Author Topic: Akombe Detained at JKIA while fleeing  (Read 4781 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Akombe Detained at JKIA while fleeing
« on: August 16, 2017, 10:32:01 AM »
Or so would NASWA have it

IEBC weighs in

Itumbi too

Here's NASWA's version

IEBC Commissioner Roseline Akombe was last night removed  from the plane while heading to the U.S., she was held in custody over the night. Jubilee uncomfortable with her travel perhaps fearing she might spill the bean on the rigging that happened at Bomas.
https://www.kenyanlivefeed.com/the-moment-roselyn-akombe-was-removed-from-the-plane-and-arrested/

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Akombe Detained at JKIA while fleeing
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 10:41:46 AM »

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 10:55:25 AM »
Why should JKA officials apologize for a civil service mistake? This scandal is timely.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 10:57:23 AM »
So where is the Constitutional independence if a mandarin controls their movements?
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 11:08:07 AM »
Reminds me of a time Mutunga left 'without clearance' or something

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 11:10:51 AM »
:)
Reminds me of a time Mutunga left 'without clearance' or something

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 11:20:29 AM »
This clearance thing has to be challenged in court and completely eliminated. The constitution grants all people the freedom of movement and the right to travel without qualifications.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 01:45:04 PM »
Somebody somewhere is very paranoid about the recent "landslide" election.

Dead fish always come a float... FACT

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 01:52:09 PM »
This comment is a prophesy...

Maybe a sticky thread for IEBC officer death watch and tally of disappearances is appropriate.

This "victory" is going to be very expensive in all sorts of ways.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 02:23:46 PM »
I saw how excited Roselyn was at the vetting committee... she was gona foster "trust" at the IEBC :o... and build bridges among the various stakeholders. Such naivety. Adding Kenyan elections to her international resume is a blot. She needs to return to her UN job while she can.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 03:46:52 PM »
I saw how excited Roselyn was at the vetting committee... she was gona foster "trust" at the IEBC :o... and build bridges among the various stakeholders. Such naivety. Adding Kenyan elections to her international resume is a blot. She needs to return to her UN job while she can.
SAD!!!!
She is a great person. She is a US citizen just you know.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 03:50:05 PM »
If I worked at IEBC and produced such results I would immediately find an international seminar, meeting or something to attend for a few days or weeks. Never mind that this is less than a week after elections and a flurry of petitions are gearing up to be heard and my presence is required.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 03:57:08 PM »
I am sure the way Msando was killed send chills down their spins.  She has an opportunity to redeem herself by calling a press conference in New York and coming clean like Githongo did. Eating the money and keeping quiet is not an option to be admired or sympathized with.

SAD!!!!
She is a great person. She is a US citizen just you know.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 05:31:42 PM »
She could testify via video link. Or risk it and come in person.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 05:55:43 PM »
Kenya is a Mafia society that can not be reformed.
The only way to reform it is to turn over election to county boards. An innocent Msando was killed because of elections.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2017, 06:26:12 PM »
County election boards is one option but also we should seriously consider the parliamentary system  so that we can completely eliminate the presidency.  I think the presidency is a big part of the tribalism, corruption and impunity  in this country because of the way it was abused by Kenyatta and Moi.  We need a fresh start with a new concept of government and a new name for the CEO of our country just to do away with that terrible legacy that Kenyattaa and Moi created.   

The only way to reform it is to turn over election to county boards. An innocent Msando was killed because of elections.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 06:29:45 PM »
County election boards is one option but also we should seriously consider the parliamentary system  so that we can completely eliminate the presidency.  I think the presidency is a big part of the tribalism, corruption and impunity  in this country because of the way it was abused by Kenyatta and Moi.  We need a fresh start with a new concept of government and a new name for the CEO of our country just to do away with that terrible legacy that Kenyattaa and Moi created.   

About constitution, I think a full-on Federal government is what is needed.  As it stands right now, Kenya is a colony for the benefit of 2 tribes.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 07:04:52 PM »

Agreed. Was thinking the same. It's the symbolism of it all.

I don't know why we emulate everything from the west and take zero inspiration from our own culture which was very collegial and anti central leadership. I read that the Kikuyu for example, had uthamaki installed for sometime in the 18th century but only for a short while because soon thereafter the elders determined it was bad for the people: the muthamaki tended to act for his own interests and not the people's interests as had been the norm of leadership  in the community, so they demolished it and ensured collegial leadership at all levels. The top chief, part of the topmost collegial structure was more of a symbol than anything.

Why do we even have a "president" or a "prime minister" in our part of the world? Why isn't he the "chief" or "Laibon" or the "Orkoiyot" Why have an adversarial parliamentary system and not the Njuri ncheke? We despise them because they are ours.

I believe these are the things that brought war to Africa in my opinion. These western systems do not go with our culture. Yes, Kenyatta took advantage of the African collegial spirit of the nationalists of the early years but it was only because he tasted and then was tempted by the power of these Western central systems. He then became obsessed with keeping it from those who expected him to continue in the team spirit and unity of before. But he was like them until the presidency seduced him.

We are always talking about the ills of colonialism and the first and second president but I think our leaders made the blunder of crafting systems that took no account of African values of leadership at all. We borrowed nothing from our own history. We just continued with the same contemptuous attitude to everything African that we inherited from the colonists who demolished those systems in the first place. We are essentially an English experiment. We could have borrowed some and still retained something fundamentally African.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2017, 07:20:25 PM »
Exactly, we borrowed the multi-party system democracy from the west and borrowed the one party system from the totalitarian regimes of  communist Russia and China.  Kenya is at crossroads, we are very close to finding a solution for our problem of governance yet only one wrong move like the one Mutunga court made can set us back years.  The Maraga court will get another opportunity to set this country in the right path or kick the can down the road again.  I wish they would realize that they can make history by thinking outside the box like King Solomon did. 

Agreed. Was thinking the same. It's the symbolism of it all.

I don't know why we emulate everything from the west and take zero inspiration from our own culture which was very collegial and anti central leadership. I read that the Kikuyu for example, had uthamaki installed for sometime in the 18th century but only for a short while because soon thereafter the elders determined it was bad for the people: the muthamaki tended to act for his own interests and not the people's interests as had been the norm of leadership  in the community, so they demolished it and ensured collegial leadership at all levels. The top chief, part of the topmost collegial structure was more of a symbol than anything.

Why do we even have a "president" or a "prime minister" in our part of the world? Why isn't he the "chief" or "Laibon" or the "Orkoiyot" Why have an adversarial parliamentary system and not the Njuri ncheke? We despise them because they are ours.

I believe these are the things that brought war to Africa in my opinion. These western systems do not go with our culture. Yes, Kenyatta took advantage of the African collegial spirit of the nationalists of the early years but it was only because he tasted and then was tempted by the power of these Western central systems. He then became obsessed with keeping it from those who expected him to continue in the team spirit and unity of before. But he was like them until the presidency seduced him.

We are always talking about the ills of colonialism and the first and second president but I think our leaders made the blunder of crafting systems that took no account of African values of leadership at all. We borrowed nothing from our own history. We just continued with the same contemptuous attitude to everything African that we inherited from the colonists who demolished those systems in the first place. We are essentially an English experiment. We could have borrowed some and still retained something fundamentally African.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2017, 07:26:28 PM »
With Ruto in charge dont expect any change that will benefit all.
I know the voting went well but what happened after that?
I thought returning officers from each polling booth submitted their numbers. Were these changed???