Author Topic: Countdown to Genocide  (Read 11514 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Countdown to Genocide
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2018, 12:39:55 AM »
If they don't end up in prison or wind up dead that is - I think MaDVD and Kanu soft boys knows what Gov hard power can do  to people. They've been there and know that. Engaging in treasonous activities is not a joke...last time Raila ended up 9yrs in Kamiti. This time coz of old age & politics they may use other means to drive the point home but for Miguna, Ndii & Joho - they won't get the free pass.
Madvd n the other soft Kanu boys stopped the first swearing in: that is at least clear. They went to presser n RAO was a no show. Yesterday he went ahead and they were a no show. I think Joho, Magaya and even, I hate to say it, Miguna, are the benefeciaries of Raila's clout should he no longer be a factor. People supporting him will not follow any of the principals after this. They'll follow Joho.
Actually, I think it's the other way around. KANU soft boys "play" politics: they have never actually suffered due to politics and are unwilling to start now. Look at Madvd's smooth face and soft body :D That dude probably has never even been held up in a queue for more than a few hours leave alone detained or tortured. The Ndiis, Migunas and RAO himself, are different. It's the same with Uhuru and Ruto. Ruto probably would be willing to risk danger but Uhuru is a soft cerelac baby. He and Madvd probably went to the same nursery school and sang singing games together. Even that Naivasha business was not of his making, alipelekwa na "wazee" and he went with the flow without even seriously contemplating what was going on. I'll give him one point over Madvd in that at least he has faced a real threat to him in the name of ICC. I don't think Madvd has ever even experienced a delayed flight. :D

I think they are the "moderating" influence on NASA.  Putting the breaks on what could possibly be something much further afoot.  I would not be surprised if behind the scenes they are trying to secure some plum positions with the jubilant rogue regime.

I am not sure how much Raila needs them.  I believe he could definitely go over the heads of Weta and MDVD and secure western all by himself.  In Eastern he might still need to rely on the tribal chieftains.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2018, 06:29:36 AM »
unfortunately Ouru has nothing to offer them and that is why they will have to stay in NASA. Raila seems to think he still need the and we will probably find out why.  The radicals pushed Raila hard to swear despite the breaks that they tried to apply.  Gauging by the rousing  reception Raila received at Yvonne Wamalwa's funeral, the swearing in is a big hit. It has elevated the radicals in NASA and left the moderates scrambling for relevance.

If they don't end up in prison or wind up dead that is - I think MaDVD and Kanu soft boys knows what Gov hard power can do  to people. They've been there and know that. Engaging in treasonous activities is not a joke...last time Raila ended up 9yrs in Kamiti. This time coz of old age & politics they may use other means to drive the point home but for Miguna, Ndii & Joho - they won't get the free pass.
Madvd n the other soft Kanu boys stopped the first swearing in: that is at least clear. They went to presser n RAO was a no show. Yesterday he went ahead and they were a no show. I think Joho, Magaya and even, I hate to say it, Miguna, are the benefeciaries of Raila's clout should he no longer be a factor. People supporting him will not follow any of the principals after this. They'll follow Joho.
Actually, I think it's the other way around. KANU soft boys "play" politics: they have never actually suffered due to politics and are unwilling to start now. Look at Madvd's smooth face and soft body :D That dude probably has never even been held up in a queue for more than a few hours leave alone detained or tortured. The Ndiis, Migunas and RAO himself, are different. It's the same with Uhuru and Ruto. Ruto probably would be willing to risk danger but Uhuru is a soft cerelac baby. He and Madvd probably went to the same nursery school and sang singing games together. Even that Naivasha business was not of his making, alipelekwa na "wazee" and he went with the flow without even seriously contemplating what was going on. I'll give him one point over Madvd in that at least he has faced a real threat to him in the name of ICC. I don't think Madvd has ever even experienced a delayed flight. :D

I think they are the "moderating" influence on NASA.  Putting the breaks on what could possibly be something much further afoot.  I would not be surprised if behind the scenes they are trying to secure some plum positions with the jubilant rogue regime.

