Author Topic: Commonwealth Games  (Read 9123 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Commonwealth Games
« on: April 10, 2018, 04:10:11 PM »

Looks like Uganda's basic strategy is to eat Kenya's lunch.

https://results.gc2018.com/en/all-sports/medal-standings.htm
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Commonwealth Games
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 04:23:39 PM »
Impressive results from the small sebei sub-tribe of Kalenjin who represent 0.6% of Uganda population.

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 04:46:38 PM »
Impressive results from the small sebei sub-tribe of Kalenjin who represent 0.6% of Uganda population.

Are they the only Kalenjins in Ug?  There just doesn't seem to be much information out there.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 04:59:22 PM »
Jamaican wins Women's 3,000 Steeplechase.  Kenya's lunch eaten once more by someone who has no business even participating at this level.  A bit like Usain Bolt losing to Eliud Kipchoge in 100m.  Or Eliud losing to Bolt in the marathon.

https://results.gc2018.com/en/athletics/result-women-s-3000m-steeplechase-fnl-000100-.htm

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 07:04:33 PM »
Pokot seem to move to moroto and sorrounding areas but don't live there...so yes Sebei only.
Are they the only Kalenjins in Ug?  There just doesn't seem to be much information out there.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 07:05:52 PM »
For kenya - this second team - the big boys and girls don't participate in CG - it chance for juniors and upcoming althetes to shine - but of course for other countries like UG - this huge chance for them to get some medals.Chepsol is 18* yr old who cannot make to senior team..where likes of kyieng would have her for dinner. The real competition of course is olympics, then worlds, then diamond league and some selected meets.

Jamaican wins Women's 3,000 Steeplechase.  Kenya's lunch eaten once more by someone who has no business even participating at this level.  A bit like Usain Bolt losing to Eliud Kipchoge in 100m.  Or Eliud losing to Bolt in the marathon.

https://results.gc2018.com/en/athletics/result-women-s-3000m-steeplechase-fnl-000100-.htm

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 04:03:08 PM »
For kenya - this second team - the big boys and girls don't participate in CG - it chance for juniors and upcoming althetes to shine - but of course for other countries like UG - this huge chance for them to get some medals.Chepsol is 18* yr old who cannot make to senior team..where likes of kyieng would have her for dinner. The real competition of course is olympics, then worlds, then diamond league and some selected meets.

Chespol has run the third fastest time in the event, last year in Eugene, beating the Bahrainian olympic champion Ruth Jebet.  This Marakwet is the best Kenya has at this point. 

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 08:47:15 PM »
Cheptegei bags another gold as Kenyans continue to sleep.  The Ugandans have woken up.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-04/13/c_137109275.htm

Harriet Tubman