Author Topic: Msando must NOT die in vein like Mbai did?  (Read 4861 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Msando must NOT die in vein like Mbai did?
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2017, 01:18:44 PM »
Pundit is a Ruto fanatic - that's his right - but he's just one Kenyan who doesn't control anyone but his family.

Personally I am wary of Ruto's Kagameesque politics - where visions and ideals are so paramount they can only be achieved by iron grip on all institutions. Rather than be distracted by democratic debate. I wouldn't put it past him to now go for the judiciary - after parliamentary conquest - and to resort to authoritarian tactics where money or cajoling fail.

But he would not be the first dictator to happen in the world. All dictators have to contend with the realities of the 21st century - social media, human rights, activists, etc. He is much more likely to fail than succeed. Mr 99% is right next door and Pundit himself often opposes him.

This is just normal ups and downs in the democratic journey. Nothing to worry about. The issue for me is whether Rutoism is to be a benevolent dictatorship - which is welcome - or just plain old Moism.

Whenever I see Ruto and visions and ideals in the same vicinity, my bullshit meter goes berserk.  That might make sense though if you are Farouk Kibet.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2017, 01:58:02 PM »
I am sorry Robina but this is NOT a Normal up and down in the growth of a democracy. The aim is to destroy democracy. That is why they are going after strong leaders like Raila, Isaac Ruto, Munya and Joho is next. Do not underestimate Ruto and the likes of Pundit. Democracy is very fragile and cannot survive massive corruption and impunity like we have in Kenya. Democracy is like an egg which must be protected by everyone. The reason why kalenjin like pundit hate Raila because without him they can smell the glory days of Moism. They want Raila out of the way so that they can have a one party state. Ati opposition should do their job?  There will be no opposition once Raila exits the scene. They have cut all the funding avenues for opposition. They target their domestic and international funding sources and they deport their international experts at will. How can you have a meaningful opposition in an atmosphere like that. WSR and his kalenjin supporters like pundit are democracy's worst nightmare.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline einstein_g

• Superstar
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2017, 02:47:17 PM »
Jubilee is strongly inspired by the Communist Party of Kenya. They even sent officials there for training.

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 02:57:59 PM »
Jubilee is strongly inspired by the Communist Party of Kenya. They even sent officials there for training.
Jubilee wouldnt last a year in China's Communist Party. The Chinese execute high ranking officials for corruption. They have great respect for institutions, not personalities. You should read about how they hold elections from the villages then through several bureaucratic levels leadin up to the level that selects the president. Then how they set developmental/economic plans every 5 years or so..none of these are "executive" decisions proper as we understand these in Western based systems. Jubilee doesnt seem to me to care about institutions at all. The Chinese system is also a strict meritocracy on top.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2017, 03:59:38 PM »
Robina, why do I think you read into Ruto more than he is? He won't make a dictator much as you may wish. He's just a hustla consolidating his tribal enclave
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2017, 04:01:01 PM »
Robina, why do I think you read into Ruto more than he is? He won't make a dictator much as you may wish. He's just a hustla consolidating his tribal enclave

A thief, if you ask Muteshi.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2017, 04:03:03 PM »
Another myth Ourru and Ruto promoted is that opposition slowed down development. Just like democracy cannot survive massive corruption with impunity, development cannot either. Show me a country that is developed while leaders are corrupt with impunity. The enemy of democracy and development is corruption with impunity. Ouruto are the very personification of that vice and therefore do not expect any development miracles.

Jubilee wouldnt last a year in China's Communist Party. The Chinese execute high ranking officials for corruption. They have great respect for institutions, not personalities. You should read about how they hold elections from the villages then through several bureaucratic levels leadin up to the level that selects the president. Then how they set developmental/economic plans every 5 years or so..none of these are "executive" decisions proper as we understand these in Western based systems. Jubilee doesnt seem to me to care about institutions at all. The Chinese system is also a strict meritocracy on top.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2017, 04:08:35 PM »

Why do you hate Moses?
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2017, 04:31:29 PM »
Another myth Ourru and Ruto promoted is that opposition slowed down development. Just like democracy cannot survive massive corruption with impunity, development cannot either. Show me a country that is developed while leaders are corrupt with impunity. The enemy of democracy and development is corruption with impunity. Ouruto are the very personification of that vice and therefore do not expect any development miracles.

Institutions and a culture of zero tolerance for corruption: the two things it has not yet been proven can be dispensed with in sustainably providing development.

They may be based on radically different cultures, ideologies and world-views, but you see them in those countries we wish to emulate. They may be focussed purely on the economic improvement of the masses like China's party or totally dedicated to ensuring and safeguarding individual freedom and political rights like the U.S. and to a lesser degree, other western systems. But the institutions are stable and reliable and ensure that public resources are effectively employed in the agenda of the country whatever that is/however its decided. Corruption means you cannot plan and execute reliably because mnions all over the system mess things up somewhere...nay..everywhere, delaying, derailing, even halting the agenda entirely, compounding problems all over.

I am not a fan of benevolent dictatorships only because they are unsustainable. When the kind dictator dies he will be replaced by a ruthless one. Eventually, you have to fall back on institutions for sustainable development: mechanisms of continuity that outlive the topmost person.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2017, 04:32:06 PM »

Why do you hate Moses?

Not liking is not hating.
Babu is probably the only reason GEMA nation is intact. So his persistence in fighting them delays breaking up the juggernaut. That's all
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2017, 05:17:22 PM »
So.  What is the latest update on Msando?

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2017, 05:46:40 PM »
On the day Musando's body was ID'd, Baba Lupita said that there are so many stones unturned in kenya that they form a mountain.

I was hoping that by now they'd have made some fine pulp out of the three suspects' gonads

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2017, 06:13:24 PM »
They will arrest some thugs and charge them with murder. The motive will be robbery and mambo Kwisha.   The real killers will never be brought to book.

On the day Musando's body was ID'd, Baba Lupita said that there are so many stones unturned in kenya that they form a mountain.

I was hoping that by now they'd have made some fine pulp out of the three suspects' gonads