Author Topic: Alfred Keter's election nullified  (Read 3775 times)

Offline Higgins the genius

• VIP
  • Superstar
Alfred Keter's election nullified
« on: March 01, 2018, 11:51:55 AM »
Can he beat the DP in a by-election?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Alfred Keter's election nullified
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 12:34:22 PM »
A.Keter is all over the map but I think he will win a re-election - local dynamics - luhyas & kipsigis diaspora will sway it.

Offline Higgins the genius

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 01:31:58 PM »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 02:53:19 PM »
They are all trying to copy Ruto. They think Ruto made it big by fighting Moi. It's the usual broker politics. If you fight long and hard enough - they will make you part of the systems. Brinkmanship. You make noise - they are suppose to call you and cut you something to keep you mum.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 11:12:22 PM »
Today chants of Ruto must go rang in ELD... nice nice...

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 05:20:49 PM »
You pick and choose the Ruto story to fit your own narrative.  The metriotic rise of Ruto actually starts when he joined Raila-but I am sure you have other self serving explanations.

They are all trying to copy Ruto. They think Ruto made it big by fighting Moi. It's the usual broker politics. If you fight long and hard enough - they will make you part of the systems. Brinkmanship. You make noise - they are suppose to call you and cut you something to keep you mum.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 05:24:15 PM »
Today chants of Ruto must go rang in ELD... nice nice...

Akombe and a few Chebukati/Chiloba back and forths have already shown this: It does not matter what the people want.  Can anyone rational really argue with that?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 12:16:17 AM »
Ruto's limelight began in the Kanu days - 97 to 02. "The only Assistant Minister to attend cabinet meetings" 8)

As the Kanu Director of Elections and a blue-eyed 'Young Turk' he vehemently opposed Raila's Rainbow Alliance in the run-up to Narc. That was the first proper visibility where his mettle shown.

In the post-Moi days he helped Uhuru upstage Biwott as Kanu chairman - where he tricked Mutula Kilonzo to clinch sec gen. He was a key player in the 05 No victory and the formation of ODM.

You can say he rode Moi's coattails; then used Raila to sideline the Mois. But the circles he runs around Raila now shows he was always good. He has just polished the oratory. The decisive move was beating ODM in 2013.

You pick and choose the Ruto story to fit your own narrative.  The metriotic rise of Ruto actually starts when he joined Raila-but I am sure you have other self serving explanations.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 11:36:18 AM »
Personally I started noticing William Ruto around 2001. That time KANU was truly indefensible - yet in parliament & media - Ruto found a way to defend the indefensible. And not in the hawkish way that Kamotho & few in KANU used to do. That time there was the talk of KANU A & KANU B - Biwott grp - and Jirongo grp of Y2k - but of course Moi was colossus and KANU was Moi.

I would say Ruto big break came somewhere in 1999/2000. Their experiment with Jirongo had come to screeching halt after Biwott grp won yet again & had Saitoti re-appointed VP in 1999. At some point as he dangled around with Kirwa & UDM  party- he met Gideon Moi & Uhuru - who had unfettered access to statehouse - and Ruto found himself for first-time in statehouse - not as choir leader - but as insider.

Not want to waste time, he quickly made deals (land deals around Ngong forests) and got himself appointed Ass Minister in office of the president. He came to understands MOI modus operandi - rumours, fitina & intelligence drove Moi politics - Moi wanted to know everything. Slowly through Gideon Moi - they planted rumours that Biwwot & Saitoti were upto no good - Biwwot had his own succession lineup where Saitoti would be PORK and himself VP.Long story short - there was Raila in there - with his NDP - Moi never thought about NDP as nothing more than a cushion KANU parliamentary majority. For Moi it was either to trust the young turks of KANU or the old guards of KANU. 

The choice was simple - this wasn't a Jirongo - this was his son and Uhuru. In between Ruto had sand-witched himself neatly around the two.

Ruto's limelight began in the Kanu days - 97 to 02. "The only Assistant Minister to attend cabinet meetings" 8)

As the Kanu Director of Elections and a blue-eyed 'Young Turk' he vehemently opposed Raila's Rainbow Alliance in the run-up to Narc. That was the first proper visibility where his mettle shown.

In the post-Moi days he helped Uhuru upstage Biwott as Kanu chairman - where he tricked Mutula Kilonzo to clinch sec gen. He was a key player in the 05 No victory and the formation of ODM.

