Author Topic: NASA Campaign Kitty  (Read 3916 times)

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
Re: NASA Campaign Kitty
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2017, 09:45:42 AM »
What is doing badly?  Nasa do not have the luxury of state resources and eurobond monies. 

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2017, 10:10:19 AM »
What is doing badly?  Nasa do not have the luxury of state resources and eurobond monies. 
The target donors are not responsive
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2017, 12:57:44 PM »

The target donors are pinned down by shocking poverty thanks to the walanyama...

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2017, 02:32:54 PM »
Kenyans are used to receiving money from politicians not realizing that they are being bribed and when these people get to power they steal100 times more than they give from the same people.  The concept of people giving money to the politicians is a revolution in  a country like Kenya and every penny given is a success that others will build on years to come. Changing a political culture is not easy and very few people even try.

The target donors are pinned down by shocking poverty thanks to the walanyama...
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2017, 06:11:57 PM »
Kenyans are used to receiving money from politicians not realizing that they are being bribed and when these people get to power they steal100 times more than they give from the same people.  The concept of people giving money to the politicians is a revolution in  a country like Kenya and every penny given is a success that others will build on years to come. Changing a political culture is not easy and very few people even try.

Yeah, and NASWA have suddenly discovered this.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2017, 07:10:52 PM »
Here we go with NUMBERS again argument again.  What's important is that the narrative is being changed.  Money is beginning to flow from the electorate to the candidate and not the other way round. That is the thing to celebrate. Its going to be along time before this becomes the norm.

I said this would do badly and it is doing badly because of the timing. They snubbed the 10/- since April primaries and settled for dinners.

Next time anyone who wishes to involve raia in their campaign so as to 'own the process' should start early, and account for every coin received.

-NASWA has been accused of collecting over 100M to support striking teachers and they went quiet with that
-Adopt-a-polling-station raised millions just for NASWA  to discard the idea at the last minute and ask their candidates to nominate their agents at their expense

That said, I wish they raise some more

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2017, 07:28:41 PM »
The point Pundit and Vooke are making is that Jubilee have more campaign money stolen from public coffers than NASA can raise from party members. Is that even a comparison?
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2017, 07:34:44 PM »
The point Pundit and Vooke are making is that Jubilee have more campaign money stolen from public coffers than NASA can raise from party members. Is that even a comparison?

And that is without factoring in what else the AG has yet to discover this year.  There is no comparison.  Jubilee have the money, as would any kleptocracy.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2017, 08:00:34 PM »
And they spend so much money campaigning and buying votes, one wonders why if they truly have a lock on numbers.

And that is without factoring in what else the AG has yet to discover this year.  There is no comparison.  Jubilee have the money, as would any kleptocracy.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2017, 08:38:44 PM »
Way to go is to limit how much one can raise n spend in a campaign otherwise mama ngina or moi can buy the elections for their kids anytime

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2017, 08:48:41 PM »
Way to go is to limit how much one can raise n spend in a campaign otherwise mama ngina or moi can buy the elections for their kids anytime
I like the confession.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2017, 09:08:38 PM »

It is very hard to pass such a law or even enforce when the same people are in power. You have to find a way to get them out of power first.