Author Topic: Pesa Mashinani start signature...i will definitely sign in on this one.  (Read 11201 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Meanwhile Keter Charles says they are ready to put all roadblocks.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Governors-Referendum-Pesa-Mashinani/-/1064/2460344/-/143h0guz/-/index.html

Offline Kichwa Mbaya

• VIP
Re: Pesa Mashinani start signature...i will definitely sign in on this one.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 04:36:57 PM »
Kaleos have to support pesa Mashinani because there is really no logic to not supporting it. Whatever the deal that ouru had with WSR during the last elections did not include Pesa Mashinani and therefore Kaleos should not feel beholden to it. 

I heard that WSR went to the highest bidder-Ouru.  Raila I am told offered a paltry 1.5 Billion and Ouru tripled it. When WSR went to complain about 50/50 mama ngina told him to literally f$$ck -off because he had been paid and the okuyus who contributed to that money needed to be paid off with plum jobs. Its WSR turn to now tell them that the money he was paid did not include stopping pesa Mashinani and if they want him to stop it they should pay him again otherwise he is not going to support it.  The problem is that once you sell your soul to the devil, they own you. WSR knows that if pushes them too far otherwise...

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 04:41:38 PM »
I can't see Pesa Mashinani going anywhere without a deal with CORD. TNA will fight it tooth and nail and make sure the Kikuyu dominated County Assemblies vote it down. Isaac will then have a few diehard URP Assemblies but not enough to beat TNA veto. He will need CORD to get the extra numbers.

I doubt that CORD will give for nothing. So Pundit better sign both OKOA and the one issue Pesa Mashinani because they will cut a deal to avoid humiliation by TNA
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kichwa Mbaya

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 05:20:16 PM »
I believe OKOA Kenya and Pesa Mashinani will have to work together for all practical purposes because their can be only one referendum.  They do not have to merge though because that will make it partisan and reduce it once more to ouru v. raila round 2.  What they have to do is organize their campaign separately but essentially for the same outcome.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 08:16:28 AM »
When did pesa mashinani become URP or Kalenjin affair. I think everybody including cord want pesa mashinani.

What i will not support is panya routes like rotational presidency or unsubstantiated allegations against IEBC.

There can be NO DEAL to pass nonsense(rotational presidency) with sense (pesa mashinani). If LAND issue is addressed by CORD...we will vote for it on it's own merit.

There is really no need for an deal. if kenyans do not want pesa mashinani..let the money remain with UhuRuto.

That is democracy. Scotland voted NO and life goes on. Pesa Mashinani if defeated by TNA..life goes on until we have another referendum.

I can't see Pesa Mashinani going anywhere without a deal with CORD. TNA will fight it tooth and nail and make sure the Kikuyu dominated County Assemblies vote it down. Isaac will then have a few diehard URP Assemblies but not enough to beat TNA veto. He will need CORD to get the extra numbers.

I doubt that CORD will give for nothing. So Pundit better sign both OKOA and the one issue Pesa Mashinani because they will cut a deal to avoid humiliation by TNA
I believe OKOA Kenya and Pesa Mashinani will have to work together for all practical purposes because their can be only one referendum.  They do not have to merge though because that will make it partisan and reduce it once more to ouru v. raila round 2.  What they have to do is organize their campaign separately but essentially for the same outcome.

Robina

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 09:57:25 AM »
I do not support pesa mashinani for the simple reason that 2 thieves in Nairobi are better than 47 thieves across the country. National government has had 50 years to reach the dismal level of accountability we have now.. EACC, Parliament, Auditor-General, Controller of Budget, name it. What do we have in counties to ensure accountability?? The main issue in Kenya remains corruption and lack of accountability. Pesa Mashinani does not address the problem.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 10:44:34 AM »
That is simplistic take. The national gov involved layers of thieves in prov admin, civil services and public services. What we are doing essentially is to replace the un-elected un-accountable civil servants with politicians in running those affairs.

For example..take KURA...my friend in kisumu work for it...they assign contracts...to thieving contractors..to build roads in Nyanza. This will soon be replaced by governors and his political friends.

Corruption rate will remain constant...whoever is giving out tenders...will be taking % (10-50%) depending on their greed and controls..

I'd prefer a local elected thief than unaccountable civil servant. I'd prefer my local governor than UhuRuto stealing here in Nairobi.

