Author Topic: Dear Robina, Cash is King, the Rest are Details  (Read 15689 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Dear Robina, Cash is King, the Rest are Details
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2018, 11:21:18 AM »
Dear Robina,
We are onto Tesla and nothing else. Asante

Earth-landing reusable rockets are proof there is no hitec in EV or AD beyond Musk and Tesla. It's a fair point since we mention GM and Daimler too, don't we?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2018, 12:59:09 AM »
Musk = heart-throb. dreamboat.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2018, 12:51:26 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2018, 05:46:07 PM »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2018, 08:21:09 AM »
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 09:50:31 AM by vooke »

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2018, 04:35:54 PM »
Elon has been acting strangely of late.  Expensive drugs perhaps? 

Meanwhile SpaceX faces safety concerns from NASA for its human rated lauches.

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/38781/20180506/spacexs-rockets-are-powerful-but-nasa-says-they-come-with-a-major-risk.htm
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 06:28:26 AM »
Pastor & bitmask in your faces

Tesla Model X breaks electric towing record by pulling a Qantas Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
https://electrek.co/2018/05/15/tesla-model-x-electric-towing-record-qantas-boeing-787-9-dreamliner/

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 02:42:39 PM »
Pastor & bitmask in your faces

Tesla Model X breaks electric towing record by pulling a Qantas Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
https://electrek.co/2018/05/15/tesla-model-x-electric-towing-record-qantas-boeing-787-9-dreamliner/

O idea how this makes Model 3 profitable but it is well

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2018, 07:48:49 AM »
bitmask and Pastor, I hope you're not part of these f**king shorters.

Tesla shorts feel more pain after bullish analyst call brings gain to 10% on week
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/08/tesla-shares-to-pop-42-percent-as-model-3-profits-improve-with-musk-looking-to-china-analyst.html

One of the most shorted stocks in the United States, Tesla shares cost investors betting against the company more than $1 billion in losses on Wednesday alone after the stock rallied 9.7 percent. Adding to the short woes, the stock is up 13.5 percent in June and up 21 percent since April.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2018, 09:16:31 AM »
bitmask and Pastor, I hope you're not part of these f**king shorters.

Tesla shorts feel more pain after bullish analyst call brings gain to 10% on week
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/08/tesla-shares-to-pop-42-percent-as-model-3-profits-improve-with-musk-looking-to-china-analyst.html

One of the most shorted stocks in the United States, Tesla shares cost investors betting against the company more than $1 billion in losses on Wednesday alone after the stock rallied 9.7 percent. Adding to the short woes, the stock is up 13.5 percent in June and up 21 percent since April.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2018, 12:06:48 PM »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2018, 07:21:52 PM »
Elon's being melodramatic. The comments are hilarious. Overall the inventors are happy: market cap's up to $62B.

Dear Robina,

So the crashes were the work of a saboteur
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-18/musk-accuses-mystery-employee-extensive-and-damaging-sabotage

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2018, 10:41:25 PM »
Elon's being melodramatic. The comments are hilarious. Overall the inventors are happy: market cap's up to $62B.

Dear Robina,

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-18/musk-accuses-mystery-employee-extensive-and-damaging-sabotage

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2018, 01:04:53 AM »

Dear Robina,

Yup.  The point was to drop in a line somewhere about the big bad competitors (for his fans) and the new 5K per week timeline (for investors). All theatre.  I don't think he even does it consciously, it's impulse. Like he didn't know this "internal memo" would be leaked to the public.

An "internal memo" from Musk is actually a presser. You can't hold him accountable or dispute the memo because it's private. This is the marketing genius that has built Tesla. The crazy timelines and magical ideas are ads :) Folks are hooked to 35k starting price which may never come.

Tesla's unique selling point is the brand. Not tech or volumes or price. It's tough to replicate because Musk is the best marketer around. Daimler and GM have customers. Tesla has fans.

Offline vooke

• Enigma

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2018, 12:37:42 PM »

Dear Robina,

Yup.  The point was to drop in a line somewhere about the big bad competitors (for his fans) and the new 5K per week timeline (for investors). All theatre.  I don't think he even does it consciously, it's impulse. Like he didn't know this "internal memo" would be leaked to the public.

An "internal memo" from Musk is actually a presser. You can't hold him accountable or dispute the memo because it's private. This is the marketing genius that has built Tesla. The crazy timelines and magical ideas are ads :) Folks are hooked to 35k starting price which may never come.

Tesla's unique selling point is the brand. Not tech or volumes or price. It's tough to replicate because Musk is the best marketer around. Daimler and GM have customers. Tesla has fans.

It won't. The brand is strong. With advance orders on the 49k premium Model 3 its a sound business.  Tesla won't ever sell for 35k before breaking even. By this time it will have claimed a big share of the auto and energy markets.

Just remember the USP is the brand and the scorekeeper is the stock. Not profits.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2018, 03:58:29 PM »
Dear Robina,
The strength of a brand is measured in tangible products or services. Trsla is all hype with no product worth the valuation that can be produced  PROFITABLY. Musk can't postpone incurring losses indefinitely

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2018, 12:44:38 AM »
Dear Robina,
The strength of a brand is measured in tangible products or services. Trsla is all hype with no product worth the valuation that can be produced  PROFITABLY. Musk can't postpone incurring losses indefinitely

Tangible products and services - these are measured by sales, not profits. Besides 50%+ yoy growth in sales, Tesla has advance orders and will claim a big marketshare soon. So the brand is very strong on that count. Tesla has also taken the global utility and consumer energy storage business by storm... a big deal as gasoline and fossils get banned in the west.

Profits - this is not that useful. Tesla gets big cheap loans - $B+ on the strength of its stock - the true measure of value.  So long as Musk keeps the fans mesmerized and the orders coming, the investors keep the stock rising and the bankers open the troves. Profits mean little so long as the investor sees value in the stock. Until it claims a mass market, the Model 3 will be sold at a premium.

See it this way,  you buy stock for 1)profit or 2)increasing value. With 2 Tesla does not need 1. Until it eventually does and 1 replaces 2 as in most old businesses.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2018, 01:16:42 PM »
Dear Robina,

Tangible products and services - these are measured by sales, not profits. Besides 50%+ yoy growth in sales, Tesla has advance orders and will claim a big marketshare soon. So the brand is very strong on that count. Tesla has also taken the global utility and consumer energy storage business by storm... a big deal as gasoline and fossils get banned in the west.

Profits - this is not that useful. Tesla gets big cheap loans - $B+ on the strength of its stock - the true measure of value.  So long as Musk keeps the fans mesmerized and the orders coming, the investors keep the stock rising and the bankers open the troves. Profits mean little so long as the investor sees value in the stock. Until it claims a mass market, the Model 3 will be sold at a premium.

See it this way,  you buy stock for 1)profit or 2)increasing value. With 2 Tesla does not need 1. Until it eventually does and 1 replaces 2 as in most old businesses.