Author Topic: Raila Devolution Proposal  (Read 15521 times)

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Re: Raila Devolution Proposal
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2018, 04:28:48 PM »
I trust you don't all believe Raila is genuine in his push for "inclusion" and regional government. This is just a ploy to upstage Ruto's 2022 plans. The small tribes will all line up in Raila's corner as we can already see with Kalonzo. While also regionalism appeals to subpar kingpins Madvds, Weta, Joho, etc. Ruto is being seen as selfish wanting to keep all the power to himself. In case of any negotiations Raila will "compromise" and drop the regions, leaving PM as the red line.

This is just 2022, not reforms or inclusion. Ruto is damned if he does, damned if he does not.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2018, 04:38:01 PM »
Jesus H. Christ on a bicycle! no speech has not been drafted nor words spoken to justify political expediency. The lengths people will go to to hoodwink gullible Kenyans.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2018, 04:40:53 PM »
And Kichwa I'm not defending Ruto from the chopping block; I don't agree with pedestrian reforms. I doubt Raila does too - no changes will actually occur, just Ruto will loose his coalition by the time the clamor is over. That's the true reason for his panic: amechorewa.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2018, 05:52:57 PM »

You do not know what will happen. You just say stuff because you think its smart to say them. How do you know change will never occur when change is the only thing that you can always bet on. Stop being a smart ass.
And Kichwa I'm not defending Ruto from the chopping block; I don't agree with pedestrian reforms. I doubt Raila does too - no changes will actually occur, just Ruto will loose his coalition by the time the clamor is over. That's the true reason for his panic: amechorewa.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2018, 07:26:58 PM »
He is excusing the thieving bastards like Jomo, Moi and Kibaki.  Blaming the constitution.  Baba must be smoking some really expensive stuff.   :D. Handshake is not a joke.

You can have the best constitution on paper and nothing will change.  The 2010 constitution and its implementation should make this obvious.  It has explicit provisions forbidding tribalism, corruption etc but nothing has changed - actually it's gotten worse. 

I thought they were going to use the handshake to deal with some of the more dangerous problems like at least tribalism.  Corruption will require divine intervention and it does not really threaten total collapse like tribalism.  But it looks like it's back to jockeying for positions and opportunities to feast. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2018, 07:41:34 PM »
Exactly bitmask. Raila's and Kichwa's principles have gone to the dogs.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2018, 08:20:52 PM »
Dead on Arrival.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2018, 11:36:59 PM »
That's not true. You need good will and the laws to work together.  Sometimes closing loopholes in law can cause compliance.  Raila cannot be made to be the one to correct all the ills of Kenya. When Kenyans want change they will do so but it cannot be Raila's job.  Why is Ouru and Ruto getting the pass and Raila is the one who must rain them in. My advise to Raila is to stop carrying  the burdern of good governance, and stopping corruption like corruption around his neck.  Let Kenyans deal with it when they are ready.

He is excusing the thieving bastards like Jomo, Moi and Kibaki.  Blaming the constitution.  Baba must be smoking some really expensive stuff.   :D. Handshake is not a joke.

You can have the best constitution on paper and nothing will change.  The 2010 constitution and its implementation should make this obvious.  It has explicit provisions forbidding tribalism, corruption etc but nothing has changed - actually it's gotten worse. 

I thought they were going to use the handshake to deal with some of the more dangerous problems like at least tribalism.  Corruption will require divine intervention and it does not really threaten total collapse like tribalism.  But it looks like it's back to jockeying for positions and opportunities to feast.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2018, 04:29:26 PM »
That's not true. You need good will and the laws to work together.  Sometimes closing loopholes in law can cause compliance.  Raila cannot be made to be the one to correct all the ills of Kenya. When Kenyans want change they will do so but it cannot be Raila's job.  Why is Ouru and Ruto getting the pass and Raila is the one who must rain them in. My advise to Raila is to stop carrying  the burdern of good governance, and stopping corruption like corruption around his neck.  Let Kenyans deal with it when they are ready.

He is excusing the thieving bastards like Jomo, Moi and Kibaki.  Blaming the constitution.  Baba must be smoking some really expensive stuff.   :D . Handshake is not a joke.

I agree that Raila cannot and should not shoulder Kenya's problems.  It's not a one man kind of problem.  The mess we are talking about is woven into the fabric of Kenya.

Still, I got the impression that he and Kenyatta would go all out and eliminate or minimize the brinkmanship that leaves the country teetering on the edge disaster every five years.  That's what they said.  But it already looks like the beginning of another cycle of the same, perhaps with a few actors changing sides.

I thought Ouruto's complicity was so obvious it did not warrant discussion.  I am not giving them a pass.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2018, 01:51:27 PM »
It appears Uhuru may have to abandoned Raila and his council of elders. Jubilee rank & file just don't trust Raila & don't see the need of hand-shake. It question of when to pull the plug. It appears Ruto want it done as soon as possible aware that conceding an inch to Raila could be dangerous. Meanwhile Raila is so desperate he has had to recant his 2022 bid :).

If Uhuru throw Raila under the bus....NASA groupies will be waiting to get even with  him. Well - he can form alliance with Gideon Moi - quite some bedfellows.

