Author Topic: Pundit, WSR is Stubbornly Against Pesa Mashinani  (Read 3501 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Pundit, WSR is Stubbornly Against Pesa Mashinani
« on: September 22, 2014, 03:30:49 PM »
He is never gonna change and if Uhuru did, he would suffer a huge credibility problem. http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/William-Ruto-referendum/-/1064/2461072/-/pyhsfjz/-/index.html

Duale comes from an area that is badly marginalized that would use more money. How does he expect to win the population?

Murkomen, Keter and others cannot possibly win the majority in their areas even if they shout the name of Raila a million times.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Pundit, WSR is Stubbornly Against Pesa Mashinani
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 03:55:24 PM »
They are talking rubbish. Devolving money and Accountability are not mutually exclusively. We need to do both. Give Isaac more money while demanding his stop treating our money kama ya Mamake.

The same for national gov..they all need to respect public money.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 04:00:19 PM »
We have a saying about the Terik. You know we fought many battles against each other. So when two terik warriors were returning home from a failed raid in which they had both suffered ugly wounds, they sat down near a river to wash and treat the wounds and started laughing at each other's wounds. (I have heard the reverse of it where Luos are the villains)

The National Government has presided over bigger and more atrocious thievery than all County governments put together. 
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 05:56:05 PM »
They are talking rubbish. Devolving money and Accountability are not mutually exclusively. We need to do both. Give Isaac more money while demanding his stop treating our money kama ya Mamake.

The same for national gov..they all need to respect public money.
In a properly devolved system.  The way the US(over 200 years) works.  Governor's are accountable to their state congresses.  The national Senate has no business meddling in the affairs of the states. 

The Senate's job for the most part,  the same as the House.  Legislation and holding the executive or both to account.  Both houses of congress usually have to be in agreement to pass major legislation.

I am not sure how they intended the senate to work in Kenya.  But it's main role seems to be to meddle with rather than facilitate devolution.  The way it's working makes me think it was a mistake to create in the first place.  They seem to have little to nothing to say about the mess in kamwana's therikali.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 06:23:29 PM »
It is suppose to be that way in Kenya. Each county has County Assembly with MCAS whose job is to hold governors accountable. There are capacity issues regarding their education, political standing and general teething problem...as MCAS transition from former councillors..to CA that can really hold governors accountable..that will be sorted in due course.

The senate and national gov are always trying to ran county gov..instead of doing their job of holding the national gov accountable.

I think judiciary will have to step in and give a commonsensical ruling on this.

Senate and National assembly HAVE NO ROLE IN COUNTY ACCOUNTABILITY. They should concentrate on holding Nairobi's based NATIONAL GOV accountable.

I think governors have gone to courts...and hopefully the court will clarify that
1) Governors are accountable only to people of their county and their MCAS.
2) National Assembly should take as the name suggest should concentrate on NATIONAL GOV.
3) Senate should be a bridge btw county affairs and national affairs.

If not..then referendum should clear this.

In a properly devolved system.  The way the US(over 200 years) works.  Governor's are accountable to their state congresses.  The national Senate has no business meddling in the affairs of the states. 

The Senate's job for the most part,  the same as the House.  Legislation and holding the executive or both to account.  Both houses of congress usually have to be in agreement to pass major legislation.

I am not sure how they intended the senate to work in Kenya.  But it's main role seems to be to meddle with rather than facilitate devolution.  The way it's working makes me think it was a mistake to create in the first place.  They seem to have little to nothing to say about the mess in kamwana's therikali.

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 07:20:46 PM »
It is suppose to be that way in Kenya. Each county has County Assembly with MCAS whose job is to hold governors accountable. There are capacity issues regarding their education, political standing and general teething problem...as MCAS transition from former councillors..to CA that can really hold governors accountable..that will be sorted in due course.

The senate and national gov are always trying to ran county gov..instead of doing their job of holding the national gov accountable.

I think judiciary will have to step in and give a commonsensical ruling on this.

Senate and National assembly HAVE NO ROLE IN COUNTY ACCOUNTABILITY. They should concentrate on holding Nairobi's based NATIONAL GOV accountable.

I think governors have gone to courts...and hopefully the court will clarify that
1) Governors are accountable only to people of their county and their MCAS.
2) National Assembly should take as the name suggest should concentrate on NATIONAL GOV.
3) Senate should be a bridge btw county affairs and national affairs.

If not..then referendum should clear this.

I think the hustler falls in the group that would love to see Senate as a tool against governors.  His accountability rant would place him in that group.  He is basically building on the Duale statement to Isaac Rutto, that hiyo pesa si ya mamako.

I think governors need to come out stronger and remind these people, who their real bosses are.  That it's neither the national government, parliament nor senate.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 07:54:38 PM »
I think the senate is supposed to pass laws that govern the workings of the county govt. to ensure prompt delivery of services.
They need to pass laws that protect counties, not fight for power.

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 07:56:52 PM »
I think the senate is supposed to pass laws that govern the workings of the county govt. to ensure prompt delivery of services.
They need to pass laws that protect counties, not fight for power.
I believe that is the role of the county assemblies.  At least it should be their role.  The Senate should be concerned with national government and legislation at the national level.

Harriet Tubman