Author Topic: Oparanya Vs Malala  (Read 1019 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Oparanya Vs Malala
« on: August 22, 2017, 04:59:47 PM »
The idea of senator oversight job over Governor to me makes little sense if they are from the same party.

They campaigned together so they probably are buddies,and have a party interest to guard. How on earth does one bark at the other?

For this, I believe Sakaja will struggle to make his mark, unless he shines elsewhere like in legislation.

So I was pleasantly surprised to see these two exhibiting infantile rivalry barely a day into their term. Kakamega will shine no doubt
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Oparanya Vs Malala
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 05:16:27 PM »
That was stupid mistake by Oparanya. He soon will be sweating because Jubilee has the senate and he just lost Malala.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 05:21:39 PM »
The idea of senator oversight job over Governor to me makes little sense if they are from the same party.

They campaigned together so they probably are buddies,and have a party interest to guard. How on earth does one bark at the other?

For this, I believe Sakaja will struggle to make his mark, unless he shines elsewhere like in legislation.

So I was pleasantly surprised to see these two exhibiting infantile rivalry barely a day into their term. Kakamega will shine no doubt

It makes no sense to me under any circumstances.  Maybe because my initial exposure to the senate was the US system.  I see a Senator as a representative of a county to check the National Government.  He should have no say in the running of the county.  Each county already has its MCAs to check the governor.

I am also not a huge fan of these ceremonial inaugurations.  They can be done on a Monday when a judge shows up to swear them in at their offices.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 05:22:48 PM »
I want Oparanya to do well and go National. He is my hope for PORK

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 12:34:04 PM »
Another county destined for greatness is Narok.
Governor Tunai(Jubilee)Vs Senator Ledama (ODM)

http://www.nation.co.ke/counties/narok/Tunai-Narok-senator-war-of-words/1183318-4067382-view-asAMP-ladui5/index.html
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 12:41:47 PM »
Jubilee controlled the senate 2013-2017. Oparanya was governor. He was intimidated and threatened to leave ODM. He resisted and he has been re-elected despite Jubilee bankrolling his opponent. What has changed?

Politics is about having an opponent. A worthy opponent to help galvanize your base. The jubilee model of annihilating opposition is suicide.

BTW ALL those MPs that Pundit was boasting about in Kilifi... that they had crossed to Jubilee and therefore Kilifi has SHIFTED... does anybody recall.... They LOST!!!

Not even the algorithm could help them. From now on please know that the defection of an MP or MCA is equal to crap. They have no influence unless they are defecting to the wishes of the people.

That was stupid mistake by Oparanya. He soon will be sweating because Jubilee has the senate and he just lost Malala.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 12:54:41 PM »
2013-2017 Senate was bit 50-50. This time round Jubilee has clear majority. You don't want to mess with that. Oparanya & Malala belong to NASA - I wonder why they cannot even agree on sitting positions.As for Kilifi - mmh I think Kambi Kazungu mistreatment diluted all the work done by Jubilee. That only county Jubilee didn't make any gains btw 2013 and 2017 is Kilifi & Mombasa. I think Joho-Kingi have proven their worthy -and Jubilee need to make a deal with them - after some more balls squeezing.

Obviously MOAS is out there - I didn't expect a big shift - in Kilifi or Mombasa. I hit Mombasa on the bulls-eye. I expect Jubilee to get to 30% of Kilifi - they ended up stuck at 15%. Kilifi,Tana River, West Pokot and Isiolo are counties I got wrong - Jubilee did fair worse than I anticipated. You can add Garissa and Lamu. Jubilee well turned tables on NASA in Nyamira, Kisii & Wajir...otherwise I am nearly on money on the rest of the counties..which is awesome pundit.

Jubilee controlled the senate 2013-2017. Oparanya was governor. He was intimidated and threatened to leave ODM. He resisted and he has been re-elected despite Jubilee bankrolling his opponent. What has changed?e

Politics is about having an opponent. A worthy opponent to help galvanize your base. The jubilee model of annihilating opposition is suicide.

BTW ALL those MPs that Pundit was boasting about in Kilifi... that they had crossed to Jubilee and therefore Kilifi has SHIFTED... does anybody recall.... They LOST!!!

Not even the algorithm could help them. From now on please know that the defection of an MP or MCA is equal to crap. They have no influence unless they are defecting to the wishes of the people.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 06:06:54 PM »
2013-2017 Senate was bit 50-50. This time round Jubilee has clear majority. You don't want to mess with that. Oparanya & Malala belong to NASA - I wonder why they cannot even agree on sitting positions.As for Kilifi - mmh I think Kambi Kazungu mistreatment diluted all the work done by Jubilee. That only county Jubilee didn't make any gains btw 2013 and 2017 is Kilifi & Mombasa. I think Joho-Kingi have proven their worthy -and Jubilee need to make a deal with them - after some more balls squeezing.

Obviously MOAS is out there - I didn't expect a big shift - in Kilifi or Mombasa. I hit Mombasa on the bulls-eye. I expect Jubilee to get to 30% of Kilifi - they ended up stuck at 15%. Kilifi,Tana River, West Pokot and Isiolo are counties I got wrong - Jubilee did fair worse than I anticipated. You can add Garissa and Lamu. Jubilee well turned tables on NASA in Nyamira, Kisii & Wajir...otherwise I am nearly on money on the rest of the counties..which is awesome pundit.

I think you underestimate rivalry within NASWA between Luos and Luhyas.