Author Topic: Matiang'i, Boinet Sentencing Tomorrow  (Read 3062 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Matiang'i, Boinet Sentencing Tomorrow
« on: March 28, 2018, 07:28:10 PM »
High Court Judge George Odunga has convicted Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang'i, Inspector General Joseph Boinnet and Immigration Director Gordon Kihalangwa for contempt of court.

Justice Odunga has summoned them to appear in court 10am tomorrow for sentencing.

Should they fail to appear in court in person, the court will proceed to sentence them for contempt.

The judge has also ordered that Mr Miguna Miguna should be released from detention, at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, unconditionally.

The judge added that should the three fail to appear in court tomorrow, they would not be granted any hearing.

https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Court-convicts-Matiang-i--Boinnet-and-Kihalangwa-for-contempt/1056-4362076-rrthvj/index.html

What does the constitution say about them holding public office(assuming the constitution is still functional)? 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Matiang'i, Boinet Sentencing Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 07:48:19 PM »
The max is six months jail term...obviously the judiciary and executive been shadow-boxing - so now it when the rubber meets the road. So Matiangi and co will obviously ignore the Odunga tomorrow and he will sentence them in absentia. This is just but the start of Wakora 4 payback. Jubilee last frontier after NASA total collapse is now the judiciary.

The police/executive have a way of flexing their muscle...and soon enough you'll hear Odunga resigning after receiving a dead human head. If not ...the police as means and ways of making life really difficult for you...ask miguna who is yet to shower for days now. They can fire some few rounds near your house or car..and the next you're a refugee or dead.

This is long overdue..the naive judiciary can't handle this war. The unwritten law is that all 3 of arm of gok ought to respect each other...with everyone knowing the executive have the bigger dick and guns.

The civil society after engineering the ICC 4 are basically now vanguished..Wariah Fadul did the damage with account freezing and all sort of heavy hand..the last that survived in Nation Media threw the towel in...it either you work for Uhuru in NMG or Gideon Moi in Standard or well Ruto in the People Daily. In TV sector - the last man standing is Citizen Macharia.

In short Kenya is heading very quickly to 1980s KANU totalitarianism. There is nothing you can do about because dynamic duo have got their shiet together. Jubilee will control KENYA for next 10 or 20 yrs.

I have no remorse personally because I think the project kenya democracy is nothing more than Kenya ethnicity. Maybe we need to settle on the region average..TZ,UG,Rw, Bu, SS, Ethiopia and Somalia are all under some form of one party dictatorship - kenya is just obeying the laws of average. Bar SS or BU...they've grown economically at near double our rate for decades now!

We just need Ruto in there..another Kagame or Museveni or Magufili to forcefully get shiet done. Otherwise Miguna Miguna drama will occupy our mind every day - instead of having a stable and predictable political enviroment.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 09:40:33 PM »
The max is six months jail term...obviously the judiciary and executive been shadow-boxing - so now it when the rubber meets the road. So Matiangi and co will obviously ignore the Odunga tomorrow and he will sentence them in absentia. This is just but the start of Wakora 4 payback. Jubilee last frontier after NASA total collapse is now the judiciary.

The police/executive have a way of flexing their muscle...and soon enough you'll hear Odunga resigning after receiving a dead human head. If not ...the police as means and ways of making life really difficult for you...ask miguna who is yet to shower for days now. They can fire some few rounds near your house or car..and the next you're a refugee or dead.

This is long overdue..the naive judiciary can't handle this war. The unwritten law is that all 3 of arm of gok ought to respect each other...with everyone knowing the executive have the bigger dick and guns.

The civil society after engineering the ICC 4 are basically now vanguished..Wariah Fadul did the damage with account freezing and all sort of heavy hand..the last that survived in Nation Media threw the towel in...it either you work for Uhuru in NMG or Gideon Moi in Standard or well Ruto in the People Daily. In TV sector - the last man standing is Citizen Macharia.

In short Kenya is heading very quickly to 1980s KANU totalitarianism. There is nothing you can do about because dynamic duo have got their shiet together. Jubilee will control KENYA for next 10 or 20 yrs.

