Author Topic: Jubilee pulls a fast one  (Read 1990 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Jubilee pulls a fast one
« on: October 24, 2017, 11:34:42 AM »

By declaring tomorrow a public holiday so Uhuru Kinyasa can assent to the Bill tonight shutting any court protestations.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Jubilee pulls a fast one
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 11:45:31 AM »
Yeah I am surprised too - I think they will declare Friday an holiday too - and come Monday Uhuru will already have won - and Supreme Court hands will be tied.

By declaring tomorrow a public holiday so Uhuru Kinyasa can assent to the Bill tonight shutting any court protestations.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 12:01:52 PM »
Yeah I am surprised too - I think they will declare Friday an holiday too - and come Monday Uhuru will already have won - and Supreme Court hands will be tied.

Winning by tying the court's and oppositions hands?  Some "victory", huh?  These electoral fraudsters will be dealt with via our beautiful constitution.  Kwani it's going to be a public holiday until August 2022?  Jubilee are serious dreamers and hallucinators.  Si they "won" on August 8th?  What happened?

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 12:23:59 PM »
How? Are they going to swear him in Kibaki style? Si, I thought the new katiba dealt with that.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 12:32:44 PM »
How? Are they going to swear him in Kibaki style? Si, I thought the new katiba dealt with that.

KM, these electoral fraudsters have to be reminded of the beautiful constitution each time they step off the line.  Remember they tried to criminalise demonstrations, then dual citizenship, mara everyone HAS to participate in the election....etc.  Each time they have had to backpedal and recognise each of those rights.  The thing to remember is Ruto traveling all over the country trashing the constitution etc.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 04:06:54 PM »
Maraga never disappoints

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 04:29:17 PM »
I hope Matiangi did not think that the executive branch can interfere with the court or the parliament's schedule. The court and the parliament are independent-co-equal branches of the government and they can work on any day and conduct their business anywhere including under a tree so long as they are in the country.

Maraga never disappoints

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 05:23:38 PM »
I don't get Jubilee's need to play around with this bill. I think they mean to have it operational during the elections. Why not sign it tomorrow evening? It can still be suspended on 26th going forward. The legality is what matters.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 05:29:48 PM »
I don't get Jubilee's need to play around with this bill. I think they mean to have it operational during the elections. Why not sign it tomorrow evening? It can still be suspended on 26th going forward. The legality is what matters.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 05:34:39 PM »

I doubt it's the diplomats he's cautious about. It's the courts. If the law is ultimately upheld or struck out - I think that's more important. Unless it's unconstitutional he should have signed it 2 weeks ago.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 05:49:19 PM »
Maraga never disappoints

Maraga's left nut cannot fit in a Ken Lusaka wheelbarrow.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 05:52:56 PM »
Maraga never disappoints

Maraga's left nut cannot fit in a Ken Lusaka wheelbarrow.

LOL