Author Topic: Dear Robina, Cash is King, the Rest are Details  (Read 15749 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Dear Robina, Cash is King, the Rest are Details
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2018, 03:30:38 PM »
Ms Robina,
Your crush is totally crushed
https://nyti.ms/2nJyjh6
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2018, 04:17:48 PM »
Robina,
Own goals don't come this easy

https://nyti.ms/2nK681H
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2018, 10:24:05 AM »
Dear Robina,
NY Times is no gutter press nor is Moody:

https://nyti.ms/2MAnKuT

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2018, 03:30:00 PM »
Felon: Funding Secured
JP Morgan: Bullshiet

And the shorts enjoyed another 6% gain pre-market
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-20/tesla-tumbles-after-jpm-cuts-price-target-113-195-scathing-report

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2018, 06:22:56 PM »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2018, 11:29:11 AM »
Tesla is not okay. I think Musk is screwed, could be bipolar, these are his blunders. He needs to take Arianna Huffington's advice and slow down. Perhaps give PR/corporate control to a COO like he has at SpaceX.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2018, 12:10:53 PM »
Tesla is not okay. I think Musk is screwed, could be bipolar, these are his blunders. He needs to take Arianna Huffington's advice and slow down. Perhaps give PR/corporate control to a COO like he has at SpaceX.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2018, 12:52:27 PM »

I meant Tesla is okay. It's Musk who needs to take a chill pill - focus on engineering & strategy and leave PR to someone less temperamental. Tesla remains a very sound business hence the mega valuation.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2018, 12:58:04 PM »

I meant Tesla is okay. It's Musk who needs to take a chill pill - focus on engineering & strategy and leave PR to someone less temperamental. Tesla remains a very sound business hence the mega valuation.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2018, 02:50:35 PM »
It doesn't make sense to be a sustainable or green energy company then remain in the 1% luxury car market. Tesla mission means mass production. If Elon meant to stay niche he would have done so: his 2006 manifesto said as much.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2018, 02:59:06 PM »

When Tesla hits 1M cars and remains unprofitable I will believe you. There are many cash-burning unicorns worth way more than Tesla and with less impactful solutions to offer. Like AirBnB and Uber - just apps to book taxi or house. These companies have big revenues but bigger spends. Unlike Tesla they already hit mass point; their strategy is to knock regular taxi and realtors out of the market. Tesla's a sure bet - EVs are here to stay with legal mandates in EU, Japan, Australia, etc. It's a matter of growing the marketshare and that's it.

Oh, there's actually a production hell,  it's not a cough up. Tesla's at the very end of the tough stretch of disrupting an entrenched traditional industry. That's a real achievement in auto.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2018, 03:18:20 PM »
vooke you can note without hard knock Tesla, other auto* startups are the niche 30-year-old Acura,  Infiniti, etc - owned by the big kahunas kina Honda, Nissan. Then you have autonomous navigation startups - Waymo, Cruise, Otto - all owned or quickly snatched by the big boys. The driver of innovation is rarely proper vision like Tesla's but profit. The Googles only take on profitable projects, it's the startups that  break new ground and force them to adapt. Now you follow that big companies leading research and innovation is a pipe dream. Unlike popular belief inventions are haphazard and not confined to big air-conditioned labs. Most significant advances come from garage or dorm startups. EV or autonomous navigation or mobile fleet is not new, the big boys avoided the cost until the startups like Tesla made it inevitable.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2018, 03:32:54 PM »

When Tesla hits 1M cars and remains unprofitable I will believe you. There are many cash-burning unicorns worth way more than Tesla and with less impactful solutions to offer. Like AirBnB and Uber - just apps to book taxi or house. These companies have big revenues but bigger spends. Unlike Tesla they already hit mass point; their strategy is to knock regular taxi and realtors out of the market. Tesla's a sure bet - EVs are here to stay with legal mandates in EU, Japan, Australia, etc. It's a matter of growing the marketshare and that's it.

