Author Topic: They are about to announce Uhuru winner on TV  (Read 4660 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: They are about to announce Uhuru winner on TV
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2017, 04:10:06 PM »
They have until Tuesday.  There are still questions swirling around.  They should hold off for now.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2017, 04:17:06 PM »
NASWA is employing delay tactics.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2017, 04:19:07 PM »
IEBC isnt NASA vooke.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 04:26:40 PM »
IEBC isnt NASA vooke.

Let me help a bit.
NASWA went to Bomas, held a closed door meeting with commissioners. They came out and said there are several issues that need to be resolved before announcing.

1. NASWA needs access to IEBC servers so they can verify whether indeed hacking took place. They say Jubilee is invited.
2. Another claim is IEBC has only 29K forms 34A while Ezra Chiloba said they have all but 2.
3. That there are glaring errors in the portal bla bla

Their prayers is to suspend announcing the results till these issues are resolved.

What I believe is the best is, NASWA should make public whatever they shared with IEBC as they have always done before. IEBC should do what it deems fit; either go ahead with the announcement or halt

As it were, NASWA withholding from the public what they shared covers them from public scrutiny which means you can't judge if it is frivolous. I'm skeptical of NASWA claims seeing it's a marked departure from their previous handling of the so called 'leakages'
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2017, 04:45:32 PM »
Time wasting.Go to court.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2017, 04:50:42 PM »
First things first. Do not worry about going to court. There will be enough time for that if NASA chooses to.  BTW why is the police still raiding NASA centers?

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2017, 04:58:26 PM »
Yep, NASWA is wasting time shopping for fresh 'evidens '

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2017, 05:50:58 PM »
Raila should not concede, let the chip fall where they may....

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2017, 05:59:48 PM »
When IEBC is satisfied they can announce anytime they want. What has NASA got to do with that.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2017, 06:01:46 PM »

IEBC can announce anytime they want. What has NASA got to do with that.

They have a week from the election day. Given that there are major accusations going back and forth, it makes sense that they take as much time as possible to put all, or at least most doubts, to bed, before making the announcement.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2017, 06:35:43 PM »
Termie,
As I said, I have no problem with IEBC receiving complaints queries and all, but NASWA's last demand reeks of time wasting because unlike others they have withheld their claims from the public, and are demanding a tad too much information, an audit.

If there's rigging and they got shreds of evidence, they should go public with it. As it were, they are essentially demanding to audit IEBC database. How different is this from demanding IEBC accounts for all the ballots,as well as interrogating the rather high number of spoilt ballots, or flawed transport contracts that ocassioned delay and poor turnout or anything else?

By your own admission, NASWA is full of shiet and you wish Omorlo would advise them to abandon that line without anything concrete.  Barely 24hrs, they asked IEBC to declare Babu and Kalozer as the president. NASWA is not serious or has not given any reason to be taken seriously.

It's a shame that NASWA Is desperately clinging to hacking theories which have nothing to do with forms 34A,B and of course the mother of all, Form 34C

If IEBC is to spend its 7 days window, it should be on executing its mandate, and not entertaining sore losers who are keeping their gonads crossed that new incriminating info may fall on their laps with passage of time.

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2017, 06:47:39 PM »
From what I understand, they are asking for access to the IEBC servers for themselves, Jubilee, media and stake holders. They say they are ready to accept whatever is in those servers. If there's nothing there, NASA will simply embarrass themselves like yesterday, and Raila will give his consession speech.

I say let them. This is the best way to resolve it as they have said themselves that they will accept it.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2017, 06:58:43 PM »
From what I understand, they are asking for access to the IEBC servers for themselves, Jubilee, media and stake holders. They say they are ready to accept whatever is in those servers. If there's nothing there, NASA will simply embarrass themselves like yesterday, and Raila will give his consession speech.

I say let them. This is the best way to resolve it as they have said themselves that they will accept it.
Kadame,
I believe we overrate Babu's concession. Frankly speaking, it's irrelevant.

