Author Topic: Ruto 2022 bid - Buying the media  (Read 3895 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Ruto 2022 bid - Buying the media
« on: February 16, 2018, 07:34:02 PM »
Mediamax owns Kameme FM, Kameme TV, Pili pili FM, Meru FM, Mayian FM, Milele FM, People Daily, and K24 TV.

http://www.pulselive.co.ke/news/local/ruto-set-to-increase-his-shared-in-media-max-id7996433.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=art-ktns-zubeidah-kananu-gives-birth-02-16-2018&utm_term=news

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Ruto 2022 bid - Buying the media
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 12:45:24 PM »
Don't know why but I'm still iffy whether Ruto will be "allowed" the presidency come 2022.

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 02:53:24 PM »
Ruto's presidency hings on the kikuyu votes

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 06:18:09 PM »
They have the 2019 census to push Kalenjin numbers to tyrannical levels by themselves.  Who needs actual votes when they can be manufactured at the press of a few buttons?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 07:08:24 PM »
William Ruto is ascending the throne in slow motion. Some folks here will oppose reality to the end. Dude's just cut for it, too clever like a fox 8) Ati manufactured votes. I said it before: anyone can stand, not all can win. That's basically how it works.

Equality is a commodity. Very expensive.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 07:57:10 PM »
William Ruto is ascending the throne in slow motion. Some folks here will oppose reality to the end. Dude's just cut for it, too clever like a fox 8) Ati manufactured votes. I said it before: anyone can stand, not all can win. That's basically how it works.

IEBC that had no inhibition in throwing information that nobody asked for at the SCOK for the October polls.  The same information it continues to withhold in defiance of a court order when it comes to August 8th. 

Why?  What's this vaunted reality?

The explanation is pretty obvious.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 09:23:20 PM »

IEBC that had no inhibition in throwing information that nobody asked for at the SCOK for the October polls.  The same information it continues to withhold in defiance of a court order when it comes to August 8th. 

Why?  What's this vaunted reality?

The explanation is pretty obvious.

And NASA had a window to convince independents like myself there was rigging but failed. Instead they settled for technicality. It's all conjecture now. Ruto will not change the demographics in 2019. They generally haven't changed much except in Mandera. Those are your ghosts. He's building a winning coalition - using state machinery - while his archrival Odinga has no resources to match. It'll be checkmate real soon, unless Baba pulls a rabbit.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 09:33:08 PM »
They have the 2019 census to push Kalenjin numbers to tyrannical levels by themselves.  Who needs actual votes when they can be manufactured at the press of a few buttons?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2018, 10:54:22 PM »
WSR is the ultimate schemer and this is it.Game on.All bases covered.Watch closely

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 11:46:51 PM »
It seems Gema are keen on retaining lower... while Ruto favors babyface Eugene.

Plot for DP Ruto Running Mate Takes Shape
http://allafrica.com/stories/201802190655.html

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 12:16:51 AM »

Hehehe...I have always thought babyface must be a distant relation of John Ngugi the distance runner.  Maybe a shared father.  In any case going with babyface would confirm what everybody knows.  That GEMA is a lost cause for Ruto.  As much as he has done for them, he stands a better chance winning votes among Luhyas than from GEMA.  That's how bad 2022 is looking.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 07:52:42 AM »
GEMA ni Uhuru and Uhuru will pick who becomes the VP. My money still on Mwangi Kiunjuri.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 10:05:38 AM »
GEMA ni Uhuru and Uhuru will pick who becomes the VP. My money still on Mwangi Kiunjuri.

Ruto banned export of unprocessed nuts when he was minister of agriculture. If this ban isn't revoked by kiunjuri asap farmers in meru and central will revolt cause this is affecting their pockets https://www.nation.co.ke/business/Low-prices-and-export-ban-rule-drive-macadamia-farmers-nuts/996-4300044-k301p5/index.html . This year kenya has expelled more than 15 Chinese buyers who are paying higher prices. Reportedly the person behind this racket is Ruto and Wainana mp thika town. Uhuru will be challenged by farmers if this isn't rectified soon. The same thing they tried to do with avocado. Just like the dairy board is harassing small milk traders to force farmers to sell to processors.   

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 12:07:08 PM »
Unless Uhuru will be on the ballot, I don't see how his in-disciplined self can bottle up GEMA in the next 1 year with nothing looking up. Continued drought and the debt will start having serious trickle down effect on businesses and individuals - how he is able to manage getting the masses toe the line is a miracle even for a few months. The MPs and some governors he can have under lock and key; the ground will be shifting as usual with reelections statistics.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 01:22:30 PM »
He will be the supreme leader of Jubilee - in the mold of Iran Ayatollah. As long as Uhuru does indicate he is retiring - no other GEMA leader can rise - and if they attempt - Uhuru will crash them. Uhuru will appoint a proxy to be Ruto deputy - but the deal will remain UhuRuto.
Unless Uhuru will be on the ballot, I don't see how his in-disciplined self can bottle up GEMA in the next 1 year with nothing looking up. Continued drought and the debt will start having serious trickle down effect on businesses and individuals - how he is able to manage getting the masses toe the line is a miracle even for a few months. The MPs and some governors he can have under lock and key; the ground will be shifting as usual with reelections statistics.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 05:44:40 PM »
2017 was different from 2013 but there were similarities, however, the ground is set for 2022 being completely different from 2017 and therefore the 2013 models being used to project 2022 are null and void. If there is an election in 2022 it will be under a whole new electoral reforms with a completely different IEBC.   

He will be the supreme leader of Jubilee - in the mold of Iran Ayatollah. As long as Uhuru does indicate he is retiring - no other GEMA leader can rise - and if they attempt - Uhuru will crash them. Uhuru will appoint a proxy to be Ruto deputy - but the deal will remain UhuRuto.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Ole

• Regular
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2018, 06:34:55 PM »
2017 was different from 2013 but there were similarities, however, the ground is set for 2022 being completely different from 2017 and therefore the 2013 models being used to project 2022 are null and void. If there is an election in 2022 it will be under a whole new electoral reforms with a completely different IEBC.   

There won't be electoral reforms before 2022. opposition have to win the election overwhelmingly like NAK did in 2002. Anything less than that and jubilee will make sure that raila is sworn in as the people's president again.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2018, 06:42:07 PM »
The way things are going - Kalonzo, MaDVD & even Wetangula may all be in Jubilee - so it very likely there will be little opposition going forward. As long as Raila insist on running - NASA remains KAPUT and WSR is more than assured of PORK. Once Raila change tact and become a king-maker - then he will be very dangerous and whoever Raila endorses will start off very strongly...but will Raila and Luo Nation accept the end of Raila?
There won't be electoral reforms before 2022. opposition have to win the election overwhelmingly like NAK did in 2002. Anything less than that and jubilee will make sure that raila is sworn in as the people's president again.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2018, 07:49:46 PM »
Pipe dream. And WSR's too savvy to welcome any of the quarrelsome NASA principals to Jubilee. So long as Raila runs expect a clouded opposition field.

The way things are going - Kalonzo, MaDVD & even Wetangula may all be in Jubilee - so it very likely there will be little opposition going forward. As long as Raila insist on running - NASA remains KAPUT and WSR is more than assured of PORK. Once Raila change tact and become a king-maker - then he will be very dangerous and whoever Raila endorses will start off very strongly...but will Raila and Luo Nation accept the end of Raila?