Author Topic: Kababe and Other Evolutionists - Please Help Your Friends  (Read 10231 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Kababe and Other Evolutionists - Please Help Your Friends
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2014, 04:12:41 PM »
I was drawn by the mention of the length of day.  This has been getting longer with the passage of time.  In tandem with the increasing distance between the earth and the moon.  I can look up figures if anyone is interested.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline TheDayTheDollarDies

• VIP
  • Regular
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2014, 04:54:44 PM »
I was drawn by the mention of the length of day.  This has been getting longer with the passage of time.  In tandem with the increasing distance between the earth and the moon.  I can look up figures if anyone is interested.

Please do

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2014, 05:01:52 PM »
Another thing, KD, Do you believe that snakes talk? Actually have conversations with women about fruit, trees, wisdom and death? There was nothing in Genesis about God taking away this lofty gift, so maybe the snakes we have today are just pretending when humans are around and when we are not there they yap like no one's business? :zen: In the story of the fall, Eve was not at all surprised that the snake was having a conversation with her. :o In fact, that story if you read it literally, is actually NOT talking about the devil AT ALL. It is talking about the animal we call a snake, hence there's nothing at all like "it was possessed", or even "it was Satan in disguise". Genesis says it was the craftiest of all the wild animals, and in God's curse, he curses the animal "above all livestock and wild animals" and not Satan anywhere.

Hence, we have God physically walking, so that the "sound" of his steps are heard by human ears; we have God engaging in physical mechanisms like breathing; We have a snake that is quite crafty, intelligent, complete with free will. I mean, this snake is positively a spiritual creature by any and all accounts :D; So much cleverer is it than human beings, it actually convinces them into a rebellion; God punishes the snake by making it crawl and eating "dust" (Which snake "eats" dust?) etc etc etc. Anyone who insists that reading this literally as opposed to symbolically is the best way to understand it, and then tries to "condemn" me for a wrong interpretation...I just don't get. Hayo tu! :D
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2014, 05:07:35 PM »

Please do
Every century the length of earth's rotation increases by 2.3 milliseconds.  Yesterday was shorter than today. 
Currently the secular change in the rotation rate increases the length of day by some 2.3 milliseconds per day per century.
http://bowie.gsfc.nasa.gov/ggfc/tides/intro.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2014, 05:09:11 PM »
That's because the universe is expanding. Think of a dough baking in an oven.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Who was the serpent?
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2014, 05:13:56 PM »
http://creation.com/who-was-the-serpent

Prominent in NT and not Torah.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
Re: Who was the serpent?
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2014, 05:18:05 PM »
http://creation.com/who-was-the-serpent

Prominent in NT and not Torah.
Their reading still has problems. WHY did God punish the snake and not Satan? It also implies that Eve was a bit of a dunder-head...shouldn't she have been a tad surprised when the snake started behaving (and sounding) like something other than a snake? Plus Genesis itself says that the serpent was the craftiest of all the animals that God had made. It clearly is not talking about an "agent" in another's hand.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2014, 05:23:08 PM »
The serpent is the accuser aka satan.

• VIP
  • Regular
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2014, 05:24:34 PM »
KD, this time, I'll be brief because after reading your response, I've concluded that our premises are TOTALLY different, and our aim for debating here may be totally different. 

First, if you can "twist" my "What if" questions so that you can conclude that I'm setting up a dogma, then it's impossible that you would understand me on ANYTHING ELSE.

Secondly, you say that God could only take a human form once? What about the the "Fire form" How many times should he take that ? Now that it seems you are bent on telling God HOW he should do what he wants to do? How many times should he appear in thunder form? How many times should he appear in a burning bush? What about a still small voice? Do the scholars have an opinion on that?

Lastly, I think your conclusion and acceptance that you rely on scholars to do what the Holy Spirit should do sums it all up. It is not a wonder then you are willing to accept the doctrine of bread turning into body, even if a scientist would tell you in  a council that THAT IS NOT BLOOD AND MEAT and even if your own mouth did, simply because Catholicism states it IS SO.

But where Catholicism doesn't have a firm position, you will go ahead and audit the word of God based on Science and even throw a hint by saying the Genesis 1 and 2 were "Oral Jewish Traditions" (which seems to be a holier version pundits "Jewish Myths".) All along, I thought it is established that It is the Infallible word of God. It is telling that you didn't bother to answer whether these "Oral Jewish Traditions" "With different styles" are God's word.

All in all, peace. But wisdom is Justified of all her children - Luke 7:35

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2014, 05:36:35 PM »
Lastly, I think your conclusion and acceptance that you rely on scholars to do what the Holy Spirit should do sums it all up. It is not a wonder then you are willing to accept the doctrine of bread turning into body, even if a scientist would tell you in  a council that THAT IS NOT BLOOD AND MEAT and even if your own mouth did, simply because Catholicism states it IS SO.
I thought you wanted me to believe in God/the Bible and not science. You are telling me to believe in "THIS IS NOT BLOOD AND MEAT" when Jesus said "THIS IS MY BODY. THIS IS MY BLOOD"...Why are you now asking me to believe in the scientists and not Jesus? :D

All in all, peace. But wisdom is Justified of all her children - Luke 7:35
Peace to you too, KaDude.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2014, 05:38:59 PM »
Kadame, are you Christian or Jewish? I'm getting a hint of both...

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2014, 05:44:16 PM »
Kadame, are you Christian or Jewish? I'm getting a hint of both...
My dear, I am very much a Catholic. :D I wanted to be Jewish back in High-School (Muslim too, at some point) but ultimately for me, Christ's divinity is the clincher. When you read the History and discussion of early Christianity and Christian scriptures (A good deal of which are Jewish), you cannot help but discuss the Jews. There's no Christianity without the Hebrews. Remember, for a number of years after Christ's death, the early church was entirely Jewish until st Peter was told by God to let the Gentiles into the church. It's impossible in a discussion on Genesis and even on Jesus' own sayings, to disregard old Judaism, because old Judaism was the context of these sayings and writings.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2014, 05:55:29 PM »
Muslim? Wow, you've pondered a lot about your faith.

I get the impression you know christianity intelligently. I'm not so sure whether experience spiritually... tends to be the case in catholicism. When I involve in exorcisms, I do things priests can not. Why? My heart is with the Lord, I see the spirit world. You won't believe my stories. What I have seen, what I have done. I'd say more than 70% of my life has been in the spirit realm. Doesn't matter from the Vatican to secret societies. This is something I don't think can be learnt.

From my understanding, St Peter gave rise to Orthodox traditions, he only welcomed the Jews. His Jewish puritan views today sit well with Jewish Kabbalah. Paul was not one of the disciples. Saul killed christians then became Paul. He preached to the Romans, to anyone, hence Catholicism.

• VIP
  • Regular
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2014, 06:00:05 PM »
bb