Author Topic: Zimbabwe will appreciate Mugabe for claiming land from white settler  (Read 4629 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Zimbabwe will appreciate Mugabe for claiming land from white settler
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2017, 10:50:05 PM »
No the poor African does not deserve the land to forage. I recommend a good state-served education. Afforded by the excellent tax-paying farmer. If schooling does not uplift him sorry he shouldn't get to subdivide the land. It's for his own good. In any case there is massive acreage unocccupied which he will not convert into useful farmland while hankering for what is already taken. The sustaibable economy is much more useful than the temporary humanitarianism. Those white farmers are the reason SA is not a food begger.

Can you draw a parallel to Kenya? Those herders invading the ranches and acting like it only rains at the ranch. The massive lands outside the ranch they overwhelm with the large herds of cattle then act so righteous and bereaved. Give them the ranch and there would be nothing in a short while. Bye bye to the tourism too. The reason for the herders' suffering is their own backwardness not "historical injustice". This applies to the massive desert that is the entire Ukambani, the upper coast and NFD.

Robina..two things..one historical injustice..and secondly majority poor people without skills best bet is farming...farming require few skills.Rich South African farmers can move elsewhere.Dutch are great farmers running nearly all serious farming worldwide and south africa are lucky due to that dutch connection....but surely the poor desperate south african deserve land to forage on.

Agreed!!!
Asians number in the billions, yet i rarely see them beg for food. Reason- those people have mastered the art of food production. Go to Korea and you'll appreciate their tea, veggies, legumes, etc. They grow every thing, unlike Sub Saharan Africans who depend on one crop-Maize and beans.
Leave land to people who know what to do with it. SA whites know how to farm, let them be farmers.
As for Kenya, Every county needs a land use planning board to manage this meager resource.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2017, 01:47:18 AM »
Agreed!!!
Asians number in the billions, yet i rarely see them beg for food. Reason- those people have mastered the art of food production. Go to Korea and you'll appreciate their tea, veggies, legumes, etc. They grow every thing, unlike Sub Saharan Africans who depend on one crop-Maize and beans.
Leave land to people who know what to do with it. SA whites know how to farm, let them be farmers.
As for Kenya, Every county needs a land use planning board to manage this meager resource.

There is an important "psychological" element in all of this; and to the extent that that is so, I am in favour of the natives having more of their land.   It is always far, far better to starve on one's own land than to get sustenance from land stolen by those bad people.   Unless, of course, one is actually starving. Or dying.  And forced to beg for food  from the people who returned the land to its owners.   

By all means, return the land to the natives.  An absolute "must".  But the natives then have to fend for themselves.   It is absurd and totally lacking in self-respect---and I am astonished that many more don't find it seriously humiliating---to insist on "mzungu, give us back our land!" and then follow it with an annual "mzungu, come here quick!, drought or whatever!,  urgent aid please!".   50+ years. Nations of jokers.

We need to get serious about feeding ourselves.   The near-annual "international community, saidia please!" does not reflect any seriousness.   Nor do taxpayer-funded jokes like Galana, where there is certainly plenty of "eating", but not of food.

Want to be like The Netherlands?   Excellent.   An admirable goal, if one is cognizant of the reality.   Excluding numerous other helpful elements---such as the number of major "agro"-industry players who have been persuaded to set up camp there---consider this: the place has a whole university whose entire business is around the production of food.   They even have generous scholarships for people who want to help Africans feed themselves.   Kenya?  Working hard on B.A. (Hons) from Above-Bar University (2nd Floor, Room 14). Hustling.  Nailing sponsorship.    Man wakes up one morning, decides he is a "Dr" and "Prof", opens the Fort Hall of Fuck-All, and he actually has people lining up to part with good money!   And all over the country, everyone is jerking off about the "national genius"!  A real and exemplary hustler, I suppose.  And at the top: on the one side, a booze-fiend with a total-thief for sidekick.   On the other side, a motley crew that can't plan/project-manage its way out of a wet paper-bag.   With little prospect of change.

50+ years of Free, Independent, and Equal.  Indeed. Still, time to move from can-might-will-maybe-whatever.   Just do it!

