Author Topic: Vooke who will help Njue now?  (Read 37774 times)

Offline Nuff Sed

• VIP
  • Regular
Vooke who will help Njue now?
« on: September 24, 2014, 11:22:37 AM »
http://trendingnewsroom.com/readfeed/238608/qa/catholics-will-never-support-raila-odinga-s-referendum-njue-tells-uhuruto

http://trendingnewsroom.com/readfeed/238608/qa/catholics-will-never-support-raila-odinga-s-referendum-njue-tells-uhuruto#sthash.nG7Llvrv.dpuf

Star was more polite.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201408140786.html

Offline Nuff Sed

• VIP
  • Regular
Re: Vooke who will help Njue now?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 11:26:37 AM »

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 11:32:07 AM »
GEMA after trying to use others to help them beat off Pesa Mashinani has no alternative but to come out in the open.

Njue will divide his church and lose whatever authority he had - after all the cons and thievery he has publicly committed. Akorinos are GEMA damu and nothing is lost there.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Nuff Sed

• VIP
  • Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 12:03:24 PM »
We can excuse Wakorintho for now. Njue is caught between church, state and Mammon. Not an easy choice I can imagine. I wonder what Kababy thinks of this.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 12:05:39 PM »
This is too much! :angry: How exactly does he claim the church has a position on this? In Kenya the spokesman for the Catholic Church is the Episcopal Conference of Kenyan Bishops, NOT cardinal Njue.  Why cant he follow in the footseps of his predecessors cardinal Otunga and former Archbishop Ndingi? I sense he is going to force the other Bishops to come out and contradict him again like he forced them to do in 2007.
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline Nuff Sed

• VIP
  • Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 12:08:34 PM »
Walala. Kwani papa hasn't devolved infallibility to cardinals? What happens when a cardinal errs? And what sould njaruo Cathoricks do now assuming they are pro-reflendam?

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 12:14:04 PM »
Walala. Kwani papa hasn't devolved infallibility to cardinals? What happens when a cardinal errs? And what sould njaruo Cathoricks do now assuming they are pro-reflendam?
This has nothing to do with infallibility. What are you smoking? Cardinal is airing his private opinions, to which he is entitled like any other catholic. My beef with him is that either he (or the press) is making it sound as if it is the church speaking. The same thing happened in 2007 and other Bishops had to correct the statements and say those were Cardinals's thoughts. I just wish he would make that clear when he speaks. Better still, I wish he'd keep such opinions to his friends and not the public. Why bring unnecessary divisions into the church? There's no "erring" here, it is his view. I'm sure other Bishops disagree.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 12:38:11 PM »
I have serious issues with Njue. I have never found him an honest arbiter in matters of conflict. I have seen him more as I think he sees himself: A defender of GEMA interests per se.

His many financial scandals and excesses have set me against him in a way that frightens me at times. I have always respected the Catholic Church as opposed to the confusion one finds in the Evangelical movements. However the death of Otunga and retirement of Mwana Nzeki led the Catholic Church to a monumental disaster in this man Njue. The damage he has wrought would take years to be corrected.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 12:46:35 PM »
Omorlo is one Jarluo I rarely agrees with but on this one he is dead right.

Nuff Sed, I once sat through another Jarluo pastor, Pastor Ken Roche/Yapha of Chrisco. He preached for 15 straight weeks on Hope FM over ABRAHAMIC CALL. He tackled tribalism like I have never heard before. He observed that the church is yet to conquer tribalism and he offered a simple proof; the majority ethnicity of ANY church is almost without fail that of the pastor especially in cosmopolitan areas

So Njue, a potential Pope is not only a dyed-in-the-wool Okoyu shrub master, he probably believes Jesus was crucified on a Mugumo cross :o
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 12:50:20 PM »
See, it is this kind of thing I am talking about....Who are these Catholics the Cardinal is talking about? Huh?? He said a similar thing in 2007, something like "We as the Catholic Church are against majimbo because it is dangerous for the country." Only for the Archbishops of Mombasa, Kisumu and Eldoret to contradict him the very next day, and quite rightly, because it was false that "We as the Catholic Church are opposed to majimbo". From my view-point, cardinal seems to be willing to hurt the church for the sake of his tribe. That seems wrong to me. Maybe it is not so and I am not God, so I cannot tell but at the very least this is highly imprudent, just like 2007. How come Bishop Korir never supports Ruto or Ruto's positions? Never heard of the other Archbishops in Mombasa and Kisumu take on positions aligned with their tribes. They tend to steer from politics. When Archbishop Ndingi and the late Cardinal Otunga ventered into politics, it was usually to tell off the government where injustices were being committed. Hii styro ya Njue ni ingine tu...asii!

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 12:57:53 PM »
Nuff Sed, I once sat through another Jarluo pastor, Pastor Ken Roche/Yapha of Chrisco. He preached for 15 straight weeks on Hope FM over ABRAHAMIC CALL. He tackled tribalism like I have never heard before. He observed that the church is yet to conquer tribalism and he offered a simple proof; the majority ethnicity of ANY church is almost without fail that of the pastor especially in cosmopolitan areas
The Catholic church is not dominated by any tribe in Kenya though. It's in every part of the country, hata Garsen and Somali borders. All the more reason for the most visible leader not to indulge in typical Kenyan ethnic partisanship.

