Author Topic: MOASS 2017 - the re-run.  (Read 14886 times)

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
Re: MOASS 2017 - the re-run.
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2017, 12:47:58 AM »
I am saying NASA violently suppressed turnout, which undermines your narrative. Don't conflate. How does police violence affect turnout?

You are pathetic. You probably think that police occupation of luo Nyanza and the brutalization of luo people is just propaganda. I hope you are not doing this for free.

NASA pundits are spinning everything but the main point is forgotten: the NASA militia and its impact on the turnout. Those brutalities alone out the peaceful boycott charade.

NASA supporters decided to keep away, that's what suppressed turnout.  No other scientific explanations.  I am dismayed that you are not only belittling the police brutality against NASA supporters in Nyanza, Ukambani and Western Kenya whilst magnifying stone throwing in Nyanza ( which by the way was in self defence).

Also have you heard that "votes" from Kisumu were streaming this afternoon?  This vindicates the Luos that barricaded the polling stations because those boxes would have sprouted magic Jubilee votes in Nasa strongholds.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2017, 01:01:43 AM »
Robina,

I get that you are tired of all the politics.  And that is just over a few months.  But if you consider that there are people who are tired of decades(not a couple of months) of the same old looters, you might start to understand why NASA supporters are not overly concerned about going back to normal. 

There will be a petition at SCOK.  That is a certainty.  This petition is going to lead to more drama, not less, over the next few weeks.  From my perspective, this was as shambolic an election as they get.  If SCOK shares the same view, you are looking at a few more months of even more drama.  The best hope, for jubilants, may be in a completely  terrified SCOK(perhaps one of them is found murdered or something like that).

What I thought was the simplest solution, a credible national election, seems to be something a Kenyan is singularly incapable of conducting.  We are seeing that even when literally running by himself, there is still manipulation.  He can't help himself.  You may just get your wish of bazungu coming in doing this for us.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2017, 01:05:18 AM »
I am saying NASA violently suppressed turnout, which undermines your narrative. Don't conflate. How does police violence affect turnout?

You are pathetic. You probably think that police occupation of luo Nyanza and the brutalization of luo people is just propaganda. I hope you are not doing this for free.

NASA pundits are spinning everything but the main point is forgotten: the NASA militia and its impact on the turnout. Those brutalities alone out the peaceful boycott charade.

NASA supporters decided to keep away, that's what suppressed turnout.  No other scientific explanations.  I am dismayed that you are not only belittling the police brutality against NASA supporters in Nyanza, Ukambani and Western Kenya whilst magnifying stone throwing in Nyanza ( which by the way was in self defence).

Also have you heard that "votes" from Kisumu were streaming this afternoon?  This vindicates the Luos that barricaded the polling stations because those boxes would have sprouted magic Jubilee votes in Nasa strongholds.

In short you agree NASA violently prevented the elections in the Luo Nyanza counties. Their reasons may have been noble as you indicate. This is not an echo chamber so you cannot get away with the peaceful boycott story.

I do not minimize the violence. The police are likely under instructions to be ruthless and brutal as an intimidation strategy. Police brutality and violent boycott are not exclusive. They are both happening.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2017, 01:15:41 AM »
Robina,

I get that you are tired of all the politics.  And that is just over a few months.  But if you consider that there are people who are tired of decades(not a couple of months) of the same old looters, you might start to understand why NASA supporters are not overly concerned about going back to normal. 

There will be a petition at SCOK.  That is a certainty.  This petition is going to lead to more drama, not less, over the next few weeks.  From my perspective, this was as shambolic an election as they get.  If SCOK shares the same view, you are looking at a few more months of even more drama.  The best hope, for jubilants, may be in a completely  terrified SCOK(perhaps one of them is found murdered or something like that).

What I thought was the simplest solution, a credible national election, seems to be something a Kenyan is singularly incapable of conducting.  We are seeing that even when literally running by himself, there is still manipulation.  He can't help himself.  You may just get your wish of bazungu coming in doing this for us.

You're right about the fatigue and irritation. I'm lucky to be sufficiently away to breathe. My God, it would choke me. About mzungu I have always preferred him to not just run this sad chapter, but man the full agency longterm. Along with a litany of other institutions of the state. Fed up with the negro!
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2017, 11:19:17 AM »
Based on Ruto CNN interview - we are looking at 7.5M total votes with Uhuru getting 7.3-7.4m - so MOAS got the turn out (48%) wrong or right - depending on what you make of 5000 polling station that didn't  vote and massive intimidation by NASA in areas where people voted.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2017, 01:35:26 PM »
Citizen Tallying Center - done a good job - with Turkana Central & FAFI - Muhoroni.
7.43M for Uhuru - 98%  - the rest 2%.
Look like Uhuru will end up with around 7.44m - which is great if you consider the length NRM or NASA went to depress turn out.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2017, 01:38:30 PM »
According to IEBC.
243 out of 291 constituencies,
Uhuru 7,144,844
Raila 67,471
Turnout 43.44%

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2017, 02:45:33 PM »
Impressive but this don't matter now. After SCORK hurdle - incase Raila is not sworn in as the people's PORK :D - get ready for lawlessness & economic sabotage - which is Raila's element.