Oh, there's actually a production hell,  it's not a cough up. Tesla's at the very end of the tough stretch of disrupting an entrenched traditional industry. That's a real achievement in auto.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2018, 10:25:42 PM »

Uber.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2018, 08:46:23 PM »
vooke, how do you figure this ugly mkebe for a Tesla competitor?

Russian arms manufacturer Kalashnikov unveils its answer to Tesla
https://techcrunch.com/2018/08/24/kalashnikov-tesla/

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2018, 09:19:28 PM »
vooke, how do you figure this ugly mkebe for a Tesla competitor?

Russian arms manufacturer Kalashnikov unveils its answer to Tesla
https://techcrunch.com/2018/08/24/kalashnikov-tesla/

Reminds me of Chrysler PT Cruizer.
The retro looks really got to me and I nearly bought one.

Have seen Russians scoff at it

But you need to pay attention to Lucid, where Saudi Arabia put their money as they passed over Tesla

https://lucidmotors.com/
https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/20/17757218/lucid-motors-saudi-arabia-funding-tesla-billion

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2018, 12:01:34 AM »
vooke, if you want to know Tesla is going places see these dinosaurs falling over themselves to beat Tesla in EV. They know EV is the future but the Tesla brand is a hard nut to crack. GM and most of the rest already have cheaper EVs - with better servicing, financing, etc - still can't beat Tesla a start-up with advance bookings, delivery delays, poor servicing, zero dealerships. Basically when behemoths can't outcompete a start-up just know you have a winner. Tesla has fans while they have customers and prospects and that's the problem they face. According to most analysts the stock should have tanked by now - except the reality is different - this is the same for the market. Tesla has a 1% auto marketshare right now but will end up at 10+% as EV supplants gasoline.

Electric Mercedes opens German assault on Tesla
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-germany-daimler/electric-mercedes-opens-german-assault-on-tesla-idUSKCN1LJ17Y

Well aware that their earlier battery-car offerings have failed to get anything like Tesla's level of public attention, the German brands are doggedly courting Silicon Valley-style buzz for the coming product blitz.

While some experts doubt the Germans can ever match the wow factor around Tesla and its founding boss Elon Musk, many also wonder whether they need to.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2018, 07:58:38 AM »
vooke, if you want to know Tesla is going places see these dinosaurs falling over themselves to beat Tesla in EV. They know EV is the future but the Tesla brand is a hard nut to crack. GM and most of the rest already have cheaper EVs - with better servicing, financing, etc - still can't beat Tesla a start-up with advance bookings, delivery delays, poor servicing, zero dealerships. Basically when behemoths can't outcompete a start-up just know you have a winner. Tesla has fans while they have customers and prospects and that's the problem they face. According to most analysts the stock should have tanked by now - except the reality is different - this is the same for the market. Tesla has a 1% auto marketshare right now but will end up at 10+% as EV supplants gasoline.

Electric Mercedes opens German assault on Tesla
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-germany-daimler/electric-mercedes-opens-german-assault-on-tesla-idUSKCN1LJ17Y

Well aware that their earlier battery-car offerings have failed to get anything like Tesla's level of public attention, the German brands are doggedly courting Silicon Valley-style buzz for the coming product blitz.

While some experts doubt the Germans can ever match the wow factor around Tesla and its founding boss Elon Musk, many also wonder whether they need to.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2018, 03:51:30 PM »
Ms Robina,
Your crush is a psycho.....heri mimi

and stop defending child rapists, you fucking asshole,

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/elon-musk-thai-cave-rescuer-accusations-buzzfeed-email

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2018, 04:52:00 PM »
Ms Robina,
Your crush is a psycho.....heri mimi

and stop defending child rapists, you fucking asshole,

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/elon-musk-thai-cave-rescuer-accusations-buzzfeed-email

Yes Vooke. In this one, am with ya!!
This guy is a psycho that may take Tesla nowhere.. Trump???
Sorry Robina