I have no remorse personally because I think the project kenya democracy is nothing more than Kenya ethnicity. Maybe we need to settle on the region average..TZ,UG,Rw, Bu, SS, Ethiopia and Somalia are all under some form of one party dictatorship - kenya is just obeying the laws of average. Bar SS or BU...they've grown economically at near double our rate for decades now!

We just need Ruto in there..another Kagame or Museveni or Magufili to forcefully get shiet done. Otherwise Miguna Miguna drama will occupy our mind every day - instead of having a stable and predictable political enviroment.

Lakini Pundito,
How exactly has democracy stifled development? One is even tempted to believe that democracy is what is guaranteeing the mediocre growth we are experiencing.

Jubilee with tyranny in parliament pretty much gets to do just about everything they want. I think dictatorship would just serve to minimize electioneering costs which is just a few billions or peanuts given our gdp
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 11:14:40 PM »

Lakini Pundito,
How exactly has democracy stifled development? One is even tempted to believe that democracy is what is guaranteeing the mediocre growth we are experiencing.

Jubilee with tyranny in parliament pretty much gets to do just about everything they want. I think dictatorship would just serve to minimize electioneering costs which is just a few billions or peanuts given our gdp

It would lead to more conflict and instability if just looking around Africa is informative.  Pundit conflates dictatorship with the rule of law.  Lack of freedom with order.  More often than not, in Africa, it is the opposite.

Rule of law simply means there are rules everybody follows.  Even Trump with his autocratic instincts obeys court orders made on a small island in the Pacific Ocean when they tell him to let the Taliban into the country.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 03:50:38 PM »
Fine 200k.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 03:53:10 PM »
Democracy is an acceptable scapegoat for our lack of productivity after colonial annihilation of Mwafrika artisan class and consequent outright theft by the beberus, Kenyatta's, Mois, Rutos families and their friends.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 05:27:50 PM »
Democracy is an acceptable scapegoat for our lack of productivity after colonial annihilation of Mwafrika artisan class and consequent outright theft by the beberus, Kenyatta's, Mois, Rutos families and their friends.

Did you mean unacceptable?  Because Kenya arguably has not had any democracy in meaningful doses.  Since 2002, there has not been one credible Presidential election, and there have been 4 of them held.  It is obviously crazy to try to dismantle a system that hasn't been given a chance to work or does not even exist.

Colonials did their share of damage, but we are way past blaming them after over half a century of independence.  They may have played cold war politics, but nobody had a gun to Kenyans' heads except Kenyatta and Moi.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 05:47:56 PM »

200,000 shillings fine is a joke.  This is less than a few minutes worth of stealing in Matiang'i's super corrupt ministry.  He should have committed them to jail.  They would have defied it, but it would be on their records.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 08:56:28 PM »

Lakini Pundito,

It would lead to more conflict and instability if just looking around Africa is informative.  Pundit conflates dictatorship with the rule of law.  Lack of freedom with order.  More often than not, in Africa, it is the opposite.

Rule of law simply means there are rules everybody follows.  Even Trump with his autocratic instincts obeys court orders made on a small island in the Pacific Ocean when they tell him to let the Taliban into the country.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 11:04:03 PM »
Lakini Pundito,

So you don't see human rights abuses as a cost?  You know it's par for the course in a dictatorship.  But I agree about, the Kenyan setup especially with the putative dictator circa 2022 has nothing Kagamesque about it, except perhaps dictatorial impulses.  I mean can you see Kagame being buddies with Farouk Kibet?

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 03:52:35 AM »
The big difference between Rwanda, China, Singapore, etc vs Kenya, Uganda, Burundi is corruption and patriotism. The results speak for themselves.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 09:09:57 AM »
I think it's given that our politics is corrupt. All the tribal elites are equally corrupt. Obviously if you're Terminator still smarting from the thrashing Raila got - then you want to pass a narrative that Ruto is more corrupt than say Uhuru. What we need is one politician or party to dominate the rest the way Jubilee is slowly doing so we can stop the bickering and we can focus on other issues. Otherwise if all tribal sides are near equal in strength - then we will spend all our time bickering. One side has to politically dominate the way the rest of our neighbours has done...and after that we can focus on issues..like corruption, development. I believe this grand Jubilee plan. To re-enact KANU of 1960-2002.