I do not support pesa mashinani for the simple reason that 2 thieves in Nairobi are better than 47 thieves across the country. National government has had 50 years to reach the dismal level of accountability we have now.. EACC, Parliament, Auditor-General, Controller of Budget, name it. What do we have in counties to ensure accountability?? The main issue in Kenya remains corruption and lack of accountability. Pesa Mashinani does not address the problem.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 01:39:25 PM »
When did pesa mashinani become URP or Kalenjin affair. I think everybody including cord want pesa mashinani.

What i will not support is panya routes like rotational presidency or unsubstantiated allegations against IEBC.

There can be NO DEAL to pass nonsense(rotational presidency) with sense (pesa mashinani). If LAND issue is addressed by CORD...we will vote for it on it's own merit.

There is really no need for an deal. if kenyans do not want pesa mashinani..let the money remain with UhuRuto.

That is democracy. Scotland voted NO and life goes on. Pesa Mashinani if defeated by TNA..life goes on until we have another referendum.
CORD is addressing its pesa mashinani through OKOA. As much as some CORD governors are helping COG to move its agenda, the bottom line is that they are with OKOA and know at some point will need a few Jubilee counties owing to the unprecedented bribery of MCAs in some places like Migori and Nairobi.

You are falling for propaganda again and I can't understand why. I posted here the real deal containing the CORD issues. There was no rotational presidency in it. The IEBC is to be strengthened. What is wrong with reforms such as results declared at polling stations as is the case with other elections - MCA, MP, Senator and Governor? The declaration at the polling station should have the legal weight while the "announcement" at Bomas by some crooked and lazy Commissioner keen to be seen on TV should have no value beyond being a show and public information. Counting votes at polling stations saw the end of perennial presidential vote rigging in Mexico.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 01:50:28 PM »
Omorlo,
Are you saying rotational presidency is not a CORD initiative?
I posted here the real deal containing the CORD issues. There was no rotational presidency in it. The IEBC is to be strengthened. What is wrong with reforms such as results declared at polling stations as is the case with other elections - MCA, MP, Senator and Governor? The declaration at the polling station should have the legal weight while the "announcement" at Bomas by some crooked and lazy Commissioner keen to be seen on TV should have no value beyond being a show and public information. Counting votes at polling stations saw the end of perennial presidential vote rigging in Mexico.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 02:03:48 PM »
Omorlo,
I posted here the real deal containing the CORD issues. There was no rotational presidency in it.
I thought we have an agreement: You allege: You prove. Now you want me to address a rumour? I can however be generous: Rotational Presidency is NOT among the issues being proposed for referendum.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 02:05:44 PM »
Negro,
I just wanted a clarification. Withdraw your fangs and claws
Omorlo,
I posted here the real deal containing the CORD issues. There was no rotational presidency in it.
I thought we have an agreement: You allege: You prove. Now you want me to address a rumour? I can however be generous: Rotational Presidency is NOT among the issues being proposed for referendum.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 02:10:58 PM »
I have learned to approach you with my thumb on the failsafe nuclear bomb hard pressed. You start off with feigned innocence before launching an massive attack. You can read the real referendum views here:

http://omollosview.com/blog/2014/09/03/the-referendum-issues/

Negro,

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 02:17:03 PM »
Asante ndugu but quit advertising...
What you need is clarity and lethal honesty and we be cool negro
I just skimmed through Nyong'o's article. Let's have the presidency rotating through the 8 former provinces and once it hits Nyanza, we have a Gusii on top...that puts jarluos a minimum of 80 years away from the presidency especially if they miss Nairobi
I have learned to approach you with my thumb on the failsafe nuclear bomb hard pressed. You start off with feigned innocence before launching an massive attack. You can read the real referendum views here:

http://omollosview.com/blog/2014/09/03/the-referendum-issues/

Negro,

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 02:27:10 PM »
Asante ndugu but quit advertising...
What you need is clarity and lethal honesty and we be cool negro
I just skimmed through Nyong'o's article. Let's have the presidency rotating through the 8 former provinces and once it hits Nyanza, we have a Gusii on top...that puts jarluos a minimum of 80 years away from the presidency especially if they miss Nairobi
Nyong'o is not CORD. I doubt that he has even a formal post in CORD. He used to be ODM SG before he quit. He could still be artoun in acting capacity.