Yes, I know.   That wasn't exactly the warm fuzzies.   I should conclude on a positive note.    Here, it is: Remember the kienyeji stuff your grandmother made from the local leaves whenever you had malaria or whatever?   Nasty and bitter, but it worked; and, yes, you took it voluntarily.    Kenyans need a serious wake-up call, and the next few years of nasty-and-bitter will help to that end.  "The selfish and bastards! Always out for only themselves!   We'll throw them out in 2022!".  You know how it goes.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2017, 07:34:18 AM »
There is nothing wrong with importing some food...wheat for example just doesnt do good in tropics while Asians produce dirty cheap rice.The problem is lack of money or poverty
..not food.The people affected live in ASAL region.If white farmers are prolific let them go to Ukambani or Turkana and farm...but leave arable land to Africans.Nobody has begged for food in former white highlands of kenya.On the contrary kenya moved to major global player in coffee,tea,diary and horticuluture by practising small holder farming in those former white farms .We certainly produce more maize than Brits did here...but of course demand from pop pressure exceed that production.You can look up the map and realize why brits farmers didnt farm in Northern kenya but chose to appropriate forcefully only the arable land.The same applies in RSA.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2017, 07:56:07 PM »
It looks like one thing these Zimbabweans appreciate about Mugabe is his imminent exit.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2017, 01:08:05 PM »
Land ownership is the perfect gateway out of poverty. Taiwan did it.
I would rather be a subsistence farmers on Delamere or Kakuzi land, than be a slum dweller in Kiandutu or Kibera. With cheap fertilizer agricultural productivity is easily doubled if not tripled.

Even these slums once people get the title deeds they will be able to develop their plots. Kihiu Mwiri is now booming!

The Galana and Laikipia ranches were meant to be buffer zones between farming and pastoralists communities in times of drought, so those few wazungus have not had the last of this. It is even crazy to think you  can have 10,000, 20,000 acres and live peacefully in some of these jungles.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2017, 01:37:02 PM »
Land ownership is the perfect gateway out of poverty. Taiwan did it.
I would rather be a subsistence farmers on Delamere or Kakuzi land, than be a slum dweller in Kiandutu or Kibera. With cheap fertilizer agricultural productivity is easily doubled if not tripled.

Even these slums once people get the title deeds they will be able to develop their plots. Kihiu Mwiri is now booming!

Have you actually visited Delamere? It is a well-run irrigation scheme. The rest of the peasants in Naivasha are dirt poor. Naivasha is a dry rock. This is what I mean - the peasants in the neighborhood will have you believe there is some favoritism that causes the greenery at the Delamere ranch while the stretch to Gilgil is a steaming desert.

The Galana and Laikipia ranches were meant to be buffer zones between farming and pastoralists communities in times of drought, so those few wazungus have not had the last of this. It is even crazy to think you  can have 10,000, 20,000 acres and live peacefully in some of these jungles.

Outside the Laikipia ranches - Baringo, Isiolo, Samburu, etc - this is vast acreage that is scorched dry. There is no magic grass or rain on the ranches that causes them to be invaded. Just the absence of large herds of cattle there. Kicking out the mzungu and his horses and castles will simply extend the desert. Desert and famine is not caused by a few mzungu ranches. These are rich boys who make their money elsewhere and retire to the castle on weekend. If mzungu left Laikipia and moved to Marsabit - and open ranches there - you would soon hear all kind of nonsense about how he caused drought there - while his horses feed on magical grass at the ranch :o
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2017, 02:13:41 PM »
If you look at the google maps you will see that once the rivers/streams get into Delamere very little volume of water gets out on the other end.
Walking around Gatundu, Kilifi and Kisii you see small scale pineapple farming doing quite well. It is worth noting Kenya Canners was started to be buying pineapples from small scale farmers only to turn into an irrigation farm , refuse to buy from the small scale farmers and lobbied to end support for the same small scale farmers by the government. Kenya Canners was built on teh back of hut tax and sweat of the same landless farmers.

Hidden behind the emotional subject of historical, is the economic reality the argument of whether the land and water resources should benefit foreigners just because they employ a few or just because they are bringing dollars. As was in the case in Zimbabwe does it make sense to use your land and water resources to grow tobacco and vegetable for Londoners while the Zimbaweans are hungry. Zimbabwe is now having surplus grain harvest, I saw Mugabe appeal to the guys to ensure they harvest and get back to the shamba 8)
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2017, 02:20:08 PM »
Total agree. And beside they are many small holders doing irrigation in small scale..however when you scale it up...it make a joke of delamares or galanas...that is why I am see Shirlif and Davis(sp) opening branch everywhere selling small scale irrigation.

SMALL HOLDING FARM is the future and reality for Africa -

If you look at the google maps you will see that once the rivers/streams get into Delamere very little volume of water gets out on the other end.
Walking around Gatundu, Kilifi and Kisii you see small scale pineapple farming doing quite well. It is worth noting Kenya Canners was started to be buying pineapples from small scale farmers only to turn into an irrigation farm , refuse to buy from the small scale farmers and lobbied to end support for the same small scale farmers by the government. Kenya Canners was built on teh back of hut tax and sweat of the same landless farmers.

Hidden behind the emotional subject of historical, is the economic reality the argument of whether the land and water resources should benefit foreigners just because they employ a few or just because they are bringing dollars. As was in the case in Zimbabwe does it make sense to use your land and water resources to grow tobacco and vegetable for Londoners while the Zimbaweans are hungry. Zimbabwe is now having surplus grain harvest, I saw Mugabe appeal to the guys to ensure they harvest and get back to the shamba 8)