The big difference between Rwanda, China, Singapore, etc vs Kenya, Uganda, Burundi is corruption and patriotism. The results speak for themselves.

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 12:17:05 PM »

Adding a healthy dose of negative ethnicity makes dreams of an orderly dictatorship delusional.  Democracy in more than just name is what will ultimately work.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 03:42:46 PM »
You are delusional, Kenya is NOT going back to KANU days and Jubilee will never be Kanu.  Jubilee already has various factions and it will fall apart sooner than you think. A lot of changes have taken place since 8/8/2017 which may not be apparent to you but its not going to be business as usual.

I think it's given that our politics is corrupt. All the tribal elites are equally corrupt. Obviously if you're Terminator still smarting from the thrashing Raila got - then you want to pass a narrative that Ruto is more corrupt than say Uhuru. What we need is one politician or party to dominate the rest the way Jubilee is slowly doing so we can stop the bickering and we can focus on other issues. Otherwise if all tribal sides are near equal in strength - then we will spend all our time bickering. One side has to politically dominate the way the rest of our neighbours has done...and after that we can focus on issues..like corruption, development. I believe this grand Jubilee plan. To re-enact KANU of 1960-2002.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2018, 05:38:19 PM »
Jubilee has only one faction - UhuRuto - anyone who think Raila is part of Jubilee is as delusional as Terminator here. Right now Jubilee already control near all levers of power - and it aint stopping - Uhuru is busy dismantling NASA while Ruto consolidate & co-opt the broken parts of NASA into Jubilee - i'ts a brilliant move that caps the 10 yrs of Jubilee dynamic duo schemes. By 2022 - Ruto and Jubilee  will romp home with huge majority - maybe opposition will sit it out again and he'll top up 98% Uhuru got.
You are delusional, Kenya is NOT going back to KANU days and Jubilee will never be Kanu.  Jubilee already has various factions and it will fall apart sooner than you think. A lot of changes have taken place since 8/8/2017 which may not be apparent to you but its not going to be business as usual.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 05:42:20 PM »
There is no one organization with only one faction-Jubilee is not different from those who have come before it. It will break down sooner or later.  The longest it can survive in its current state is 2022.

Jubilee has only one faction - UhuRuto - anyone who think Raila is part of Jubilee is as delusional as Terminator here. Right now Jubilee already control near all levers of power - and it aint stopping - Uhuru is busy dismantling NASA while Ruto consolidate & co-opt the broken parts of NASA into Jubilee - i'ts a brilliant move that caps the 10 yrs of Jubilee dynamic duo schemes. By 2022 - Ruto and Jubilee  will romp home with huge majority - maybe opposition will sit it out again and he'll top up 98% Uhuru got.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 05:46:16 PM »
There is no one organization with so many members that does not have factions-Jubilee is not different from those who have come before it. It will break down before 2022. Even marriages that do not break up are not the same after some time.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 05:49:21 PM »
Lakini Pundito,

So you don't see human rights abuses as a cost?  You know it's par for the course in a dictatorship.  But I agree about, the Kenyan setup especially with the putative dictator circa 2022 has nothing Kagamesque about it, except perhaps dictatorial impulses.  I mean can you see Kagame being buddies with Farouk Kibet?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2018, 05:53:13 PM »

And I asked,
How differently would Uhunye tackle corruption if he was a full blown dictator?

Like how would he have dealt with NYS?

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2018, 06:24:37 PM »

That's what I thought you meant too.  It seems to me, that in the countries that end up reaping material benefits, there is stability, few or no atrocities, a predictable political environment.  There is never a question of things potentially breaking down at the mere thought of change of guard.  Look at Mauritius, Botswana, Namibia.  I know they are tiny, much the same way China is a virtual continent. 

But we are actually in agreement.  The differences largely peripheral to the point.   Whatever the jubilated duo may save from electioneering costs, will be more than offset in other ways inherent in kleptocracies.

Harriet Tubman