Personally, I have no respect for the man. While a student, I got the chance to read his works. I had looked forward to it having been hearing about him all over. I was disappointed. The papers read like the work of a Grade C undergraduate. Poorly structured sentences, factual errors and sweeping statements with zero basis. Find it online and see for yourself.

I have listened to the guy speaking and I caught him making simple grammatical errors in prepositions and tense - hardly mistakes a "professor" can make.

While at it I can add that: Raila failed the day he took on Orengo and Nyong'o. One day we shall find out exactly what their role has been. This is the same duo that was used by Moi to destroy Ngilu and SDP from within. Then the "Professor" got this clever idea that a presidential candidate needs a degree. Of course he knew Ngilu had no degree. 

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 03:14:00 PM »
I think Classroom knowledge makes us tolerant of idiocy. I have read of Nobel Laureates whose ideas are so juvenile that you lose all confidence in Nobels

Nyongo & Orengo was retained for they anti-Moi stance and Nyayo-Error scars not to mention they be jarluos

Nyong'o is not CORD. I doubt that he has even a formal post in CORD. He used to be ODM SG before he quit. He could still be artoun in acting capacity.

Personally, I have no respect for the man. While a student, I got the chance to read his works. I had looked forward to it having been hearing about him all over. I was disappointed. The papers read like the work of a Grade C undergraduate. Poorly structured sentences, factual errors and sweeping statements with zero basis. Find it online and see for yourself.

I have listened to the guy speaking and I caught him making simple grammatical errors in prepositions and tense - hardly mistakes a "professor" can make.

While at it I can add that: Raila failed the day he took on Orengo and Nyong'o. One day we shall find out exactly what their role has been. This is the same duo that was used by Moi to destroy Ngilu and SDP from within. Then the "Professor" got this clever idea that a presidential candidate needs a degree. Of course he knew Ngilu had no degree. 

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 03:22:35 PM »
When was Nyong'o anti-Moi? Was he ever detained, arrested, questioned, exiled, denied a salary? In fact when was Moi ever anti-Nyong'o?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 03:59:52 PM »
Then we are fine. CORD have given bullet points. Once the bill is drafted...we will support or oppose it based on it's merit. I opposed Pesa Mashinani for most of last year. But mid this yr i have realized it now an imperative.

For instance on IEBC...the voters are counted in polling station...and results have to be transmitted somehow. So you proposition is already in place.

Where exactly do you want IEBC strengthened?  9 commissioners? The secretariat? Electronic transmission?

Maybe CCTV cameras in every polling station? all available in public feed where one can log in to any polling station and check was is going on..on real time.

CORD is addressing its pesa mashinani through OKOA. As much as some CORD governors are helping COG to move its agenda, the bottom line is that they are with OKOA and know at some point will need a few Jubilee counties owing to the unprecedented bribery of MCAs in some places like Migori and Nairobi.

You are falling for propaganda again and I can't understand why. I posted here the real deal containing the CORD issues. There was no rotational presidency in it. The IEBC is to be strengthened. What is wrong with reforms such as results declared at polling stations as is the case with other elections - MCA, MP, Senator and Governor? The declaration at the polling station should have the legal weight while the "announcement" at Bomas by some crooked and lazy Commissioner keen to be seen on TV should have no value beyond being a show and public information. Counting votes at polling stations saw the end of perennial presidential vote rigging in Mexico.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 04:19:47 PM »
I recall the negro fighting tooth and nail to save Ken-Re from being auctioned dirt poor back in the 90s. PK was the MD and Esther Koimett was somewhere. He would not do that if he was a Nyayo sychophant
When was Nyong'o anti-Moi? Was he ever detained, arrested, questioned, exiled, denied a salary? In fact when was Moi ever anti-Nyong'o?

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 04:24:41 PM »
I recall the negro fighting tooth and nail to save Ken-Re from being auctioned dirt poor back in the 90s. PK was the MD and Esther Koimett was somewhere. He would not do that if he was a Nyayo sychophant
I haven't said he was or is a nyayo sycophant.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 04:30:05 PM »
Sorry, anti-Moi..replace sycophant with anti-Moi
I haven't said he was or is a nyayo sycophant.