I am not sure how much Raila needs them.  I believe he could definitely go over the heads of Weta and MDVD and secure western all by himself.  In Eastern he might still need to rely on the tribal chieftains.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2018, 08:25:46 AM »

Rule of law is easier to enforce now with the autonomous judiciary. The High Court just ordered CA to restore media airwaves pending a full hearing of their alleged security breaches. Kajwang and those arrested have rights of the accused against the state. We are better than before.
Yeah, I was with you until "autonomous judiciary". I suppose you have forgotten the events of 25th October.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2018, 08:44:23 AM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2018, 08:52:11 AM »

To fully consolidate Western, Babu would need a Western running mate. But that would really paint NASA /ODM as a regional outfit.

If he attempted to do this minus the page boys, he would lose anything up to 30% of his previous performance there, and all this may end up in Jubilee or elsewhere.

Let's just say if Jubilee remains intact, Babu can't afford to lose nothing from the Western, and that's probably why he clings to these sellouts
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2018, 08:55:31 AM »
unfortunately Ouru has nothing to offer them and that is why they will have to stay in NASA. Raila seems to think he still need the and we will probably find out why.  The radicals pushed Raila hard to swear despite the breaks that they tried to apply.  Gauging by the rousing  reception Raila received at Yvonne Wamalwa's funeral, the swearing in is a big hit. It has elevated the radicals in NASA and left the moderates scrambling for relevance.

The only radicals elevated by the swearing in are Luos who will develop an even greater sense of entitlement than anybody else who never participated.

How this 'helps' opposition when they are already whining about Luo domination is hard to miss

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2018, 08:57:39 AM »
 John Kerry tried that bullshit too Kenya n's trolled him till he had to apologize and just like that sank his 2020 presidential bid. I doubt he still on twitter.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2018, 08:59:43 AM »
John Kerry tried that bullshit too Kenya n's trolled him till he had to apologize and just like that sank his 2020 presidential bid. I doubt he still on twitter.

There is negligible to zero sympathy for Babu antics outside our borders. That's the point.

Makes his job twice as hard

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2018, 10:45:43 AM »
Now Kibra is lit because of Miguna Miguna

• Enigma
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2018, 06:36:31 PM »

They want to nudge Kenya ever so slightly the way of Kagame.  Kamwana has promised Kenya will continue to provide cannon fodder in Somalia and similar nonsense that the US sees as Kenya's only value.  It's harder for Raila.  But it's not going to be easy for kamwana.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2018, 10:16:15 PM »

Rule of law is easier to enforce now with the autonomous judiciary. The High Court just ordered CA to restore media airwaves pending a full hearing of their alleged security breaches. Kajwang and those arrested have rights of the accused against the state. We are better than before.
Yeah, I was with you until "autonomous judiciary". I suppose you have forgotten the events of 25th October.

You're right. I see Matiang'i has refused to switch on the rebel airwaves. What I admire about the liberal western democracies is the strict adherence to the law - Trump has to re-issue his travel bans and criticizes "judicial overreach" but dares not defy the courts. In the East - China, Russia, etc - the state is the law. No charade. Our infant democracy is just pretend rule of law. Are we a democracy or a dictatorship? Hatuna msimamo.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2018, 07:28:44 AM »
A fledgling democracy like ours needs leaders who are committed to democracy and the rule of law.  This is what we are fighting for and I am surprised you just discovered that.  If they can commit murder just to steal an election, do you think they really care about the rule of law.  Ouru only sings about the rule of law when it serves his purposes.  We cannot even start to talk about "development" before we restore democracy and the rule of law.