You can say he rode Moi's coattails; then used Raila to sideline the Mois. But the circles he runs around Raila now shows he was always good. He has just polished the oratory. The decisive move was beating ODM in 2013.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 06:51:34 PM »
Ruto is a cunning fox. I heard there is a chapter in Nyachae's or someone's auto titled Ujanja wa Ruto

Personally I started noticing William Ruto around 2001. That time KANU was truly indefensible - yet in parliament & media - Ruto found a way to defend the indefensible. And not in the hawkish way that Kamotho & few in KANU used to do. That time there was the talk of KANU A & KANU B - Biwott grp - and Jirongo grp of Y2k - but of course Moi was colossus and KANU was Moi.

I would say Ruto big break came somewhere in 1999/2000. Their experiment with Jirongo had come to screeching halt after Biwott grp won yet again & had Saitoti re-appointed VP in 1999. At some point as he dangled around with Kirwa & UDM  party- he met Gideon Moi & Uhuru - who had unfettered access to statehouse - and Ruto found himself for first-time in statehouse - not as choir leader - but as insider.

Not want to waste time, he quickly made deals (land deals around Ngong forests) and got himself appointed Ass Minister in office of the president. He came to understands MOI modus operandi - rumours, fitina & intelligence drove Moi politics - Moi wanted to know everything. Slowly through Gideon Moi - they planted rumours that Biwwot & Saitoti were upto no good - Biwwot had his own succession lineup where Saitoti would be PORK and himself VP.Long story short - there was Raila in there - with his NDP - Moi never thought about NDP as nothing more than a cushion KANU parliamentary majority. For Moi it was either to trust the young turks of KANU or the old guards of KANU. 

The choice was simple - this wasn't a Jirongo - this was his son and Uhuru. In between Ruto had sand-witched himself neatly around the two.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 08:04:35 PM »
You tend to believe that being President or VP is everything. What did Idi Amin or Mugabe win by being president. Ruto and Ouru presidency means nothing to me because I believe that being president only counts if you full fill the purpose of the job-improve the peoples livelihoods-Leave the country better than you found.  Ouruto has done none of that and therefore they can be president and Vp for a hundred year and it will not impress me.  They have stolen more than any president, they have divided the country a long tribal lines than any president before them and it is not like they had a tough competition.  Unlike you I am not at all impressed by the "achievements" of arap mshamba. Only a primitive person steals like that. Biwott stole a lot-who even thinks of him. That is how WSR will end. Nothing to show for.  Raila on the other hand will be remembered for years.  I do not therefore share your excitement about Ruto having run rings around Raila.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 08:22:22 PM »
For someone who voted for Raila(she says she did), Robina has quite a heck of good things to say about his opponents compared to virtually nothing good to say about her preferred choice. 

My view is that electoral democracy is dead in Kenya, at least at the national level.  Anything conducted by the current IEBC, I cannot even start to see how I can vouch for it.  That is why I find that even strategies predicated on this same IEBC conducting elections make no sense.

This must be how it felt in the late sixties, barely a decade after independence, with all the new spanking institutions an utter shell of themselves.  There was less pretence then though.  It seems like the half-life of a constitution in Kenya is five years or less.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 08:27:07 PM »
There will be no presidential election nation wide without electoral reforms. Some people are delusional and think that the opposition will just present themselves for another presidential under the same IEBC. They underestimate the level of dissent in the country in none jubilee strongholds.

For someone who voted for Raila(she says she did), Robina has quite a heck of good things to say about his opponents compared to virtually nothing good to say about her preferred choice. 

My view is that electoral democracy is dead in Kenya, at least at the national level.  Anything conducted by the current IEBC, I cannot even start to see how I can vouch for it.  That is why I find that even strategies predicated on this same IEBC conducting elections make no sense.

This must be how it felt in the late sixties, barely a decade after independence, with all the new spanking institutions an utter shell of themselves.  There was less pretence then though.  It seems like the half-life of a constitution in Kenya is five years or less.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 09:11:04 PM »
You tend to believe that being President or VP is everything. What did Idi Amin or Mugabe win by being president. Ruto and Ouru presidency means nothing to me because I believe that being president only counts if you full fill the purpose of the job-improve the peoples livelihoods-Leave the country better than you found.  Ouruto has done none of that and therefore they can be president and Vp for a hundred year and it will not impress me.  They have stolen more than any president, they have divided the country a long tribal lines than any president before them and it is not like they had a tough competition.  Unlike you I am not at all impressed by the "achievements" of arap mshamba. Only a primitive person steals like that. Biwott stole a lot-who even thinks of him. That is how WSR will end. Nothing to show for.  Raila on the other hand will be remembered for years. I do not therefore share your excitement about Ruto having run rings around Raila.