NASWA has severally on various occasions claimed the elections were not free and fair. They have called them a sham affecting not just the presidential but all the 6 elections. Yesterday, Babu was categorical the elections were hacked.

They did this WITHOUT accessing IEBC servers. So I don't see how accessing the servers will make them reverse themselves. It's simply an issue of making an offer IEBC can't accept so they can claim the rejection is suspect and push IEBC on the defensive.

What I know almost with certainty is, NASWA is headed to SCOK regardless of what IEBC does or does not do

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2017, 07:16:30 PM »
Termie,
As I said, I have no problem with IEBC receiving complaints queries and all, but NASWA's last demand reeks of time wasting because unlike others they have withheld their claims from the public, and are demanding a tad too much information, an audit.

If there's rigging and they got shreds of evidence, they should go public with it. As it were, they are essentially demanding to audit IEBC database. How different is this from demanding IEBC accounts for all the ballots,as well as interrogating the rather high number of spoilt ballots, or flawed transport contracts that ocassioned delay and poor turnout or anything else?

By your own admission, NASWA is full of shiet and you wish Omorlo would advise them to abandon that line without anything concrete.  Barely 24hrs, they asked IEBC to declare Babu and Kalozer as the president. NASWA is not serious or has not given any reason to be taken seriously.

It's a shame that NASWA Is desperately clinging to hacking theories which have nothing to do with forms 34A,B and of course the mother of all, Form 34C

If IEBC is to spend its 7 days window, it should be on executing its mandate, and not entertaining sore losers who are keeping their gonads crossed that new incriminating info may fall on their laps with passage of time.

They have until Tuesday.  The prudent thing to do is for Chebukati to make sure all the loose ends are tied.  There is no point rushing, and then being forced to hold another election soon thereafter by a SCOK decision.  Of course that is purely hypothetical in Kenya's situation.  But it can't hurt Chebukati to cover all the bases.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2017, 07:18:23 PM »

I am not sure about that.  If you saw David Ndii's interview, they are saying that the stuff we are seeing is fiction.  If that is the stuff they find in the database, I am not sure how that changes that idea.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2017, 07:20:42 PM »
vooke, they have set a clear term for concession, its better for a country's healing, if all the parties give their blessing to the result IEBC announces. They are not saying they will go to court, they are saying they will accept and move on. If I were Uhuru, Id give them my support. Maybe this is the only way the principals can calm their political juniours and bases. Its not too big. Let them have at it.

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2017, 07:22:53 PM »

I am not sure about that.  If you saw David Ndii's interview, they are saying that the stuff we are seeing is fiction.  If that is the stuff they find in the database, I am not sure how that changes that idea.
The belief is that the servers contain information that is different from what we are seeing. This has gone on long enough. Let them satisfy their suspicions and move on. We all know Uhuru is going to be sworn in...lets wrap this up.

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2017, 07:40:03 PM »

The belief is that the servers contain information that is different from what we are seeing. This has gone on long enough. Let them satisfy their suspicions and move on. We all know Uhuru is going to be sworn in...lets wrap this up.

Yes.  They believe that.  But there are two levels.  If you watched that interview, they also believe that this information that is different from what we are seeing, is also different from their own separate tallying.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2017, 07:43:49 PM »
vooke, they have set a clear term for concession, its better for a country's healing, if all the parties give their blessing to the result IEBC announces. They are not saying they will go to court, they are saying they will accept and move on. If I were Uhuru, Id give them my support. Maybe this is the only way the principals can calm their political juniours and bases. Its not too big. Let them have at it.

You shouldn't be sure of what Orengo/DVD states

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2017, 07:48:00 PM »
Kadame,
You know too well none of their demands will satisfy them.

I just walked into another brief by Orengo where he bashed Kerry and Mbeki suggesting they were unfit to be Observers. They also said they are walking out of Bomas. As I told you, they make an offer that can't be accepted and throw tantrums over non-acceptance. They have meddled too much. Think for a second what would be happening if Jubilee was the one doing this. Just think about that

Orengo said Kenyans have resisted subversion of democracy bla bla....the suggestion is police are free to waste a few bullets saving lives and property.