According to IEBC.
243 out of 291 constituencies,
Uhuru 7,144,844
Raila 67,471
Turnout 43.44%

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2017, 02:49:13 PM »
Let him try to swear himself and he'll spend his retirement in prison.
Impressive but this don't matter now. After SCORK hurdle - incase Raila is not sworn in as the people's PORK :D - get ready for lawlessness & economic sabotage - which is Raila's element.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2017, 03:19:05 PM »
Pundito, What will you do when we swear Raila in as our  president? Which jail will you take him to and who will you send to arrest him.  Have you seen the fury of about 5 million people? What are you going to charge him with?

What you do not understand is the difference between state power and people power.  State power has a diminishing effect when misused and you will realize very soon how useless state power is when put against peoples power. We call Ruto Arap Mashamba because he is acting like a kid in a candy store with state power. His rigging machine has been dismantled and he cannot put it together again.  The fact that only 33% of Kenyan registered voters voted has been established and any new rigged number will not be accepted no matter how hard you spin it.   People power takes a long time to crank up and rave up but once it gets going, then I do not care how many police officers you have.  Uthamaki will be the first to bolt from Ruto.  Right now they are watching him make up numbers but sooner or later they will desert him because they have more to lose when this country goes to the dogs.

Let him try to swear himself and he'll spend his retirement in prison.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2017, 05:18:42 PM »
Every antidemocrat conjures up some "people power" or such. After horrifying the same poor people not to vote. It's tribalism 101. That secession map is good therapy. In our corp we have an office doll - in Engineering - you punch it when the test fails for the upteenth time. Instead of trashing the lab.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2017, 05:38:54 PM »

Self determination, is recognized under our new katiba and international law. We are not going to use the secession map just for therapy but to rid ourselves of ouruto one way or the other.

Every antidemocrat conjures up some "people power" or such. After horrifying the same poor people not to vote. It's tribalism 101. That secession map is good therapy. In our corp we have an office doll - in Engineering - you punch it when the test fails for the upteenth time. Instead of trashing the lab.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2017, 05:47:55 PM »
It's ok. I know therapy when I see it. It's your office doll. Much better than punching the wall.

Self determination, is recognized under our new katiba and international law. We are not going to use the secession map just for therapy but to rid ourselves of ouruto one way or the other.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2017, 06:28:47 PM »
It's ok. I know therapy when I see it. It's your office doll. Much better than punching the wall.

I don't know man.  Are you saying it's like how some of us fall back to MOAS when the real world numbers are not cooperating?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2017, 06:32:54 PM »
And I know a confused mind when I see it. I hope you find a political position which your conscience can be at peace with.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2017, 06:35:03 PM »

I don't know man.  Are you saying it's like how some of us fall back to MOAS when the real world numbers are not cooperating?

The MOAS are a good debate. I can't vouch for their veracity. But tribalism is real. The voting patterns say so. The regionalized tantrums confirm it.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2017, 06:36:43 PM »
I can't find a "position" because am an independent. Except of course to be objective - and try to go with the facts.

And I know a confused mind when I see it. I hope you find a political position which your conscience can be at peace with.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2017, 06:40:04 PM »

Good luck- both facts and law are in dispute.

I can't find a "position" because am an independent. Except of course to be objective - and try to go with the facts.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2017, 07:45:52 PM »
Kichwa..youre 5m armed with stones...kenya security is about o.2m strong let not throw mungiki n warriors....this one youre boind to lose by even bigger margin..zero leverage.Try nonsense and Raila can add more yrs to his kamiti profile.what will you do...that you havent done..throw stones n undress.You cowards need to know when to concede n ran...that takes courage.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2017, 09:58:43 PM »
Ruto does not own Kenyan security.

Kichwa..youre 5m armed with stones...kenya security is about o.2m strong let not throw mungiki n warriors....this one youre boind to lose by even bigger margin..zero leverage.Try nonsense and Raila can add more yrs to his kamiti profile.what will you do...that you havent done..throw stones n undress.You cowards need to know when to concede n ran...that takes courage.