Author Topic: Underground road tunnels  (Read 4801 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Underground road tunnels
« on: July 26, 2017, 01:10:45 PM »

The Boring Company is busy working on this

https://www.teslarati.com/the-boring-company-lower-tesla-car-elevator/
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Underground road tunnels
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 01:54:28 PM »
Tesla is a quack. He uses those simulations to prop up his company, whose worth is based on hype.

It's a shame that he named his company after Tesla, who was truly a genious.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 02:12:58 PM »
Yeah telsa is a quack.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 02:43:12 PM »
Thats what we said of Google and Amazon. They never made any money for ten years or so.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 04:38:42 PM »
Oh please. Elon Musk is anything but a quack. The guy is singe-handedly taking on established auto makers GM, Daimler, Ford, etc by developing electric cars. Without him they would never go electric. Hype is valid strategy jut like Trump's You're fired!
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 04:43:07 PM »
This Elon guy is revolutionizing space travel and clean energy - not just transport. With SpaceX... building re-usable rockets that land from outer orbit live-live. I've been wanting to go witness one of the launches.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 02:21:50 AM »
Oh please. Elon Musk is anything but a quack. The guy is singe-handedly taking on established auto makers GM, Daimler, Ford, etc by developing electric cars. Without him they would never go electric. Hype is valid strategy jut like Trump's You're fired!
You need to read more about the guy..his job is sell bonds and stocks..he cannot take on any of these car companies. He is a con. Another snake oil salesman. Google the guy do not read Forbes online and take it as truth.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 05:35:32 AM »
Globalvillager12 -

I get you're not a disruption enthusiast, so you're dismayed by this graphic and other 'hyperbole'. That's expected of analysts. Still most of Wall St defies your gravity... Tesla stock, just like the projections, has done 60%+ 2017 and beat even Amazon and Apple. Come on, all these guys can't be fools.

I believe in disruption - rapid transformation - which is what Tesla does. And SpaceX - cutting rocket cost from billions to millions by simple reuse, and ramping up car manufacturing with "the machine that builds the machine". It's not hype - imagine Tesla Model 3 (that your link is criticizing) has 600K advance orders... while others struggle to sell... that's a first isn't it?

Of course Tesla with Model 3 and Model Y and the semi will snap the rag from under GM, Chrysler, et al - which puzzles your author - and just like people never saw the iPhone coming despite the success of iTunes and iPod - Tesla will be an astronomical success. Bye-bye Daimler Benz. And gasoline!

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 06:04:01 AM »
Of course Tesla with Model 3 and Model Y and the semi will snap the rag from under GM, Chrysler, et al - which puzzles your author - and just like people never saw the iPhone coming despite the success of iTunes and iPod - Tesla will be an astronomical success. Bye-bye Daimler Benz. And gasoline!

Volvo seems to have sensed the direction of the winds:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jul/05/volvo-cars-electric-hybrid-2019
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 06:36:01 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jul/05/volvo-cars-electric-hybrid-2019

They have all smelt the coffee but I do doubt they have internalized it. Tesla been at it 10+ years and is a paradigm shift... it's been called "computers on wheels"... while Volvo and company seem to just replace the power source. The Tesla stock surge and their stagnance assumes a market sweep. Time will tell.

The obvious big losers in this is the oil & gas crew. They have hobbled Tesla via proxy for a while.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 12:22:35 PM »
Problem with these tech guys is they have hands like babies and don't even know what a wrench is.

Eons ago when I worked at a roadside assistance call centre, the mechanics I worked alongside would groan when I mentioned electric cars. I kid you not they were so right.

Basically those battery packs take up the whole front portion of the car and it costs about $6000+ a year to replace. It degrades as years go and whenever a rich tree hugger car battery pack fell flat on the road, no roadside mechanic could just jumpstart it. It required towing then about a month before a new battery could be replaced shipped from China. Economically it doesn't work because it takes 24hrs to recharge the car and who's gonna pay for $1000+ energy bill per month?

This is why these electric hogwash fell out of fashion. Same goes for biofuel. Kills the engine.

There should be regulatory laws for Elon Musk types ie. a mandatory education on how a car works, what real people are like, how power stations work, how politics and energy works, how infrastructure in the real world works. That way they don't pollute the world on pet projects just to fuel their egos and then end up with unsustainable biproducts, broken promises etc. they ought to sick with what they excel at- software/code.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 12:28:02 PM »

They have all smelt the coffee but I do doubt they have internalized it. Tesla been at it 10+ years and is a paradigm shift... it's been called "computers on wheels"... while Volvo and company seem to just replace the power source. The Tesla stock surge and their stagnance assumes a market sweep. Time will tell.

