Author Topic: Where was 250B that goes into devolution going before?  (Read 4441 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Where was 250B that goes into devolution going before?
« on: September 22, 2014, 05:05:15 PM »
What is the opportunity cost?

Or the money was simply going into one big black hole...in the national gov?

Within one yr everyone can see tangible projects being executed by counties.

Now if there was no devolution; where the hell would this money have ended?

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Where was 250B that goes into devolution going before?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 05:14:33 PM »
I guess into someone's pocket, since they havent reduced the number of staff from previous govt. Or, they are borrowing the money to pay for devolution.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 05:32:26 PM »
It the billion dollar questions. I mean we are seeing tarmac in machakos, garissa,meru,marsabit,wajir,mandera,turkana and many endless project all over.

Maybe national gov can explain to us the opportunity cost of all these. Some staff were take by counties...

What are we missing? I mean even with wastage (Bungoma county spend 1.3B on MCAS) there are still project out there.

I guess into someone's pocket, since they havent reduced the number of staff from previous govt. Or, they are borrowing the money to pay for devolution.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 06:39:47 PM »
This is a thesis piece. Can any university student do a reasearch on this and extrapolate.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 06:56:30 PM »
What aroused my suspicion at first was the CDF fund. I was able to see a lot of changes. By the time Devolution came, I already held the National government in my crosshairs.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 08:58:55 AM »
Into the Thickest road far away from your mashinani. 

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 09:01:06 AM »
Maybe. Most of it would have gone to ministries to be stolen by minister and civil servants all the way to tea  girl. Devolution is our saviour.
Into the Thickest road far away from your mashinani. 

Offline Ole Ole

• Superstar
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 09:08:36 AM »
looted through inflated government contracts mainly military contacts. rest used for harambees and buying opposition politicians. Now uhuru want to retain the money so he can run some militia aka NYS. Governor want 60-40 or 55-45 allocation, Okoa kenya should target 50-50 allocation.

on uhuruto argument that government has no money for referendum, the governor should concede to have government deduct 6billion referendum cost on counties first allocation once they pass 55-45 allocation.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 09:17:27 AM »
They ringfenced the military and security budget--so they are still stealing. Jubilee main roadblock will be to deny IEBC funds for holding the referendum. I expect them to fail in their attempt to bribe or intimidate MCA not to approve referendum bill in 24 counties.

Maybe counties can each agree to contribute part of 8B for holding the referendum.

That will be 8b/47.....that is about 200m per county..which is small money.

looted through inflated government contracts mainly military contacts. rest used for harambees and buying opposition politicians. Now uhuru want to retain the money so he can run some militia aka NYS. Governor want 60-40 or 55-45 allocation, Okoa kenya should target 50-50 allocation.

on uhuruto argument that government has no money for referendum, the governor should concede to have government deduct 6billion referendum cost on counties first allocation once they pass 55-45 allocation.

Offline Ole Ole

• Superstar
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 09:28:08 AM »
200 million in return for several billions not a bad trade off. Uhuru will find it immposible to deny IEBC money when all the threshold will have be met. The country will become ungovernable or spiral to chaos. Bribery might work with some but with cost of living rising everyday you need tonnes of money to bribe people.

They ringfenced the military and security budget--so they are still stealing. Jubilee main roadblock will be to deny IEBC funds for holding the referendum. I expect them to fail in their attempt to bribe or intimidate MCA not to approve referendum bill in 24 counties.

Maybe counties can each agree to contribute part of 8B for holding the referendum.

That will be 8b/47.....that is about 200m per county..which is small money.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 09:28:39 AM »
Pundit,

Why would it cost 8b to hold the vote?  The ballots will br a simple yes or no

Offline Mintos

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 10:45:29 AM »
They will tell you in the old budgets there was no provision for these. You see CDF had to be legislated for it to be effected. Devolution had to be in constitution. Otherwise bado tunge endelea "..kukaa ibyo ibyo..." like Muzee Moi would say.

Offline George Lamming

• Superstar
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 10:56:33 AM »
Bwana RVP: Have you heard of the concept that Money is Fungible.? At the end of the dayCentral Gava is in complete control. This fund/kitty is where they finance everthing else including next elelction...but don't say I said that.
Malaki 3:16 "Then they that feared the LORD spoke often one to another: and the LORD listened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought on his name."

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 04:33:42 PM »
Next time try old plain english. Maybe you can start making sense.
Bwana RVP: Have you heard of the concept that Money is Fungible.? At the end of the dayCentral Gava is in complete control. This fund/kitty is where they finance everthing else including next elelction...but don't say I said that.