Author Topic: Matiang'i, Boinet Sentencing Tomorrow  (Read 3063 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Matiang'i, Boinet Sentencing Tomorrow
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2018, 07:10:47 PM »
Pundit is looking at the real direction we are heading. Given UhuRuto and Tuju pronouncements of intent. They have been sending delegates to 'study' the Chinese Communist Party, the ANC, etc. The idea being to last 100 years in power. Raila's trojan horse is meant to leverage or annihilate it altogether.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2018, 07:50:32 PM »

Pundit is un ashamed apologist for ouruto's despotic regime and there is nothing to admire in such people. We know that Ouruto are despots and we do not need Pundit to tell us that because it is self evident.  Good people should not hide behind "reality" even when it is bad.  Good people condemn evil and seek to correct/stop bad things from happening instead of cheering them on and calling them reality. Good people do not make light of killings of others  like Pundit when Msando was killed. Humanism is bigger than tribalism a distinction  which pundit does not understand. Pundit is a Kalenjin first and a human being second.  Stop apologizing for pundit.  Its disgusting.

Pundit is looking at the real direction we are heading. Given UhuRuto and Tuju pronouncements of intent. They have been sending delegates to 'study' the Chinese Communist Party, the ANC, etc. The idea being to last 100 years in power. Raila's trojan horse is meant to leverage or annihilate it altogether.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2018, 10:35:58 PM »
It would lead to more conflict and instability if just looking around Africa is informative.  Pundit conflates dictatorship with the rule of law.  Lack of freedom with order.  More often than not, in Africa, it is the opposite.

Rule of law simply means there are rules everybody follows.  Even Trump with his autocratic instincts obeys court orders made on a small island in the Pacific Ocean when they tell him to let the Taliban into the country.

So you don't see human rights abuses as a cost?  You know it's par for the course in a dictatorship.  But I agree about, the Kenyan setup especially with the putative dictator circa 2022 has nothing Kagamesque about it, except perhaps dictatorial impulses.  I mean can you see Kagame being buddies with Farouk Kibet?

That's what I thought you meant too.  It seems to me, that in the countries that end up reaping material benefits, there is stability, few or no atrocities, a predictable political environment.  There is never a question of things potentially breaking down at the mere thought of change of guard.  Look at Mauritius, Botswana, Namibia.  I know they are tiny, much the same way China is a virtual continent. 

But we are actually in agreement.  The differences largely peripheral to the point.   Whatever the jubilated duo may save from electioneering costs, will be more than offset in other ways inherent in kleptocracies.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2018, 11:01:30 PM »

So you don't see human rights abuses as a cost?  You know it's par for the course in a dictatorship.  But I agree about, the Kenyan setup especially with the putative dictator circa 2022 has nothing Kagamesque about it, except perhaps dictatorial impulses.  I mean can you see Kagame being buddies with Farouk Kibet?

That's what I thought you meant too.  It seems to me, that in the countries that end up reaping material benefits, there is stability, few or no atrocities, a predictable political environment.  There is never a question of things potentially breaking down at the mere thought of change of guard.  Look at Mauritius, Botswana, Namibia.  I know they are tiny, much the same way China is a virtual continent. 

But we are actually in agreement.  The differences largely peripheral to the point.   Whatever the jubilated duo may save from electioneering costs, will be more than offset in other ways inherent in kleptocracies.

I don't have a dogmatic preference for democracy.  I just think it's Kenya's best option.  If you search through this forum, you will likely find that I have already mentioned that South Korea's rise happened under military rule.  I just think dictatorship is an automatic fail for a diverse country, and in Africa in particular.

http://www.nipate.org/index.php?topic=6525.msg51837#msg51837
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2018, 05:42:33 AM »

The bottom-line is that whatever the name of the system that Ouruto have been trying to replace democracy with is a colossal failure. 

I don't have a dogmatic preference for democracy.  I just think it's Kenya's best option.  If you search through this forum, you will likely find that I have already mentioned that South Korea's rise happened under military rule.  I just think dictatorship is an automatic fail for a diverse country, and in Africa in particular.

http://www.nipate.org/index.php?topic=6525.msg51837#msg51837
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2018, 12:25:15 PM »
vooke, China is no dictatorship. Maybe Singapore is, but China? No way. China is governed by institutions, not individuals. They may not work on Western models but they are not operating on the whims of individuals either. They don't care about political rights as much socioeconomic stuff.