Author Topic: Another lesson from Msando's violent check out  (Read 5109 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Another lesson from Msando's violent check out
« on: July 31, 2017, 11:31:34 PM »
I have known Nyakundi to stoop low but he broke his own record

https://www.cnyakundi.com/2017/07/31/fear-panic-grips-community-of-mpango-wa-kandos-led-by-betty-kyalo-after-death-of-chris-msandos-clande/
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Another lesson from Msando's violent check out
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 11:54:52 PM »
Nyakundi is trying to attract traffic. Click bait

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 11:56:09 PM »
He writes some interesting articles at times though

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 12:06:13 AM »
She is unknown?  Can't they use the fingerprint database?  When the Yebei's purported body was found, he was quickly identified as a vagrant, following Karim Khan's lightning fast protests.  What are these fools waiting for?

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 12:21:31 AM »
She is unknown?  Can't they use the fingerprint database?  When the Yebei's purported body was found, he was quickly identified as a vagrant, following Karim Khan's lightning fast protests.  What are these fools waiting for?

They should release her details.

If they dispatched her, then she may not have been an accomplice. But then again, given that there was no indication of a struggle/force whatsoever with the car, she could have been a dispensable bait.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 12:25:59 AM »

They should release her details.

If they dispatched her, then she may not have been an accomplice. But then again, given that there was no indication of a struggle/force whatsoever with the car, she could have been a dispensable bait.

Is that Citizen quote correct?  They found a healthy guy dead in some bush and they say no foul play?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 12:44:01 AM »
Never mind.  Looks like they said it while they were still searching for the guy.  Still odd, but not off the deep end.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 03:30:04 AM »
I haven't seen any reports on how this man was found and by who yet.  Are there any? 

The closest I have seen is Moses Kuria standing next to the victim's car.  At that time the man was either already dead, or on his way in that direction, apparently by strangulation and body blows leaving minimal external bruising.  I haven't heard of any reports about the car being dusted for fingerprints, or interviews with Moses Kuria and the watchman in that picture next to the car.  There seem to be some pretty obvious early leads that if they are being investigated, it is not being reported.

Whoever killed him appears not to have put much stock in disposing and hiding the body.  In fact, they may have wanted the body to be found soon, and especially with the woman.  His wife who apparently reported him missing seems like an unlikely suspect.  In fact, it's a safe bet she is not involved.  The guy was supposed to be found with "his Mpango wa Kando".  No reports at the moment suggest that the police are interested in who this person is, let alone why and how she died.

Right about now, we should at least know who found this guy and if they are helping with investigations.

Harriet Tubman

Offline einstein_g

• Superstar
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 03:44:02 AM »
I posted a comment on this in the other thread about this saga.

Chris and a woman drove into a block of flats near Safari Park at around 3 am, according to security guards. They didn't see the couple leaving. Presumably, the murderers ferried them in another vehicle, since Musando's car didn't leave the area, and didn't have any marks indicating a struggle etc.

At 10 am, cops got a call saying the body of a man was found in the bush. They picked up the body and as they were transporting it to city mortuary, they got another call saying another body of a woman had been found 5 metres away. It's a bit curious that they:

a) didn't search around the area where they found the first body, missing the other one.
b) didn't ID the body e.g by using biometrics. This should be standard practice.

I did read an article when the news broke out that the cops dusted Musando's car for prints.

It's noteworthy that the two bodies were naked, save for underwear. So they likely were murdered in their rendezvous.

I think there are decent leads in this case for nabbing the culprit(s).

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 03:55:55 AM »
Thanks einstein_g.  Some questions have been answered.  I agree biometrics should easily have identified this guy.  Utumishi kwa wote can be very competent when they choose to.  That said, I generally treat their reports, especially with high profile murders with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Also just found this report by police.  He was found by police on the 29th and dumped at City Mortuary as you said.  I have seen pictures of his putative body.  If those are accurate, then the cops who found his body took them.  If that is the case, they then shared them on social media.

I still think we can safely rule out some suspects.  I include the NASA in that list, because I don't see how they benefit from his death.  I would also like to rule out Moses Kuria, once I can find an innocent explanation of how he found the car.

Harriet Tubman

Offline einstein_g

• Superstar
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 04:10:27 AM »
Some girl who clearly lives in the Roysambu area tweeted at 10 pm last night that she had found Chris's car, mentioning KTN, Citizen and NTV in her tweet (link below). KTN had broadcast the car's plates just an hour earlier at 9 pm. I'm also told that the car's details had been broadcasted in some security-related WhatsApp groups.

Moses Kuria might have seen the tweet (or someone told him about it). A lot of people seemed to be able to recognize the car's exact location from the photos in the tweet alone.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hadja40/status/891736560898633728

Offline einstein_g

• Superstar
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 04:25:51 AM »
Frankly, I don't see an elections-related reason for killing Chris. The election is not fully electronic. It's mostly manual actually. The electronic bit is only biometrics (ensure that the person voting is actually physically present at the polling station) and results transmission. Physical ballot papers still need to be marked and deposited into the ballot box.

