Author Topic: Jubilee to amend election act and do away with electronic transmission  (Read 3203 times)

Offline Higgins the genius

• VIP
  • Superstar
Once parliament is officially opened on the 12th. Expect a raft of changes in the elections act! Electronic transmission will. E the first casualty

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Jubilee to amend election act and do away with electronic transmission
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 07:48:04 PM »
A saw cuts in both ways. Some of those proposing will one day be on the other side

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 07:50:27 PM »
Power hungry thieving bastards

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 07:51:02 PM »
I bet the argument for it goes something like "it makes rigging elections too messy creating instability in the process".
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 07:58:44 PM »
A saw cuts in both ways. Some of those proposing will one day be on the other side
That's what Kibaki forgot when he fought tooth and nail to maintain an imperial presidency and Babu too when he resisted it.

Baba Lupita said something that I have n very forgotten; when you legislate, imagine the law(s) in the hands of your enemy
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 08:03:53 PM »
How will that solve the current impasse?

Once parliament is officially opened on the 12th. Expect a raft of changes in the elections act! Electronic transmission will. E the first casualty
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 08:12:35 PM »
That's what Kibaki forgot when he fought tooth and nail to maintain an imperial presidency and Babu too when he resisted it.

Baba Lupita said something that I have n very forgotten; when you legislate, imagine the law(s) in the hands of your enemy

Looks like uncle Muhoho forgot '78 when powers found themselves in mois hands.  It took 24 years of lying low by our gema brothers

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 08:17:39 PM »
Uhuru can pursue an honorable exit or a contentious one. How his family and others around will fare on depends on that choice. His time is up and there is little he can do about that.

Myx adopted people in Kilifi say: Riziki yake imekwisha- more like chewing gum: Soon or later the utamu huisha and you can choose to spit it out or keep on chewing with no benefits other than irritation and loss of face.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 05:07:44 AM »
I have always held that Senior Private Ochuka was president for 2 hours - without the 'acting' prefix - so Uhuru is actually the 5th president of Kenya.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Ole

• Regular
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 12:50:38 PM »
Threatening people before you get anywhere near office is what usually make people who would have otherwise votedo for baba take a pause. Raila also suffers from this problem. Case in point is when he said settlers in kajiado should go back home. He thought he was appeasing the masai and alienating the kikuyus but he inadvertently angered many immigrants to the region especially the kisii. I am not defending uhuru but when he is told to decide how he wants to exit, that would not only harden is position but may drive him and his supporters to refuse to cede power even when he loses.
Uhuru can pursue an honorable exit or a contentious one. How his family and others around will fare on depends on that choice. His time is up and there is little he can do about that.

Myx adopted people in Kilifi say: Riziki yake imekwisha- more like chewing gum: Soon or later the utamu huisha and you can choose to spit it out or keep on chewing with no benefits other than irritation and loss of face.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 01:30:30 PM »
I am surprised that you of all the people would hold such a view. Raila never threatened the settlers in Kajiado.

This has been discussed and gernally been ground to dust so it is a pity you dredge it up. Raila outlined his plans for the improvement of leaving standards. He stated that mayn people are having to sdell their land in areas where they fetch slightly more money to then come and buy in other places (like Kajiado) where the prices are still low. The Maa in turn sell their land at very low prices. In both cases (seller and buyer) they are driven by poverty.

The poverty is created by for example school fees and other costs to educate children. He said under NASA the living conditions would be improved so nobody would need to move. Not the seller and not the buyer. Of the seller he said there would be no need to sell land to pay for upkeep. To The buyer he said there would be no reason whatsoever for him to migrate.

Typically Jubilee picked it up, Itumbi edited and re-edited and the Dead Uthamaki media that could not broadcast results at polling stations found time to regurgitate the false claims without following their own ethics that require evidence.

NASA got a lot of votes in Narok and Kajiado and Jubilee had to rig to avoid a meltdown. The said "anger" resides in Jubilee supporters who were going to vote against Raila anyway.

Threatening people before you get anywhere near office is what usually make people who would have otherwise votedo for baba take a pause. Raila also suffers from this problem. Case in point is when he said settlers in kajiado should go back home. He thought he was appeasing the masai and alienating the kikuyus but he inadvertently angered many immigrants to the region especially the kisii. I am not defending uhuru but when he is told to decide how he wants to exit, that would not only harden is position but may drive him and his supporters to refuse to cede power even when he loses.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 02:24:23 PM »
Its like that 41 against 1 that Raila never uttered but it is attributed to him.  Charles Njonjo confessed along time ago about how the kikuyu were fed propaganda to hate luos when they felt Jaramogi was winning the ideological war between him and Kenyattaa. Talking of the kiapo was the beginning of tribalizing ideology and politics. Like the old theory of divide and rule, tribalizing political issues still works and will continue to be used by the likes of Kuria so long as they believe they have a majority. DiMobs tribal propaganda machinery is not something new.

I am surprised that you of all the people would hold such a view. Raila never threatened the settlers in Kajiado.

This has been discussed and gernally been ground to dust so it is a pity you dredge it up. Raila outlined his plans for the improvement of leaving standards. He stated that mayn people are having to sdell their land in areas where they fetch slightly more money to then come and buy in other places (like Kajiado) where the prices are still low. The Maa in turn sell their land at very low prices. In both cases (seller and buyer) they are driven by poverty.

The poverty is created by for example school fees and other costs to educate children. He said under NASA the living conditions would be improved so nobody would need to move. Not the seller and not the buyer. Of the seller he said there would be no need to sell land to pay for upkeep. To The buyer he said there would be no reason whatsoever for him to migrate.

Typically Jubilee picked it up, Itumbi edited and re-edited and the Dead Uthamaki media that could not broadcast results at polling stations found time to regurgitate the false claims without following their own ethics that require evidence.

NASA got a lot of votes in Narok and Kajiado and Jubilee had to rig to avoid a meltdown. The said "anger" resides in Jubilee supporters who were going to vote against Raila anyway.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 02:39:42 PM »

Omorlo,
I was not part of those debates but I think what matters is how the message was received down there not his intention. Every non-Maa shivered either from the actual message or its nearest natural understanding/context.

If say majority of the foreigners in Kajiado was Luos,I have every doubt he would have said as much.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2017, 02:41:40 PM »
Ouru is the ultimate tribalist. Just listen to this.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2017, 03:28:52 PM »
We are still talking besides each other: Raila never said what Jubilee claimed he had said. I have written several paragraphs trying to explain. Looks like I failed.
Omorlo,
I was not part of those debates but I think what matters is how the message was received down there not his intention. Every non-Maa shivered either from the actual message or its nearest natural understanding/context.

If say majority of the foreigners in Kajiado was Luos,I have every doubt he would have said as much.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 03:38:12 PM »
We are still talking besides each other: Raila never said what Jubilee claimed he had said. I have written several paragraphs trying to explain. Looks like I failed.
Omorlo,

I watched several clips including one of his entire speech. He spooked everyone in that place apart from Maasai. Your explanation can't undo that.

Water under the bridge lakini

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 04:34:31 PM »
The bottom line is the people concerned understood the propaganda and voted for Baba.

Jubilee is free to revive it. The matter will probably come on the fore when the 54% governor issue is settled with a by election.
I watched several clips including one of his entire speech. He spooked everyone in that place apart from Maasai. Your explanation can't undo that.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 05:51:33 PM »
The bottom line is the people concerned understood the propaganda and voted for Baba.

Jubilee is free to revive it. The matter will probably come on the fore when the 54% governor issue is settled with a by election.

Kuria spews garbage and still gets elected