Author Topic: Kimeumana! ICC Summons Uhuru Kenyatta  (Read 12226 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Kimeumana! ICC Summons Uhuru Kenyatta
« on: September 19, 2014, 06:16:56 PM »
Separately, to facilitate the fair and expeditious conduct of proceedings, the Chamber convenes a second status conference on Wednesday, 8 October 2014 to discuss the issues raised in the Notice and the responses thereto. Given the critical juncture of the proceedings and the matters to be considered, the accused is required to be present at
the status conference on 8 October 2014

SCHEDULES a status conference for 10:00am on Wednesday, 8 October 2014, at which the accused is required to be present;

[pdf]http://www.icc-cpi.int/iccdocs/doc/doc1832323.pdf[/pdf]
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline George Lamming

• Superstar
Re: Kimeumana! ICC Summons Uhuru Kenyatta
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 06:30:25 PM »
 8) No time...next!
Malaki 3:16 "Then they that feared the LORD spoke often one to another: and the LORD listened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought on his name."

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 06:38:21 PM »
Omorlo,
what do you mean kuumana? The negro will not miss for nuthin
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 06:50:02 PM »
Omollo,
As much as I personally could like to see justice, this is going nowhere. No was a sitting president is going to be prosecuted. Its the nature of things. But, this will drag on for the next 30yrs and the beneficiaries may be grand kids - that is if they persue the case.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 06:54:13 PM »
The ICC never indicted a sitting Kenyan president.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 07:11:06 PM »
It is what it is, so we cant deny facts.
This case will drag on for years to come - if the affected push it, but I dont see it going anywhere as long as the accused are in power. Best is to form a mechanism to ensure that it goes on for a loong time and records are not destroyed.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 07:20:46 PM »
Crimes against humanity, War crimes etc have no statutes of limitations nor is the age of the accused a factor so one can still be charged with offences years after fact.
It is what it is, so we cant deny facts.
This case will drag on for years to come - if the affected push it, but I dont see it going anywhere as long as the accused are in power. Best is to form a mechanism to ensure that it goes on for a loong time and records are not destroyed.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 09:20:22 PM »
kamwana should be able to attend both status conferences if he feels like.  Because a Kenyan rep has been invited to the first one as well. 

kamwana is required, no ifs or buts, to attend the second status conference.  I have marked that date on my calendar.

Relevant links. 

http://icc-cpi.int/iccdocs/PIDS/publications/kenyatta-qa-19-09-2014-eng.pdf

http://icc-cpi.int/iccdocs/doc/doc1832323.pdf

The quality of their pdfs has gone down a notch the past few years.  I think they are now scanning documents rather than transforming data.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 09:25:59 PM »
Termie

According to Consigliere Mortician, the word "Require" is not compulsory. I hope he will not advise Jitoto that way. Otherwise he will end up with an arrest warrant.

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 09:28:39 PM »
Uhuru needs CALM sober people around him between now and October 8th. NO STUNTS. He's been doing great so far.

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 09:45:23 PM »
Termie

According to Consigliere Mortician, the word "Require" is not compulsory. I hope he will not advise Jitoto that way. Otherwise he will end up with an arrest warrant.
The squealing mortician will squeeze drops out of a stone if given a chance.  I am thinking he will be present in the first status conference hoping to proffer unsolicited advice.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline George Lamming

• Superstar
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 10:08:34 PM »
 8) Seems like some team is preparing to take that day off. Remember Kamwana told you 'hague ti ya nyukwa...'. Wake me up on the 10th.
Malaki 3:16 "Then they that feared the LORD spoke often one to another: and the LORD listened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought on his name."

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 10:20:11 PM »
8) Seems like some team is preparing to take that day off. Remember Kamwana told you 'hague ti ya nyukwa...'. Wake me up on the 10th.
Not everybody can cheer Uhuru Kenyatta. You have your right to cheer him and let me enjoy my right to jeer him.

The propaganda about Raila taking Uhuru to the Hague is long discredited by the very purveyors of the falsehood. So perhaps its time you read your memos. Matusi has two simultaneous audiences:
1. The target of the invective (which includes his sympathisers)
2. Supporters of the purveyor or dispenser of the invective.

The fact that you are still celebrating Jitoto's darkest hour show where you belong.

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 10:51:13 PM »
Not everybody can cheer Uhuru Kenyatta. You have your right to cheer him and let me enjoy my right to jeer him.

The propaganda about Raila taking Uhuru to the Hague is long discredited by the very purveyors of the falsehood. So perhaps its time you read your memos. Matusi has two simultaneous audiences:
1. The target of the invective (which includes his sympathisers)
2. Supporters of the purveyor or dispenser of the invective.

The fact that you are still celebrating Jitoto's darkest hour show where you belong.
Omollo,

I think the cheerleading is irrelevant.  To the dates.  The requirement.  Kwa nyukwa. Kwa nyina.  Nobody cares.  If kamwana's version of Katwa Kigen can pull a rabbit out of his hat.  That is an interesting discussion.  Otherwise, don't permit your thread to get derailed by that.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 10:25:08 AM »
My prediction. After the case has been adjourned indefinitely the Judges will want to reiterate or alter conditions for bail.Uhuru has to be present so new bail conditions are read to him again.

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 04:06:25 PM »
The jubilant is a deer in headlights.  He has a buffer overrun.  On whether being present really means....well...being present.  My take is the judges want to see him.  They want to smell his sweat.  They want to hold their noses when he yawns.  I stand to be corrected.
Confusion reigned Sunday on whether President Uhuru Kenyatta will be required to attend court at The Hague in person or do so by video link.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Jubilee-in-crisis-talks-over-Uhuru-ICC-case/-/1064/2461052/-/wsk9fez/-/index.html

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwambaya

• Regular
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 04:11:20 PM »
I do not know why these people take the presidency so seriously. So what is the big deal if Ouru appears at the ICC.  This elevation of the presidency to some kind of god status is sickening. Ouru is just a drunk rich boy who stole elections and became president.  Why can't he bring his ass to court when the court needs him to be there. 

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 04:23:08 PM »
I just find the circus that Uhuru keeps around him entertaining. Instead of having zero publicity about it, talking to his lawyers, sending a question to chamber on whether they want him in person or video and being told in person, then flying out early to the Netherlands, touring the country and then using public means to go to the court and be over with it, he is going to humiliate himself.

His people are already making threats which the judges will read. This will harden their positions as if they grant a video link or excuse him, the World would think they have been intimidated. So they will grab on to their power and use it. That means he will be summoned in person as long as the threats keep falling.

Then he will travel to The Hague like three American presidents. Limos, motorcade, outriders and extremely arrogant and pushy security. By the time he is leaving, he would have annoyed thousands of ordinary citizens and attracted a suit of two from those who will be assaulted by his "security".

Why all this?

Offline chiethakuodha

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 04:28:38 PM »
Sickening.  Jubilee team are falling over themselves in his defence and purporting to be the spokesmen for Kenyans shame!  As far as we, the beneficiaries of the atrocities are concerned, closure will only come after the court acquits him and tells us who did these horrible things to us PERIOD11
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction".

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 04:42:41 PM »
I think he will apply for video link and that will be granted or denied based on set rules (exceptional);
The jubilant is a deer in headlights.  He has a buffer overrun.  On whether being present really means....well...being present.  My take is the judges want to see him.  They want to smell his sweat.  They want to hold their noses when he yawns.  I stand to be corrected.