Offline Nuff Sed

• VIP
  • Regular
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 01:02:17 PM »
I kind of sympathize with Njue. First he is beholden to his tribe. In his philosophy the pecking order reads like nyumba, Mammon, Pope, church and Kenya ranks a distant tenth. I would not be surprised if he thinks he is an infallible suspecter of the pope. His dilemma is complicated even more when you consider that in catholicism there is virtually no difference between church, state and Mammon. To ask him to specify that its his opinion is like asking a camel to fly through the eye of a needle.

More bishops should preach against tribe.

Offline Nuff Sed

• VIP
  • Regular
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 01:04:02 PM »
True. Catholics are everywhere. I was surprised to read that some catholic wariahes killed a priest in Garissa or was it Isiolo? The court case ran for years.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 01:08:21 PM »
I kind of sympathize with Njue. First he is beholden to his tribe. In his philosophy the pecking order reads like nyumba, Mammon, Pope, church and Kenya ranks a distant tenth. I would not be surprised if he thinks he is an infallible suspecter of the pope. His dilemma is complicated even more when you consider that in catholicism there is virtually no difference between church, state and Mammon. To ask him to specify that its his opinion is like asking a camel to fly through the eye of a needle.

Nuff sed, please stop this: pretending to know what you are talking about and then going on to type falsehoods. I am against people who deliberately misrepresent other peoples positions to suit their own prejudices. You are now finding a way to blame Njue's tribalism on Catholicism, as if the reason Cardinal is tribal is that he is a catholic. Well, news falsh! He aint the only catholic, priest, Bishop or cardinal. So what nonsense is that? Hiyo ni tabia mbovu. Learn to act like the Christian you profess to be and tell simple truths  8)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 01:17:17 PM »
The same can be said of any sect or denomination. And if it did, it would prove nothing. Churches basically follow missionaries enthusiasm. Wherever they focused, negroes adopted. PCEA is a major sect in Central I hear, SDA has a significant presence in Nyanza and AIC is IT in RV

The Catholic church is not dominated by any tribe in Kenya though. It's in every part of the country, hata Garsen and Somali borders. All the more reason for the most visible leader not to indulge in typical Kenyan ethnic partisanship.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 01:24:55 PM »
The same can be said of any sect or denomination. And if it did, it would prove nothing. Churches basically follow missionaries enthusiasm. Wherever they focused, negroes adopted. PCEA is a major sect in Central I hear, SDA has a significant presence in Nyanza and AIC is IT in RV

You are the one who claimed ethnicity of the church can be told from the ethnicity of the pastor. You said that in support of the points made on this thread regarding Cardinal Njue. I am simply pointing out to you that that is not the case regarding the catholic Church. You cannot tell the ethnicity of membership by finding out which tribe the priest or Bishop belongs to. The two are unrelated.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 01:27:18 PM »
.... when you consider that in catholicism there is virtually no difference between church, state and Mammon. To ask him to specify that its his opinion is like asking a camel to fly through the eye of a needle.

:D

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 01:31:27 PM »
Did you read the word cosmopolitan somewhere? That means I was talking of branches not sects
Why do I suspect Nuff Sed is trying to score cheap points by hitting at Catholicism? Njue is clearly an idiot but what has Catholicism got to do with it?

You are the one who claimed ethnicity of the church can be told from the ethnicity of the pastor. You said that in support of the points made on this thread regarding Cardinal Njue. I am simply pointing out to you that that is not the case regarding the catholic Church. You cannot tell the ethnicity of membership by finding out which tribe the priest or Bishop belongs to. The two are unrelated.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 03:33:04 PM »
Well, even in the city, you cannot tell the ethnic membership of a catholic parish by investigating the ethnicity of its priest. My current priest from home (Nai) is a Kikuyu, but before him, 3 years ago, it was a Hutu who could not speak English; only French and Swahili, before then it was a Southern Indian. Membership depends more on area of residence than the priest. The parish will reflect the ethnic picture of the area it's situated. In Nairobi, this means parishes are always ethnically diverse.

With regard to Cardinal, sometime I wonder if he ever moved around alot? I think he was a Bishop/priest around Central most of his life. He seems to conflate the opinions of his former Gema flock with that of Catholics in Kenya. In any case, the Cardinal is Archbishop only of Nairobi Archdiocese. He cannot possibly claim to speak for the flock of other Bishops, hiyo ni uchokozi. Cardinal is my own Bishop since my home parish is in Nairobi and I have a duty to respect him and obey him in matters of faith and morals and church disciplines but this is not one such matter. If the church has a position, it will come from the conference of Bishops which alone has the authority to speak for the church in Kenya. Even that conference can only ask Catholics to take certain positions where they directly involve matters of our faith and morals, not just what they think is the "best" political decision in a certain question.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2014, 03:43:26 PM »

What does this man take Kenyans for? So much for separation of church and state. #someonepleasetellcardinalnjuetoshut the hellup.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi