Author Topic: Dear Robina, Cash is King, the Rest are Details  (Read 15690 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Dear Robina, Cash is King, the Rest are Details
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2018, 07:29:21 AM »
Enron Musk is shuttering SolarCity,a company he bought purely to save it from bankruptcy so as to maintain his image as flawless visionary
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-21/its-been-difficult-few-days-musk-shutters-solarcity-facilities-across-9-states
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2018, 06:08:24 PM »
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2018, 09:10:33 PM »
Dear Robina

Tesla is running a makeshift production plant under a tent as manual as ever

Then this; pay an extra $2500 for your order or lose it.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-28/tesla-bonds-slide-musk-demands-model-3-reservers-pay-2500-keep-order

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2018, 06:06:48 PM »
Robina
I Tesla another Theranos!!!
We've been hearing of a coming revolution 5yrs and counting.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2018, 12:54:51 PM »
vooke & Parkerpen,  The stock is doing great. At 4,600 Model 3s per week that's 92% delivery. The $2500 extra is on premium Model 3s - the $35k basic price is just marketing. Noone will get it before profits turn up. Only Musk can do this.

Wake me up when the Tesla stock tanks or Musk lands in hot soup like Ms Liz Holmes Theranos. Never gonna happen.  In 5 years Tesla will have a big auto and energy storage marketshare... 15%+ from 1% now. The stock will catch up with Apple.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2018, 07:05:02 PM »
Dear Robina,
Kam hiya

In another bid to push the limits of technology, Tesla at times pulls robots off the line and tests them operating at speeds greater than specified by the supplier, said Charles Mwangi

https://nyti.ms/2lNkq0l

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2018, 03:32:08 PM »
Dear Robina,
Kam hiya

In another bid to push the limits of technology, Tesla at times pulls robots off the line and tests them operating at speeds greater than specified by the supplier, said Charles Mwangi

https://nyti.ms/2lNkq0l

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2018, 07:26:55 AM »

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2018, 03:05:52 PM »
Robina,

Felon is now asking suppliers for discounts lest they lose everything he owes?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-22/liquidity-crisis-tesla-asks-suppliers-cash-back

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2018, 11:10:35 PM »
Robina,
Throw in some barbs to beat this
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-05/why-tesla-executives-are-fleeing

Good Lord. Only a tabloid journalist - or iPad pastor :D - can compare Musk to Ms Theranos. Liz Holmes is a fraud who never produced any working tech with tonnes of funds and Clinton on her board. She told brazen lies. Further, Theranos was a biotech supposed to make blood test-kits - which is very dangerous to give fake results to sick folk like she did. She's lost everything and has been  banned for life from running a business. :o

Musk has working solutions - EVs, green energy tech, reusable rockets. He's onto tunnels ("3D transport" :)) and AI brain-chips now with the Boring Co and Neuralink. The open debate is their viability. SpaceX is private but known to be profitable. Miss Holmes of Theranos never got a simple blood test-kit to work, which is hardly hitec to write about.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2018, 11:51:10 PM »
Robina,

Felon is now asking suppliers for discounts lest they lose everything he owes?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-22/liquidity-crisis-tesla-asks-suppliers-cash-back

This "Tyler Durden" (Fight Club guy) is really brutal. Negotiating with suppliers happens all the time even within profitable companies. Anyway ZeroHedge is a tabloid full of incredible gossip.

Meantime the investors - what really matters - are unmoved

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2018, 12:51:18 PM »
Robina,
Bloomberg and WSJ have reported the same.

Maybe you should tell me what sources you consider impeccable.

For all Musk abilities, Tesla is a dud

Tesla is DEMANDING refunds for what it already paid, it is demanding discounts retroactively and the only vocabulary you can muster is tabloid and iPad?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2018, 03:11:20 PM »
Robina,

Tesla is DEMANDING refunds for what it already paid, it is demanding discounts retroactively and the only vocabulary you can muster is tabloid and iPad?

What does the market - investors - think? Wake me up when they bail on Tesla.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2018, 07:09:43 PM »
Robina,

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2018, 01:04:41 AM »
Robina,

You almost sound convincing... still the numbers don't lie. Tesla has 0.5% of auto market; GM has 15%. Yet investors value them about equally... why? Cause Tesla rocks and is the future. Donge?

Look at the market numbers, not newspaper stories.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2018, 04:19:25 PM »
Robina,

You almost sound convincing... still the numbers don't lie. Tesla has 0.5% of auto market; GM has 15%. Yet investors value them about equally... why? Cause Tesla rocks and is the future. Donge?

Look at the market numbers, not newspaper stories.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2018, 08:37:51 PM »

Yes, the valuation is the sum-total of all factors. The investors know all those things you correctly call intangibles - immaterials - and are not bothered.

In the meantime, please order your Model 3 here... deliverable in 2-4 months.

Model 3: Now Available to Order
https://www.tesla.com/model3?redirect=no&utm_source=communication&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SummerMultiMessageLeads&utm_term=%7Blocale:en_US;LLC:known;bizUnit:vehicles;SendDate:2018-07-24%7D&utm_content=newsletter&smc_id=32224253

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2018, 01:27:43 PM »

Yes, the valuation is the sum-total of all factors. The investors know all those things you correctly call intangibles - immaterials - and are not bothered.

https://www.tesla.com/model3?redirect=no&utm_source=communication&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SummerMultiMessageLeads&utm_term=%7Blocale:en_US;LLC:known;bizUnit:vehicles;SendDate:2018-07-24%7D&utm_content=newsletter&smc_id=32224253

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2018, 02:42:50 PM »

Wrong. Tesla has yet to achieve economies of scale with 100K cars a year. As EV market rapidly grows, Tesla sales will pick up and become profitable. About 90M cars are sold annually; Tesla's 100K is a meagre 0.5%... which is 50% of EV. Tesla's success depends on its ability to maintain the 50% share as EV market expands. Even if it falls to say 15% that will be a major achievement. No auto startup has succeeded since the 50s... it's why we have the same old dinosaurs in auto - Toyota,  Nissan,  Daimler, GM,  Ford, etc - while in tech, retail,  finance and other industries we have brand new Googles and Facebooks competing with the likes of GE,  Microsoft and Apple.

It's why the Tesla brand is so important - and Musk's marketing prowess has alot to do with it.

Give Tesla a break. It's brought the EV to market. It's to be celebrated, not chastised at every turn.