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 09:14:25 PM »
The delusional skipped October repeat imagining the earth would stop revolving. Maybe we need some real war to make any difference.
There will be no presidential election nation wide without electoral reforms. Some people are delusional and think that the opposition will just present themselves for another presidential under the same IEBC. They underestimate the level of dissent in the country in none jubilee strongholds.

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2018, 09:45:08 PM »
We live in different worlds my friend. To those of us in opposition, the skipped October elections was a big achievement. It changed things. No business as usual until things change. You will only be able to understand that when you realize that there will be no presidential elections as usual until the electoral system is reformed. We will not registered to vote, we will not have a presidential candidate, we will not participate in presidential campaign and last but not least we will not vote until changes are made to the electoral system.  Naisitoshe,  we will perfect the art of swearing in the peoples president now that we have had a practice.  I wish you could once in a while come and visit us in our world and see how determined, committed and undeterred we are. What we are doing is very exiting because its new, purposeful and futuristic. It is sad to listen to those of you left behind in the old world still thinking its business as usual.   

The delusional skipped October repeat imagining the earth would stop revolving. Maybe we need some real war to make any difference.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 10:55:19 PM »
Don't listen to Pastor vooke. I do "visit" your world via Kenyan and US friends and fora like Nipate. I have empathy. What NASA is doing is not new - Jaramogi, Matiba, et al staged a vibrant resistance that brought in multi-partyism. Change is constant and any new reforms would never be final. I just feel there has been too much "achievement" of the political and the tribal whereas there is no clamor nor focus on a development mission.

I believe that discipline and focus works best in achieving goals. In the corporation all are focused like a laser on the target. In liberal democracy you have half the force pulling in a divergent direction. Inefficient. I am frustrated by democracy in poorly educated Sub Sahara Africa. Even the slightly better educated Arab does not bother with the charade that people nurtured in ethnic communes can make national choices on a merit basis.

I believe as soon as the present clamorers of change gained power they would instantly discard the pretence and become the status quo. We saw it before - the Kiraitus who fought Moi and stuffed themselves to the brim with Triton. Hail Otieno Kajwang' - jeez all those passports and work permits sold to Somali "expats" (refugees) and wahindi without any reference to process! It's all about power. Why is it that people can demand positions and not a national economic vision? Ever heard of the Vision 2030 or seen anyone in the opposition bother with it?

So I would support the devolved parliamentary system to end the bickering. This is empathy, not because the parliamentary system delivers better development. If some people will be less quarrelsome when their man is in charge of taxes - and they can get services, contracts, etc without discrimination - this is only fair and puts to rest the lie called reforms.

In its absence I will pick the firmest hand to deliver the national vision in spite of the chatter, bickering and noisemaking. This is realism.

We live in different worlds my friend. To those of us in opposition, the skipped October elections was a big achievement. It changed things. No business as usual until things change. You will only be able to understand that when you realize that there will be no presidential elections as usual until the electoral system is reformed. We will not registered to vote, we will not have a presidential candidate, we will not participate in presidential campaign and last but not least we will not vote until changes are made to the electoral system.  Naisitoshe,  we will perfect the art of swearing in the peoples president now that we have had a practice.  I wish you could once in a while come and visit us in our world and see how determined, committed and undeterred we are. What we are doing is very exiting because its new, purposeful and futuristic. It is sad to listen to those of you left behind in the old world still thinking its business as usual.   

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 11:11:33 PM »

I chose Raila Odinga for a simple reason: to scuttle Ruto's tribal strategy. Raila's broad coalition would discourage tribalism compared to the populous RVGema. He failed; I moved on. There is no merit in Raila I see better than Ruto. He's just as strong and cunning but lacks the discipline.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 11:29:03 PM »
If you used the search feature you would see I actually vouched for NASA/ODM louder and more articulately than the lukewarm bitmask here. I had an objective and it was not the endless reforms.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2018, 12:13:54 AM »
Its obvious to me now that you support whomever is president even if its by hook or crook. Hauna msimamo wowote. You thought Raila would be president, his elections were stolen from him and therefore you think the thief is smarter and worthy of your support.  Principles takes time to change and not like you who was converted over night. You have a lot of company in Kenya. I remember Kalonzo assuring supporters in Homa Bay that he would be sworn in with Baba then the next day he grew cold feet.  Thank god there are enough people in Kenya with principles who will see this 3rd liberation movement through.

I chose Raila Odinga for a simple reason: to scuttle Ruto's tribal strategy. Raila's broad coalition would discourage tribalism compared to the populous RVGema. He failed; I moved on. There is no merit in Raila I see better than Ruto. He's just as strong and cunning but lacks the discipline.