Author Topic: Zuma refuses to resign - facing Mbeki's fate  (Read 3135 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Zuma refuses to resign - facing Mbeki's fate
« on: February 05, 2018, 11:35:02 AM »
Jacob Zuma 'refuses to resign' as South African leader despite ANC calls for him to go
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/jacob-zuma-south-africa-anc-meeting-resign-president-latest-step-down-a8194451.html
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Zuma refuses to resign - facing Mbeki's fate
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 02:52:05 PM »
Looks like he will be put pasture in a few days. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 03:05:32 PM »
Looks like he will be put pasture in a few days.

It's good for SA that the president actually gets fired for setting the poorest standards possible. He compares himself to Bob and M7 and believes he is quite OK. The man has 700+ cases pending :o

My hope is that the ANC vote is whittled down to below 50% in 2019 to cut the hubris. They have ridden the apartheid story for too long. Mbeki must be grinning.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 12:28:32 PM »
Zuma is going nowhere. After reading The President's Keepers by Jacques Pauw, it is quite clear Zuma has a choke hold over all key institutions -police, parliament, revenue Service, name it. Ramaphosa is just a flower girl and if he tries to bury Zuma he will be buried before he ascends to the presidency. Being a cowardly systems person Ramaphosa is not interested in a dirty wrestling with pigsty Zuma.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 12:36:18 PM »
Zuma is going nowhere. After reading The President's Keepers by Jacques Pauw, it is quite clear Zuma has a choke hold over all key institutions -police, parliament, revenue Service, name it. Ramaphosa is just a flower girl and if he tries to bury Zuma he will be buried before he ascends to the presidency. Being a cowardly systems person Ramaphosa is not interested in a dirty wrestling with pigsty Zuma.

RSA is a parliamentary system which makes the party leader very powerful. All it takes now is another vote of no confidence and the ANC MPs will side with the Opposition. Zuma out.

Zuma actually backed NDZ and lost; he is not that powerful. He needs to negotiate immunity and quit gracefully.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 01:02:10 PM »
Apart from the fact that the margin was quite close despite male dominated ANC, am quite sure Zuma hasn't given up on NDZ. Any signs that Ramaphosa can't be trusted by the Zumas will mean a vicious fight to destroy Ramaphosa giving NDZ a second chance.

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 06:15:27 PM »
Zuma's exit might be just what South Africa needs to shake up its party politics.  If ANC have losses in Kwazulu-Natal because of it, that will create a more level playing field for alternatives.
South Africa's ruling African National Congress (ANC) has formally asked President Jacob Zuma to resign, a senior party official has confirmed.

The decision to "recall" him "urgently" followed marathon talks of the ANC's top leadership body.

Mr Zuma, 75, agreed to step down, but only in the next three to six months, the official added.

Mr Zuma, who has been in power since 2009, has been dogged by corruption allegations.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-43039928
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 07:11:03 PM »
RSA is not Kenya. Zuma is out and he will be in residing in Nkandla this year. Problem here is you are exporting your Kenyan mentality to RSA.

Apart from the fact that the margin was quite close despite male dominated ANC, am quite sure Zuma hasn't given up on NDZ. Any signs that Ramaphosa can't be trusted by the Zumas will mean a vicious fight to destroy Ramaphosa giving NDZ a second chance.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 08:58:11 PM »
Nothing different about Mwafrika politics. It is all about stealing and keeping the loot in the family, accumulating more. Murdering anybody who comes near. Zero philosophy/ideology. Zuma is the SA Jomo- am sure if NDZ doesn't have a chance, thuggish Edward will have a chance in 10-20 years.

RSA is not Kenya. Zuma is out and he will be in residing in Nkandla this year. Problem here is you are exporting your Kenyan mentality to RSA.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 10:18:49 PM »
gout kweli. RSA is not Kenya and has high standards of accountability. The 2nd biggest economy in Africa. Despite this, the president has 700+ corruption cases :o :o This shows judicial maturity while exposing his rotten underbelly. Zuma is a heartbeat away from prison; clinging to the presidency will not save him.

Zuma will be remembered as the scumbag that degraded RSA from mzungu to mwafrika standard. You can youtube Malema for details - guy really raps him up good.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 11:52:25 AM »
Correction. South Africa is biggest Africa economy. Nigeria economy is bonoko.
gout kweli. RSA is not Kenya and has high standards of accountability. The 2nd biggest economy in Africa. Despite this, the president has 700+ corruption cases :o :o This shows judicial maturity while exposing his rotten underbelly. Zuma is a heartbeat away from prison; clinging to the presidency will not save him.

