Author Topic: Chebukati's Tough Memo to Chiloba  (Read 16047 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Chebukati's Tough Memo to Chiloba
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2017, 03:42:40 PM »
NASA's knows that they cannot get rid of the Commission within 60 days so they are stuck with a band aid solution that Chebukati has hatched as the only politically viable solution.  The only way to resolve this problem properly is for some kind of an arrangement with Jubilee, where a version of nusu makate is put in place for a period of six months to one year to make the necessary changes before election.  There is no political will for this kind of a solution and therefore it seems that the Chebukati hybrid plan is the only one viable. If NASA wins, you will see a lot of changes in the electoral process but if Jubilee wins, there will be no appetite for change on their part because they benefit from this chaos, irregularities, illegalities, corruption, incompetence and impunity in the voting process. 

Chebuketi's memo is an admission that he like kiviutu in 2007 did not know who won.  You wonder why he announced the results if he did not have all the 34a's.  At least Kiviutu told us that he was forced. He said the men who picked him up to make the announcement should have never been born.  Chebuketi needs to tell us why he made the premature declaration that ouru had won without verification.  Did the same men came to see him.  Ouru was cleared by the court for wrong doing but it is very hard to believe that IEBC acted alone.
KM,
Tell you what, I have no idea why despite what you just said,which is clear from the memo,NASWA are still somewhat convinced Chebukati is clean and Chilobye ain't.

I started a thread on IEBC's structure of commission and secretariat and apart from poking holes at it, i wanted a discourse on who takes the flak for the invalidation. I think as it stands, it is next to impossible to blame one and not the other commissioner,or either secretariat or commissioners because their jobs overlap.
What NASWA can/should/will do is irrelevant. They are largely sympathetic to a man who probably bears bigger responsibility for the current position than anybody else. That's what is not sensible to me.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2017, 04:37:49 PM »
I personally do not sympathize with Chebukati, he knew there were shenanigans going on and he was ready to cover it up until Maraga's court called him out.  Had the court ruled in their favor, I do not think Chebukati would have written that Memo to Chiloba.  However, chebukati still seems to be the lesser of the two evils and the harder one to get rid of. NASA does not have good options because they are out of power.

NASA can: 1) agree to the 10/17/2017 election date with a special secretariat as put together by Chebukati with all the rigging landmines still intact in the system.  2) boycott the elections and Ouru rides to the presidency unopposed 3) suggest a nusu makate caretaker government while a new commission is put into place and invite ridicule from all sides. Unless the court comes up with another bombshell in their findings, #1 is the best option for NASA. Also, if IEBC, collapses on its own then NASA can ask for a caretaker government while a new commission and secretariat is put together. All tough choices.

NASA's knows that they cannot get rid of the Commission within 60 days so they are stuck with a band aid solution that Chebukati has hatched as the only politically viable solution.  The only way to resolve this problem properly is for some kind of an arrangement with Jubilee, where a version of nusu makate is put in place for a period of six months to one year to make the necessary changes before election.  There is no political will for this kind of a solution and therefore it seems that the Chebukati hybrid plan is the only one viable. If NASA wins, you will see a lot of changes in the electoral process but if Jubilee wins, there will be no appetite for change on their part because they benefit from this chaos, irregularities, illegalities, corruption, incompetence and impunity in the voting process. 

Chebuketi's memo is an admission that he like kiviutu in 2007 did not know who won.  You wonder why he announced the results if he did not have all the 34a's.  At least Kiviutu told us that he was forced. He said the men who picked him up to make the announcement should have never been born.  Chebuketi needs to tell us why he made the premature declaration that ouru had won without verification.  Did the same men came to see him.  Ouru was cleared by the court for wrong doing but it is very hard to believe that IEBC acted alone.
KM,
Tell you what, I have no idea why despite what you just said,which is clear from the memo,NASWA are still somewhat convinced Chebukati is clean and Chilobye ain't.

I started a thread on IEBC's structure of commission and secretariat and apart from poking holes at it, i wanted a discourse on who takes the flak for the invalidation. I think as it stands, it is next to impossible to blame one and not the other commissioner,or either secretariat or commissioners because their jobs overlap.
What NASWA can/should/will do is irrelevant. They are largely sympathetic to a man who probably bears bigger responsibility for the current position than anybody else. That's what is not sensible to me.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2017, 04:47:12 PM »
Kichwa, I don't see why there needs to be a nusu mkate govt in any event. If Chebukati needs some more time, he can get three more months with the govt as is. Why is no. 3 the only other option? Of those three you've listed, no. 2 is the best for me. No. 1 is horrible and no. 3 is out of the question. If Jubilee do what has been said by Higgins, there is absolutely no point in going for elections.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2017, 06:03:48 PM »
I personally do not sympathize with Chebukati, he knew there were shenanigans going on and he was ready to cover it up until Maraga's court called him out.  Had the court ruled in their favor, I do not think Chebukati would have written that Memo to Chiloba.  However, chebukati still seems to be the lesser of the two evils and the harder one to get rid of. NASA does not have good options because they are out of power.

NASA can: 1) agree to the 10/17/2017 election date with a special secretariat as put together by Chebukati with all the rigging landmines still intact in the system.  2) boycott the elections and Ouru rides to the presidency unopposed 3) suggest a nusu makate caretaker government while a new commission is put into place and invite ridicule from all sides. Unless the court comes up with another bombshell in their findings, #1 is the best option for NASA. Also, if IEBC, collapses on its own then NASA can ask for a caretaker government while a new commission and secretariat is put together. All tough choices.

KM,

Actually NASWA has zero options
1. Nobody is even entertaining nusu mkate
2. Boycotting elections saves Jubilee time and money
3. 17th is irreversible

Their ONLY shot is pushing for accountability and transparency from IEBC as they campaign. But they also need to be transparent themselves in their interactions  with IEBC. Every meeting, every progress should be publicised as much as frustrations. Otherwise Jubilee will control the narrative .

They can also pray that their petitions will succeed and ruin Jubilee's tyranny
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2017, 06:47:41 PM »
Just because NASA's options are not apparent to you does not mean they do not have any. Some options are not for public discussion.

KM,

3. 17th is irreversible

Their ONLY shot is pushing for accountability and transparency from IEBC as they campaign. But they also need to be transparent themselves in their interactions  with IEBC. Every meeting, every progress should be publicised as much as frustrations. Otherwise Jubilee will control the narrative .

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2017, 06:51:13 PM »
Its more complex than that.  This president has very limited powers legally cannot therefore constitute a new Commission if that were to be the case.  You may therefore need an interim arrangement for the government to fully function if more time is required.

Kichwa, I don't see why there needs to be a nusu mkate govt in any event. If Chebukati needs some more time, he can get three more months with the govt as is. Why is no. 3 the only other option? Of those three you've listed, no. 2 is the best for me. No. 1 is horrible and no. 3 is out of the question. If Jubilee do what has been said by Higgins, there is absolutely no point in going for elections.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2017, 09:37:52 PM »
Just because NASA's options are not apparent to you does not mean they do not have any. Some options are not for public discussion.

KM,

3. 17th is irreversible

Sure, their options are limited by your imagination