Author Topic: secession  (Read 2246 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
secession
« on: October 07, 2017, 03:38:19 PM »
funds are decentralised to counties anyway right?

where to construct a dmz zone?

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: secession
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 03:40:25 PM »

When you deal with people who dont think that they are above the law, maybe its time to move on....

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 03:52:29 PM »
there's no point in voting or negotiating or going through legal channels. The most amicable thing to do is to go right ahead and be the Palestinians - establish a gaza strip - dmz zone etc. avert bloodshed. Democracy never works when the incumbent enacts autocracy. The sooner that barrier is erected, the sooner everyone can coexist politically, tribally & peacefully.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 03:54:54 PM »
All I know for sure is that the rest of the 40 tribes are not going to sit with  docility as Kalenjins and Kikuyus play ping pong game with the presidency of Kenya by rigging one election after the other. My suggestion is we stop it right now. If all fails then Succession.

When you deal with people who dont think that they are above the law, maybe its time to move on....
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 04:02:36 PM »
I agree. You cannot wait for these goons to entrench themselves in power and enact and put in place draconian laws that will put us in shackles for years especially when you have  arap mashamba behind the wheels.

there's no point in voting or negotiating or going through legal channels. The most amicable thing to do is to go right ahead and be the Palestinians - establish a gaza strip - dmz zone etc. avert bloodshed. Democracy never works when the incumbent enacts autocracy. The sooner that barrier is erected, the sooner everyone can coexist politically, tribally & peacefully.

Offline Ole

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 09:21:25 PM »
Demos/protest/cessation won't succeed in kenya. There are many police officers to quell any potential civil disobedience. People are too busy and poor to participate in such. Kenyans have not been driven to the wall enough for them to fight back with enough might.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 09:34:49 PM »
Jublidiots says one day that the demos are inconsequential  then the next day they say demonstrations are hurting the economy. They need to make up their minds.  Also,  the demonstrations just started, give them a chance to grow bigger.  So far I think they have been very effective.

Demos/protest/cessation won't succeed in kenya. There are many police officers to quell any potential civil disobedience. People are too busy and poor to participate in such. Kenyans have not been driven to the wall enough for them to fight back with enough might.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 12:32:45 AM »
You're rather simplistic. Even Somalia is intact you know. With no government to reign them in for 2 decades. Biafra too. You're over the top.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 01:22:33 AM »
You're rather simplistic. Even Somalia is intact you know. With no government to reign them in for 2 decades. Biafra too. You're over the top.

And that has been nothing short of a disaster for Somalia.  They have only recently regained some semblance of statehood with full autonomy for the regions and a powerless central government.  Full regional autonomy looks increasingly like the model Kenya will have to adopt.  But as it stands, the jubilant is trying to kill even the token devolution Kenya now has.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 01:42:14 AM »
Windy that's your jaundiced view. Young devolution is shaping up - in contrast to 50yo national govt - and there is nothing to indicate sabotage. Kenya needs to take off now and not be derailed by political feuds. With the Sudans, Somalia, Ug, etc Zamunda is actually a regional oasis. We have TZ and ET to compete with. No reason to listen to naysayers. Secessionists will shout themselves hoarse like they have done since independence.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Achiek tho

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 02:12:39 AM »
Jaluo this time around has decided that enough is enough...Even Raila has decided to give donors who were trying to blackmail him for funds the middle finger...He told them that this time around my people come first...

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 02:40:40 AM »
Achiek you just need to think big. Do you see how Americans, Brits, etc are outward-looking? With a welcoming attitude, despite that they're the best in most things. That's what's needed - global - instead of going insular. The Luo claim Gema are so this and that where's the better example?

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 03:41:17 AM »
Alexander (Achiek) is right. Kenya sets the tone for western democracies later on. Across the globe regions are looking to secede. Now that cultural divides are emerging, age old history coming to the forefront- secessions aren't such a far-fetched notion. Case in point Brexit. UK, USA etc. states/regions etc. people are mobilising ideologically their own political discourse in one sense to maintain autonomy in their region with the rise of anarchy perhaps as some mass survival instinct/population defense mechanism. I think one needs to observe the psychological mechanisms underpinning these secession ideologues. Because it isn't about justice or nobility that sets this agenda. It's really about preservation, survival, that raw basic pack mentality.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 08:10:38 AM »
Robina -you're the only voice of reason - calling for secession is the dumbest idea because it not gonna happen in kenya without heavy price to pay in bloodshed - people who've had genuine grievances in kenya have been calling for Majimbo - federalism - I myself I am big majimboist. This devolution is a step in that direction. Hopefully in the future each region - we can have them along tribal lines - will become states. We can have Luo Nation under majimbo - where they ran everything except few federal services like army, immigration and the shebang.