At best, one can only update the voters register to 'register' people who didn't register during the official registration period. One thing to note is that any secure IT system must have an audit trail of who logged in, at what time, and what changes were made.

My understanding also is that Chris's boss Muhati, who had been suspended for a month in May for refusing to cooperate during an audit process, had been reinstated. So Chris wasn't the msema yote when it comes to ICT at IEBC.

IEBC have also hired cyber security experts from Oracle, IBM etc. So toying around with the system isn't that easy.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 04:39:08 AM »
this murder is so foul. I am really considering disengaging. Deleting my social media account and just delink completely with Kenya. Killing someone like this is just too senseless.. We have a lot of unresolved murders in Kenya JM, Ouko, Fr Kaiser, Muge, Mugabe Were, and thousands of other average Kenyans who had been killed in cold blood.

I am so sorry to the family. May you find peace and forgive us that made careless remarks about your loved. We didn't know he had been killed.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 04:42:00 AM »
Frankly, I don't see an elections-related reason for killing Chris. The election is not fully electronic. It's mostly manual actually. The electronic bit is only biometrics (ensure that the person voting is actually physically present at the polling station) and results transmission. Physical ballot papers still need to be marked and deposited into the ballot box.

At best, one can only update the voters register to 'register' people who didn't register during the official registration period. One thing to note is that any secure IT system must have an audit trail of who logged in, at what time, and what changes were made.

My understanding also is that Chris's boss Muhati, who had been suspended for a month in May for refusing to cooperate during an audit process, had been reinstated. So Chris wasn't the msema yote when it comes to ICT at IEBC.

IEBC have also hired cyber security experts from Oracle, IBM etc. So toying around with the system isn't that easy.

Please stop speculating. A man has been brutally murdered. A father, a brother, a husband, a lover, a friend and a dear one to many. Let respect his family and wait till this murder is solved or we have more information

Offline einstein_g

• Superstar
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 04:57:30 AM »
Please stop speculating. A man has been brutally murdered. A father, a brother, a husband, a lover, a friend and a dear one to many. Let respect his family and wait till this murder is solved or we have more information

Who's speculating? I'm open to the idea that the guy was killed due to elections-related reasons. But as I alluded when the news first broke out, we also need to be open to the likelihood that the murder isn't related to elections. During tense moments like this, it's only natural for people to want to conjure up elaborate conspiracies as happened in 2007 when Ainamoi MP David Kimutai Too was shot in Eldoret.

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 05:22:46 AM »

Replace him with someone who will "cooperate"?  One who can bring down the system?  Forcing a full on manual vote without biometrics?  Kick IBM, Oracle...out? Just a thought.  I don't know who they have hired and for what purpose, but they own the system and can decide when those are guys are needed.  The KPMG report did not leave such a rosy picture of the security.

Harriet Tubman

Offline einstein_g

• Superstar
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 05:30:48 AM »
Replace him with someone who will "cooperate"?  One who can bring down the system?  Forcing a full on manual vote without biometrics?  Kick IBM, Oracle...out? Just a thought.  I don't know who they have hired and for what purpose, but they own the system and can decide when those are guys are needed.  The KPMG report did not leave such a rosy picture of the security.

Fair enough, plausible reasons.

Given your user name, you're a person of interest, Mr. Assassin  :D

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 06:44:36 AM »
this murder is so foul. I am really considering disengaging. Deleting my social media account and just delink completely with Kenya. Killing someone like this is just too senseless.. We have a lot of unresolved murders in Kenya JM, Ouko, Fr Kaiser, Muge, Mugabe Were, and thousands of other average Kenyans who had been killed in cold blood.

I am so sorry to the family. May you find peace and forgive us that made careless remarks about your loved. We didn't know he had been killed.

Onsarigo Case Files interviewed Mugabe's murderers. That was a clear case of robbery. Mugabe resisted and they shot him.

Here

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2017, 06:48:28 AM »

As long as he worked for IEBC, it could be work related. But the moment you finger his job as a probable motive, then you should be open to the possibility that either of the two parties/contestants are culpable.

Offline einstein_g

• Superstar
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 12:08:11 PM »
Thanks einstein_g.  Some questions have been answered.  I agree biometrics should easily have identified this guy.  Utumishi kwa wote can be very competent when they choose to.  That said, I generally treat their reports, especially with high profile murders with a healthy dose of skepticism.

They did take prints after all but this thing should be electronic just like IEBC. Shouldn't have to wait for registrar of persons office to open.

"The police had taken the finger prints from the body since it was still fresh when it was identified and since it was a weekend the fingerprints were to be matched on Monday to try and seek the identity of the body."

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/08/01/chris-msando-death-boinnet-appeals-to-kenyans-for-information_c1608058