Author Topic: BBC:Babu’s antics could be an exit strategy  (Read 891 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
BBC:Babu’s antics could be an exit strategy
« on: October 11, 2017, 09:07:17 AM »
The withdrawal could be a strategy for Raila Odinga to exit the political scene on his own terms...........With President Kenyatta's party having won a majority of MPs in both houses of parliament, it is likely that Mr Odinga was headed for another defeat and that would be too much for a man, who has been nicknamed the enigma.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-41572128
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: BBC:Babu’s antics could be an exit strategy
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 09:11:50 AM »
Nope. I think he still nursing NUSU MKATE dreams and he is busy trying all means & ways to engineer a constitutional crisis however remote - Raila Odinga is desperate for power!

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 09:44:04 AM »
Both odds - nusu mkate or honorable exit - are much better than the outright loss suffered on 8th August. And once again you are severely underrating his anarchist chops.

Nope. I think he still nursing NUSU MKATE dreams and he is busy trying all means & ways to engineer a constitutional crisis however remote - Raila Odinga is desperate for power!
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 10:01:23 AM »
I don't doubt his intentions - I doubt his abilities. He has very very little leverage. Actually he has no leverage.
Both odds - nusu mkate or honorable exit - are much better than the outright loss suffered on 8th August. And once again you are severely underrating his anarchist chops.

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 10:20:58 AM »
Raila fears another election defeat and was no longer interested with the fresh election..his only hope is that he becomes prime minister through mass demonstration violence and secession threats,

Without Prejudice.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 10:23:52 AM »
Unfortunately he'll need more than Kisumu riots to convince Uhuru to share power.
Raila fears another election defeat and was no longer interested with the fresh election..his only hope is that he becomes prime minister through mass demonstration violence and secession threats,

Without Prejudice.