You're right. I see Matiang'i has refused to switch on the rebel airwaves. What I admire about the liberal western democracies is the strict adherence to the law - Trump has to re-issue his travel bans and criticizes "judicial overreach" but dares not defy the courts. In the East - China, Russia, etc - the state is the law. No charade. Our infant democracy is just pretend rule of law. Are we a democracy or a dictatorship? Hatuna msimamo.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2018, 05:47:48 PM »
Meanwhile
Miguna has been touring all the stations in Kiambu

From Githunguri to Lari

• Enigma
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2018, 06:44:08 PM »
Meanwhile

From Githunguri to Lari

All after he was released on bail.  I continue to be amused when folks including Muricans dealing with their own wrecking ball in the White House talk of respecting the constitution.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2018, 09:21:54 PM »
Meanwhile

From Githunguri to Lari

All after he was released on bail.  I continue to be amused when folks including Muricans dealing with their own wrecking ball in the White House talk of respecting the constitution.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2018, 10:45:39 PM »
Meanwhile

From Githunguri to Lari

who often conflate their love for him with patriotism)
To the world at large, Uhunye was rightly elected in October 26th.

This is very true. Not to say Jubilee fans are any different. "Follow the constitution" means follow Uhuru. Save for the violence, in the larger scheme of things, what is happening in Kenya is good for democracy. Sadly our peanut economy cannot stand this level of political activism. We are back to the 90s.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2018, 08:57:03 AM »
Meanwhile

From Githunguri to Lari

who often conflate their love for him with patriotism)
To the world at large, Uhunye was rightly elected in October 26th.

This is very true. Not to say Jubilee fans are any different. "Follow the constitution" means follow Uhuru. Save for the violence, in the larger scheme of things, what is happening in Kenya is good for democracy. Sadly our peanut economy cannot stand this level of political activism. We are back to the 90s.

Robina, you have bought into the Jubilee argument that the economy comes first.  Our argument is that you cannot have consequential/transformative growth in the economy/development in a dictatorship and a country fractured by politics of tribalism, corruption and impunity. Shutting down the Media, disobeying court order to release Miguna, and other such egoistic and arrogant dictatorial heavy handedness will never grow the economy.  Ruto still believes he can ride NASA out and ran for a "normal" elections where in his mind NASA will have a candidate, Pundit would come up with a MOAS showing Ruto far ahead, and then all will be well. Now that is wishful thinking. Unless the political manenos are resolved, there will be no economic growth and NASA will not participate in another fake elections.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2018, 09:29:40 AM »
Kichwa continues in his make-belief world. I am glad you've given up kenya politics is non tribal bla de bla that you normally sing. Now dream on as Uhuru finishes is five, Ruto wins 2022 and does his ten.
Robina, you have bought into the Jubilee argument that the economy comes first.  Our argument is that you cannot have consequential/transformative growth in the economy/development in a dictatorship and a country fractured by politics of tribalism, corruption and impunity. Shutting down the Media, disobeying court order to release Miguna, and other such egoistic and arrogant dictatorial heavy handedness will never grow the economy.  Ruto still believes he can ride NASA out and ran for a "normal" elections where in his mind NASA will have a candidate, Pundit would come up with a MOAS showing Ruto far ahead, and then all will be well. Now that is wishful thinking. Unless the political manenos are resolved, there will be no economic growth and NASA will not participate in another fake elections.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2018, 12:37:15 PM »
Kichwa is my favorite excellent debater just like Omollo. Kichwa will convince you - in flawless Ivy English - that there is no gravity - the gods must be crazy. It's a small detail that Jubilee has 50%+ of the Kenyan vote - MPs, the senate, counties - this is irrelevant and does not give Ruto any mileage. As soon as you "reform" the IEBC you will see that ODM was all along the true winner. This reform is inevitable and imminent and Ruto should in fact just forget about the presidency.

Except that REALITY doesn't back him up.

Kichwa continues in his make-belief world. I am glad you've given up kenya politics is non tribal bla de bla that you normally sing. Now dream on as Uhuru finishes is five, Ruto wins 2022 and does his ten.