Author Topic: Veritas take everyone ability to moderate and delete threads away until November  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
Thank you sweetheart

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
Agreed!

Offline veritas

• Enigma
GC, I'm sorry but I don't have that kind of authority. You'll need to petition that with a council member (one of the moderators) which will then be subject to a vote.

Personally, however, the moderators do a brilliant job at keeping the forum clean, and anything deleted isn't actually deleted. If you notice any specific posts/threads which are deleted that shouldn't have been- let me know. I can always find it in the trash.

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
GC, I'm sorry but I don't have that kind of authority. You'll need to petition that with a council member (one of the moderators) which will then be subject to a vote.

Personally, however, the moderators do a brilliant job at keeping the forum clean, and anything deleted isn't actually deleted. If you notice any specific posts/threads which are deleted that shouldn't have been- let me know. I can always find it in the trash.
one of them has been misbehaving and disdupting developed conversations, hence the call for temporary suspension of these previledges. If you look through the threads, you'll find complaints of at least two in the last 2 days that just poofed.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
One thread was deleted on Wednesday

it was titled Raila Rejects Election Results

http://www.nipate.org/index.php?topic=5018.0

Offline veritas

• Enigma
I see. Leave it with me. I'll investigate.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
I see. Leave it with me. I'll investigate.

thanks is possible to delete your own thread that have replies? I think someone using a phone can easily delete threads without knowing

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Hi veri

Please also restore "NASA independent tally' - the one referred here:

http://www.nipate.org/index.php?topic=5072.0
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline veritas

• Enigma
You were all right. Something iffy was going on. Thank you for pointing it out. Here's what I found in the trash. If any of these threads/posts should not have been deleted, please let me know.

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
Those are all very old. What we are talking about vanished yesterday and a day or two before.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
I restored all the posts deleted this week. They should all be back. These are posts deleted from previous weeks.

Offline veritas

• Enigma

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Let me reassure all, my eyes will be scanning the trash daily.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
veri can we have a column on the "deleter" for each thread?
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop

Offline Kadame6

• Superstar
veri can we have a column on the "deleter" for each thread?
Yessssss

Offline veritas

• Enigma
I know who it is, but I don't want some lynch mob situation so I think it's best to just be cool about it. If they keep repeating this offence, I'll issue a warning. But for now.. maybe it was just an accidental reflex on their phone so let's give them the benefit of doubt.