Zuma will be remembered as the scumbag that degraded RSA from mzungu to mwafrika standard. You can youtube Malema for details - guy really raps him up good.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 11:59:35 AM »
Pundit really? RSA $280B vs 405B Nigeria gdp. RSA is the most developed (HDI) and industrialized. Higher per capita too but not the absolute biggest.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 06:40:29 PM »
Nigeria voodo economy can only generate about the same taxes as kenya - although 90% of that is oil. Nigeria federal budget is about 30B or less - kenya 26B - RSA has 110B usd budget. Nigeria is VOODOO. Outside Oil and maybe cement sector - I don't see anything worth 405 - Egypt and South Africa are real economies.
Pundit really? RSA $280B vs 405B Nigeria gdp. RSA is the most developed (HDI) and industrialized. Higher per capita too but not the absolute biggest.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 06:58:20 PM »
You forgot entertaiment that is Nollywood, Niga music and churches. :D :D :D :D
Nigerians exporting their charismatic voodoo pastors and prophets allover the world. Will soon overtake oil as main foreign currency earner.

Nigeria voodo economy can only generate about the same taxes as kenya - although 90% of that is oil. Nigeria federal budget is about 30B or less - kenya 26B - RSA has 110B usd budget. Nigeria is VOODOO. Outside Oil and maybe cement sector - I don't see anything worth 405 - Egypt and South Africa are real economies.

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 07:13:16 PM »

I think Naija economy is much bigger than the budget suggests.  The tax collection and accountability are just much worse.  So there is probably a lot of public money going into private hands.  Naija is a major manufacturer in a small way.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 07:25:00 PM »
This is based on what. I'd love to see some consumption and expenditure data...that is validated..not generated by Nigeria Stats Office. The last time I checked they imported from all their 3 ports - slightly more than stuff we import in Mombasa (80% of it belong to Kenyans). I think we are doing 1m plus containers per annum in Mombasa port and they are doing about 1.5m. I'll re-check. Nigeria is for me a real voodoo economy.
I think Naija economy is much bigger than the budget suggests.  The tax collection and accountability are just much worse.  So there is probably a lot of public money going into private hands.  Naija is a major manufacturer in a small way.

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 07:42:22 PM »
This is based on what. I'd love to see some consumption and expenditure data...that is validated..not generated by Nigeria Stats Office. The last time I checked they imported from all their 3 ports - slightly more than stuff we import in Mombasa (80% of it belong to Kenyans). I think we are doing 1m plus containers per annum in Mombasa port and they are doing about 1.5m. I'll re-check. Nigeria is for me a real voodoo economy.

Just on what you quoted.  In fact it appears Naija's budget is smaller than Kenya's.  More like 23 billion USD. http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/index.php/2018-budget?task=document.viewdoc&id=673.  They are heavy on oil revenues.  Either they just suck at tax collection or there is collusion to keep the numbers artificially low.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 08:19:33 PM »
I think one should also consider that the individual Naija states get to generate a decent chunk of their own revenues in the Federal system.  That can push the total public revenues a bit higher than the official Federal Budget would suggest. 

The latest for Lagos(I am sure the largest) is just over 1 billion USD https://lagosstate.gov.ng/blog/2017/12/11/ambode-presents-n1-046trn-y2018-budget-proposal-to-house-of-assembly/

The other states would also have theirs that can go some ways in making up for the shortfall.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 09:15:59 PM »
You'd be suprised that like kenya - majority of that budget  in those federal states are mainly from national budget -23B - all from oil companies. Every state is busy trying to inflate pop figures ala Mandera and Turkana so they can get the 23B oil pie :D...Lagos is one biggest culprit..it's real population is thought to be about half of what they claim. Nigeria is total vodoo. The salary a Nigerian Major earn is less than a Kenyan private. That is why they can't beat Boko Haram.
I think one should also consider that the individual Naija states get to generate a decent chunk of their own revenues in the Federal system.  That can push the total public revenues a bit higher than the official Federal Budget would suggest. 

The latest for Lagos(I am sure the largest) is just over 1 billion USD https://lagosstate.gov.ng/blog/2017/12/11/ambode-presents-n1-046trn-y2018-budget-proposal-to-house-of-assembly/

The other states would also have theirs that can go some ways in making up for the shortfall.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 10:15:16 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.