Forum > Sports

Galen Rupp Wins Chicago Marathon

(1/1)

Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants:
He is tall for a marathon runner.  There might be something I could learn from his running style.

--- Quote ---Galen Rupp, 31, became the first American in 15 years to win the Chicago Marathon on Sunday. He ran a new personal record of 2:09:20 under clear skies and temperatures that rose into the low 60s by the race’s end.

Rupp made his surge around mile 24, covering it in about 4:30, dropping the defending champion Abel Kirui of Kenya who finished second in 2:09:48. Bernard Kipyego of Kenya took third in 2:10:23.
--- End quote ---

https://www.runnersworld.com/chicago-marathon/the-best-moments-at-the-2017-chicago-marathon/slide/1

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9zHTc8K-lI

KenyanPlato:
This man is a beast.. Is that a pace of 4.81 minutes a mile .. I did half a marathon two weeks ago and my time was 1hour 40 minutes.. The training and effort I had to put in was just too much.. To see someone doing this is just amazing ..

Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants:

--- Quote from: KenyanPlato on October 09, 2017, 05:28:15 AM ---This man is a beast.. Is that a pace of 4.81 minutes a mile .. I did half a marathon two weeks ago and my time was 1hour 40 minutes.. The training and effort I had to put in was just too much.. To see someone doing this is just amazing ..

--- End quote ---

Yep.  Those guys run torrid paces.  But they have hugely developed slow twitch muscles.  I can barely get under an 8 minute mile.  You must be a semi professional runner to do that well in a half.  I am just glad to keep my belly flat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version