Author Topic: This is how Kenya can avoid violence  (Read 1316 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
This is how Kenya can avoid violence
« on: August 04, 2017, 10:54:59 AM »
I believe the likelihood of  post-election violence is closely related to:
1) How tight the final presidential & gubernatorial  results are
2) Anything that suggests that polls could have been rigged
3) Any kind of procedural issue for the IEBC that may have disenfranchised a lot of voters
4) If NASA game-plan include instigating violence.

What Kenya will do to avoid violence
1) Ensure presidential & gubernatorial results have a clear winner. I expect Uhuru to win by about 1M votes.
2) IEBC & GOK need to be as transparent as possible. The systems hopefully will work. Observers & Media will be critical here.
3) Let hope we don't have big screw ups from IEBC - like misplaced or misprinted names or missing names in register or malfunctioning devices.
4) Police should just be equally prepared to counter and swiftly end any violence from NASA.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: This is how Kenya can avoid violence
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 11:19:30 AM »
This quote below is your partisan view or conjecture.

Statistically there is higher odds of rigging than fairplay. You told us yourself - a few stanzas ago - stuffing in strongholds & farflung areas is a given. I think our top players - Uhuru is too entitled while Raila & Ruto are power-hungry hyenas who will do anything to win. This trio caused 2008 PEV. Only Kalonzo & Madvd are amenable to losing no wonder they attract no fanatical following.

So instead of this wishful thinking - insure your Mavoko kiosk - and stock up as the bar may be out of bounds for a while. Personally I advise you - if you're privy to monkey tricks - desist from patronizing bitter folks - as they smart from unfair loss. Stay safe brother.

What Kenya will do to avoid violence
1) Ensure presidential & gubernatorial results have a clear winner. I expect Uhuru to win by about 1M votes.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 11:25:51 AM »
If BVR kit works - stronghold stuffing may not work anymore. I am putting my money on IEBC to deliver an election that will be free, fair, open and credible - that all observers and 3rd parties will endorse like in 2013.
This quote below is your partisan view or conjecture.

Statistically there is higher odds of rigging than fairplay. You told us yourself - a few stanzas ago - stuffing in strongholds & farflung areas is a given. I think our top players - Uhuru is too entitled while Raila & Ruto are power-hungry hyenas who will do anything to win. This trio caused 2008 PEV. Only Kalonzo & Madvd are amenable to losing no wonder they attract no fanatical following.

So instead of this wishful thinking - insure your Mavoko kiosk - and stock up as the bar may be out of bounds for a while. Personally I advise you - if you're privy to monkey tricks - desist from patronizing bitter folks - as they smart from unfair loss. Stay safe brother.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 12:18:57 PM »
My money is on a SCOK Petition. It'll be shot down, and within 2 weeks, life will go on.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 12:42:58 PM »
I am betting on IEBC, Observers and media. SCOK is non-nonsense.
My money is on a SCOK Petition. It'll be shot down, and within 2 weeks, life will go on.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 02:00:03 PM »

Jubilee played defense to the end. Even as early as yesterday Ouru was scrambling back to Maa land after Raila had locked it down the previous day with the Maa elders endorsement.

I see a decisive NASA first round win. A few scattered Jubilee youths  supporters in central will be outraged into small riots while  committing crimes that may include murder, rape and looting.

However,  Many Kenyans will be happy including some who supported Ouru. Kenya will breath a sigh of relief and Kenya will be in the  international spotlight as a beacon of hope for African democracy. It will be a new day as we celebrate and unify once again as a people. It will only be comparable to the mood in the country at independence and in 2002. It will be  A New Dawn.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 02:15:47 PM »

Jubilee played defense to the end. Even as early as yesterday Ouru was scrambling back to Maa land after Raila had locked it down the previous day with the Maa elders endorsement.

I see a decisive NASA first round win. A few scattered Jubilee youths  supporters in central will be outraged into small riots while  committing crimes that may include murder, rape and looting.

However,  Many Kenyans will be happy including some who supported Ouru. Kenya will breath a sigh of relief and Kenya will be in the  international spotlight as a beacon of hope for African democracy. It will be a new day as we celebrate and unify once again as a people. It will only be comparable to the mood in the country at independence and in 2002. It will be  A New Dawn.

Under 100 hours from finding out
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 02:44:33 PM »
Yes Indeed. Canaan here we come.

Under 100 hours from finding out
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 06:26:19 PM »
This is telling. How do you ensure that someone wins with a specific number of votes?

Is a Kenya a Rotten Borough of some kind? The results are what the people shall vote and nobody can give any "assurances" unles it is an admission of planned theft.

Uhuru is losing badly and unless the 2.5 million votes will be used, he is going nowhere.
Quote from: Pundit
Ensure presidential & gubernatorial results have a clear winner. I expect Uhuru to win by about 1M votes.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread