he has not articulated it.  IMO the metric for performance and track record is the social contract.

Harriet Tubman