Author Topic: This is what i am fighting for - A better system than this crap!!!  (Read 862 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
30yrs and most citizens are worse off in a country of plenty.
Economic apartheid is worse than Boer apartheid.
SAme scenario all over Africa.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/24/business/south-africa-economy-apartheid.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: This is what i am fighting for - A better system than this crap!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 03:51:23 PM »
It's 23 years. SA is a very complex situation. Because of the apartheid past. The politicians ride on populist "wealth redistribution" platforms - once in power they are met with tough reality. How do you redistribute wealth legally and without destroying the economy?
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 04:49:32 PM »
It's 23 years. SA is a very complex situation. Because of the apartheid past. The politicians ride on populist "wealth redistribution" platforms - once in power they are met with tough reality. How do you redistribute wealth legally and without destroying the economy?

Robina, wake up. You seem to have an excuse for keeping the status quo in complex situations. If you had lived in 1860s you would have used the same excuse, when others were fighting end of slavery. Am sure you could have used the same "system is complex" during civil rights era.

Singapore's leap to the top involved taking bold steps to address inequalities. A simple tax system will do the same in Africa. Those who speculate on land should be taxed at 90% - use that money to build water systems for the public good - If Waiguru doesn't pocket it.  Chronic unemployment has become so bad that it is acceptable. A thirty year old who has never held any job, despite having finished high school is as common, and is becoming accepted all over Africa. Meanwhile, people drive $400K cars all over into slums of buildings where basic infrastructure and security are lacking. Tax these luxuries -yearly user tax- and use the money to renovate the 1960s thatched school buildings. There is no complexities in this, right?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 05:16:01 PM »
Parkerpen you're all over the place. Let's stick with SA. Why has the ANC regime not mandated the "simple tax system" you're suggesting as panacea? All that white capital monopoly - tax them heavy - and pay welfare with the revenues. Simple, no?

SA has done nothing to address the looming inequality spiraling out of control. Nothing....30yrs sitting of their big butts taking in more wives. Any goon knows that a tax system is always the easiest way to address inequalities, but since these leaders have a conflict of interest, so nothing gets done. Govts used to tax the number of windows to pay for schools, but nowadays its called "welfare".
10,000 billionarares and 40 million beggars.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 06:47:23 PM by Parkerpen »
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 05:35:08 PM »
I think land should be re-distribute to poor africans - that may destroy RSA agriculture like it did in Kenya or Zim in the short-term but in the long term small-holder will get it.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 06:53:55 PM »
Parkerpen you're all over the place. Let's stick with SA. Why has the ANC regime not mandated the "simple tax system" you're suggesting as panacea? All that white capital monopoly - tax them heavy - and pay welfare with the revenues. Simple, no?

SA has done nothing to address the looming inequality spiraling out of control. Nothing....30yrs sitting of their big butts taking in more wives. Any goon knows that a tax system is always the easiest way to address inequalities, but since these leaders have a conflict of interest, so nothing gets done. Govts used to tax the number of windows to pay for schools, but nowadays its called "welfare".
10,000 billionarares and 40 million beggars.