Author Topic: RIP Miguna Miguna  (Read 19482 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: RIP Miguna Miguna
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2018, 12:10:23 PM »
Miguna is coming back.

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2018, 12:14:06 PM »
I think we should expect the repeat of Miguna Miguna versus Toronto Police case. The case is a now a famous study of how not plead a case.The man sued everyone including the Queen of England and Canada Her Majesty the Queen Elizabeth.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2018, 01:15:45 PM »
Is MM in denial or is selective truth become his mainstay?

Before 2010 (new constitution) one had to renounce their Kenyan citizenship before taking up another citizenship. This is exactly why heros like Onyango Oloo didn't become a Canadian citizen.

MM renounced his Kenyan citizenship to become a Canadian citizen and by the sound of things he didn't follow due process in 2010 in re-applying for Kenyan citizenship. It's illegal to claim dual citizenship without following due process. You can't assume the system will figure it out on its own because you're born Kenyan. That's like saying since Obama's dad is Kenyan, Obama can assume he's entitled to Kenyan citizenship without ever even applying for Kenyan citizenship.

Why did MM renew his Canadian passport if he's so attached to Kenya? Is he ashamed to carry around a Kenyan passport?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2018, 01:22:08 PM »
Precisely. He just need to apply for one - simple form - and he can comeback - and get tried for treason.

Before 2010 (new constitution) one had to renounce their Kenyan citizenship before taking up another citizenship. This is exactly why heros like Onyango Oloo didn't become a Canadian citizen.

MM renounced his Kenyan citizenship to become a Canadian citizen and by the sound of things he didn't follow due process in 2010 in re-applying for Kenyan citizenship. It's illegal to claim dual citizenship without following due process. You can't assume the system will figure it out on its own because you're born Kenyan. That's like saying since Obama's dad is Kenyan, Obama can assume he's entitled to Kenyan citizenship without ever even applying for Kenyan citizenship.

Why did MM renew his Canadian passport if he's so attached to Kenya? Is he ashamed to carry around a Kenyan passport?

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2018, 01:37:40 PM »
Veri, why wouldn't he reapply for his Canadian passport? You clearly haven't had to travel the world with a third-world passport and attendant indignities. I am attached to my home but no way I'm not fully taking advantage of a first world passport the moment I can do that. This world is a very unfair place for Africans, my friend.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2018, 02:27:21 PM »

Wasn't so much renouncing as in automatically losing their citizenship on taking up alternative citizenship.  Countries like Spain and Germany require renunciation.  The UK and Canada do not.

I actually think where someone didn't actively renounce their citizenship then the 2010 constitution by virtue of replacing the dodgy old one re-instated the lost citizenship as it's main function was to put right ills from the old one.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2018, 02:28:12 PM »
Precisely. He just need to apply for one - simple form - and he can comeback - and get tried for treason.

What treason?  Massive electoral fraud IS treason... try them first..

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2018, 02:33:15 PM »

How come a non-Kenyan was cleared to vie for Governor of 047?

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2018, 02:46:23 PM »
I actually think where someone didn't actively renounce their citizenship then the 2010 constitution by virtue of replacing the dodgy old one re-instated the lost citizenship as it's main function was to put right ills from the old one.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2018, 02:55:18 PM »

It's the fact that losing citizenship by virtue was faulty in itself.  How do we have a situation where my children who were born abroad could end up being more Kenyan than I am and I was born in Kenya?  It's preposterous.

Only those that actively renounced either verbally or in writing should reapply.   

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2018, 03:28:51 PM »
Somebody please pull out the Kenya Constitution 2010. All am hearing is what should be, not what actually is. That and the integrity or lack thereof of the players is what matters. Am sure Miguna might take GoK all the way to the Hague.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2018, 04:07:14 PM »

It's the fact that losing citizenship by virtue was faulty in itself.  How do we have a situation where my children who were born abroad could end up being more Kenyan than I am and I was born in Kenya?  It's preposterous.

Only those that actively renounced either verbally or in writing should reapply.   

Somebody clarified

Look at article 14(5)
Former citizens by birth are ENTITLED to citizenship UPON APPLICATION. You can't presume them to be citizens under the new katiba just because they once we're, but should they wish to obtain it, it's their right.

So I know the next course of action is for Miguna to apply for citizenship. He is not a citizen

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2018, 04:08:50 PM »
Maraga wades in

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2018, 05:00:25 PM »
Somebody clarified

Look at article 14(5)
Former citizens by birth are ENTITLED to citizenship UPON APPLICATION. You can't presume them to be citizens under the new katiba just because they once we're, but should they wish to obtain it, it's their right.

So I know the next course of action is for Miguna to apply for citizenship. He is not a citizen

Matiang'i is right then. Miguna was in Kenya illegally or did he have a visa or some permit? - which Matiang'i can cancel. In case he threatens the peace like he has done.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2018, 05:19:57 PM »
Maraga wades in

Maraga lost his mojo October 25th.  The constitution was suspended right under his nose.  He is waking up 3 months late to that fact.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2018, 07:13:05 AM »
Somebody clarified

Look at article 14(5)

Matiang'i is right then. Miguna was in Kenya illegally or did he have a visa or some permit? - which Matiang'i can cancel. In case he threatens the peace like he has done.
14(5)
(5) A person who is a Kenyan citizen by birth and who, on the effective date, has ceased to be a Kenyan citizen because the person acquired citizenship of another country, is entitled on application to regain Kenyan citizenship.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2018, 08:12:26 AM »
He is not broken

That is the best news

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2018, 09:11:13 AM »
I'm just glad MM is safe.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2018, 11:44:32 AM »
Miguna is an illegal alien inciting violence and insurrection against a host government. The application needs approval by the same government. Tough luck.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2018, 11:50:24 AM »
The Miguna Miguna extradition /deportation saga reminds me of one Sheikh Khalid Balala in the 90's. The Nyayo regime couldn't allow him to disembark from a Lufthansa flight from Germany at MIA, Msa. The airplane had to leave with Balala onboard back to Germany coz ostensibly, the then fiery IPK leader wasn't a Kenyan :D

For those who love history and my fellow Kenyans of convenient short memory , welcome to Mombasa and greet Sheikh Khalid Balala anywhere along Digo Rd,.where he strolls freely as a Kenyan citizen with all the glamour,rights and confidence (Kanyanga nchi yako kwa nguvu Na Raha, hilo ndilo hakikisho ya Rais wetu(Jomo))so the song goes!
Ukistajabu ya Balala bado utayaona ya Miguna Miguna!!!