The obvious big losers in this is the oil & gas crew. They have hobbled Tesla via proxy for a while.

Tesla is rubbish. It certainly hasn't been the first. Plenty of boutique small scale versions but its sustainability and suitability is like comparing a solar powered toy tonker to an actual tonker. The former satisfies little boys and their creative pow wow play dates in the sandpit but it's certainly not how real men work.

I mean like honestly, Elon Musk types make nerds look like degenerates.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 03:36:38 PM »
Hi veritas - habari ya ng'ambo? Are you evacuating the animals this time? -I recall 2013 you ran into a door-knob moving your goat  :D

Mother Nature is the driver of  progress regardless than men brag of achievement. Scientists are telling us Earth cannot support us for long with all the pollution and global warming. So you see it is not Elon Musk & his ilk causing the change. Even pie-in-the-sky stiff like relocating us to Mars - to make us a space-faring civilization and multi-planetary species :D - has gained serious traction - his SpaceX has 60% of orbital launch market - against serious competition. This means your phone calls, internet, other services are probably served by satellites he sent up there. Serious stuff.

EV tech has advanced rapidly recently. Lithium-ion batteries particularly. Again credible people - scientists, lobbyists, governments - agree with Tesla. US states and China are falling over themselves with tax waivers for Musk to setup his gigafactories in them. It is not a coincidence that big players like Volvo, Chrysler, GM, etc are switching gear with big plans to go electric. And many countries are offering big incentives for EV buyers - with specific deadlines to ban gasoline vehicles.

Can I go on? Tesla Energy - Solar City - has struck major deals to replace oil & coal with green energy systems - in California and South Australia. Tesla is doing to energy what Amazon is doing to retail.

Elon Musk types are just players. The game is on and they are great at it.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2017, 04:32:26 PM »
Veritas-this horse is out of the barn.

Tesla is rubbish. It certainly hasn't been the first. Plenty of boutique small scale versions but its sustainability and suitability is like comparing a solar powered toy tonker to an actual tonker. The former satisfies little boys and their creative pow wow play dates in the sandpit but it's certainly not how real men work.

I mean like honestly, Elon Musk types make nerds look like degenerates.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 05:15:49 PM »
Yes I did have a goat for companionship. Manfred.

You two have been brainwashed & watch way too much SciFi.

Erm no.

Whenever there's some political mayhem we are going to Mars or Wikileaks strikes again, no Snowden. Elon fills that void. The guy is a figment.

I owned a house in Adelaide & that's just BS.

Tax exemptions are often the norm for big corps setting shop abroad.

What does Elon Musk actually do ? Where is his business portfolio ?

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 05:30:29 PM »
I'll tell you why Mars won't be popular the same way the Sahara desert isn't popular.

There's no water to power anything.

If this Elon guy consulted w/ real life civil engineers then he'd know the enormity of setting up a sustainable shop in Mars is less doable as building a wall across Mexico in 4 years.

Same way setting up high tech tunnels underground require hydraulics, air, protection from hijackers etc. etc. It's why we have trains so people are safe in numbers & reduces the likelihood of accidents.

If his lack of foresight is anything to go by, then there's no way in hell this guy is in the limelight because of his business acumen. No millionaire let a lone billionaire are that clueless or reckless when it comes to stuff like that.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 06:01:21 PM »
Interesting views veri. Musk was presenting his Mars Colonization vision in Mexico sometime last year (SpaceX slogan is "OCCUPY MARS") and the audience was none the wiser. The questions were more like "When can we book online?" "Will Mastercard be acceptable there?" "Do I need a visa?"

Musk's profile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 06:12:06 PM »
Musk is an interesting guy.  I like some of his ideas.  SpaceX. Tesla, those are great.  I find some to be borderline fantasy though.  Mars colonization is still way out of there in terms of being based on reality.  Many don't realize that, even if the technological challenges are overcome, Mars living makes Antarctica seem like a paradise.  The colony would all be dead, by suicide mostly, within the first six months.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 06:25:14 PM »
Hey Windy - are you really from the future? How is it forth there? - is Zamunda enlightened or are MOAS in force? If you are here to terminate homo sapiens please start with the dyed-in-the-wool tribalists - they are known - no naming names.