I doubt the hand-shake will last another 3 months of relentless onslaught by Ruto.

https://mobile.nation.co.ke/blogs/Premature-jostling-could-make-Uhuru-Kenyatta-early-lame-duck-/1949942-4549568-item-1-918k3b/index.html

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2018, 02:33:04 PM »
Pundit - Uhuru and GEMA are served well by the handshake - especially the squabbles in non-GEMA - and are not under any pressure to pull the plug. Usually, like in the Kibaki sunset days, Kenyans would be fed up with the thought of GEMA continued hegemony. Same thing as Moi last days - noone wanted to hear about Kalenjin. Today you have Atwoli asking for a soft landing for Uhuru. This is the handshake effect where everyone sucks up to GEMA and claim to front Uhuru Big 4 Agenda.

This is a very smart play for Uhuru. Tighten your seatbelt.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2018, 02:52:01 PM »
Pundit - Uhuru and GEMA are served well by the handshake - especially the squabbles in non-GEMA - and are not under any pressure to pull the plug. Usually, like in the Kibaki sunset days, Kenyans would be fed up with the thought of GEMA continued hegemony. Same thing as Moi last days - noone wanted to hear about Kalenjin. Today you have Atwoli asking for a soft landing for Uhuru. This is the handshake effect where everyone sucks up to GEMA and claim to front Uhuru Big 4 Agenda.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2018, 03:19:28 PM »
Pundit imagines Ruto is in control of GEMA; he's not. Ruto knows this and is careful not to attack Uhuru. So the guns are trained on Raila and "a powerful clique of Kibaki-era politicians" which is the new code for GEMA.

In the meantime, Mr Ruto might be advised that those vows of undying loyalty from central Kenya politicians might not be worth the spittle they came out with.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2018, 03:30:13 PM »
You like projecting. I think Uhuru control GEMA - the powerful clique is a joke. However I just don't see how Uhuru can say walk out of his pledge with Ruto without serious consequences. And I don't infact why he should even attempt to walk away. I don't think anybody can trust Raila.
Pundit imagines Ruto is in control of GEMA; he's not. Ruto knows this and is careful not to attack Uhuru. So the guns are trained on Raila and "a powerful clique of Kibaki-era politicians" which is the new code for GEMA.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2018, 03:32:05 PM »
Ruto needs to take time and study the Trojan horse. Instead of kneejerk ups and downs he's upto now. Ask yourself: did Raila orchestrate the handshake alone? What makes you think he even originated the idea? When was it hatched - now or years ago?

The 48 Laws of Power
Law 12: Use Selective Honesty and Generosity to Disarm Your Victim

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2018, 03:32:28 PM »
Yes that make sense. Uhuru basically got himself a leverage from white-flag waving Raila. But I think he knows when to play jokes (Raila) and when to act serious.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2018, 03:33:24 PM »
It appears Uhuru may have to abandoned Raila and his council of elders. Jubilee rank & file just don't trust Raila & don't see the need of hand-shake. It question of when to pull the plug. It appears Ruto want it done as soon as possible aware that conceding an inch to Raila could be dangerous. Meanwhile Raila is so desperate he has had to recant his 2022 bid :).

If Uhuru throw Raila under the bus....NASA groupies will be waiting to get even with  him. Well - he can form alliance with Gideon Moi - quite some bedfellows.

I doubt the hand-shake will last another 3 months of relentless onslaught by Ruto.

https://mobile.nation.co.ke/blogs/Premature-jostling-could-make-Uhuru-Kenyatta-early-lame-duck-/1949942-4549568-item-1-918k3b/index.html
If uhuru tries to abandon ruto or shaft him, there'll be a rebellion in GEMA. The joke doing rounds in mt.kenya is that the dynasties might have the money but hustlers have the votes. It's not like gema has made out like bandits in uhuru administration to the point of not revolting. This will be like when uhuru and kibaki tried to front mudavadi , gema rebelled, uhuru was told even him he has one vote.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2018, 03:33:34 PM »
I have never bought into The Prince and all those theories. That is just vodoo. What works every-time is to study political personal interests and the options available for them to actualize them.
Ruto needs to take time and study the Trojan horse. Instead of kneejerk ups and downs he's upto now. Ask yourself: did Raila orchestrate the handshake alone? What makes you think he even originated the idea? When was it hatched - now or years ago?

The 48 Laws of Power
Law 12: Use Selective Honesty and Generosity to Disarm Your Victim

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2018, 03:36:13 PM »
Yeah Kalenjin as a group are very single-minded when it comes to their interests - and there is not let up. I think you saw that in Mau. If Uhuru was to threaten the 2022 deal - he better be ready for a big war coming his way. Raila is a joke who cannot sustain a war of attrition.Ruto & RVs would definitely bring war from all fronts..land, sea and air! every day till cows come home.

Whoever want to stop Ruto in 2022 has big impossible job ahead of him.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2018, 03:38:44 PM »
I think Uhuru is entertaining the idea of walking out on Ruto. At least Ruto must have refused the Putin-Medvedev arrangement so Uhuru has resorted to this. How else would the handshake happen? Ruto is actually attacking Uhuru as "powerful clique".

If things were kosher in Uhurutopia there would be no handshake and Murkomen et al would not be barking so fiercely.

You like projecting. I think Uhuru control GEMA - the powerful clique is a joke. However I just don't see how Uhuru can say walk out of his pledge with Ruto without serious consequences. And I don't infact why he should even attempt to walk away. I don't think anybody can trust Raila.