Author Topic: Moi to invest 45B of his stolen loot in teaching and refferal hospital  (Read 5098 times)

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Public money is "mali ya uma"
and anyone can use it the way they see fit, including just taking the money as your own - the Anne Waiguru doctrine.
So no services or if services are delivered they are of poor quality, eg primary school education.

To be "fair" to the thieves, it's not as though Kenyans have any real problems with all of that.   Give back a little of the loot, and you will be considered a great person who is helping the people. Buy illicit brews for the men and sugar+tea for the women, and you have the votes to put you well on the way to high political office.  If anyone objects, it must be a plan to finish our people, and our people will come to your defense.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma

[/quote]Here, what we get is the excitement that one man can put down so much money[/quote]

Its amazing. I remember when RV Pundit used to go on and on excitedly about how Rich and young WSR was.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
and anyone can use it the way they see fit, including just taking the money as your own - the Anne Waiguru doctrine.
So no services or if services are delivered they are of poor quality, eg primary school education.

To be "fair" to the thieves, it's not as though Kenyans have any real problems with all of that.   Give back a little of the loot, and you will be considered a great person who is helping the people. Buy illicit brews for the men and sugar+tea for the women, and you have the votes to put you well on the way to high political office.  If anyone objects, it must be a plan to finish our people, and our people will come to your defense.

I think there is still a general sense among Kenyans that when it comes to government taxes, that's not their money.  The way you'd feel if someone pinches your wallet, they don't feel that way at all.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma

I think we never internalized the concept of government. We never made the transition from the "colonial government" to "our government".  When educated people are singing the praises of those who steal from government then you know we have a long way to go.

I think there is still a general sense among Kenyans that when it comes to government taxes, that's not their money.  The way you'd feel if someone pinches your wallet, they don't feel that way at all.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Quote from: Windy City Assassin

Quote from: Kichwa-mmeza mate
I think we never internalized the concept of government. We never made the transition from the "colonial government" to "our government".  When educated people are singing the praises of those who steal from government then you know we have a long way to go.

All true.  Moving beyond that,  I'd like to make a distinction between having one's wallet pinched and one paying for nyama-choma that is then not delivered.   

The failure to object strongly to the theft  is just one half of it.    Even if one accepts that we are a nation of thieves, is there any reason for people to not demand that they get proper services for the taxes they pay?   What do they imagine the taxes are for?  Kenyans seem to meekly accept that whatever services they get from their government ... that's they get.   Very odd.

Haven't moved from mzungu's colony to Kenya yetu?   Interesting.   That's half-a-century plus.   So, here we are---in the 21st.  Toddlers are armed with tablets and laptops and whatever, people are jumping up and down with excitement over their new railway lines and trains ..... but begging for food.   Why? Because there is nothing to be done about the rains.  Even the government can't make it rain.  So when we don't have rain, and this is not a new one, what else can we do but beg for food from places where, apparently, it rains every day?   

Never mind.   Let's go back to what really matters to the people: who will get a chance to rob them for another five.   Bring your MOAS.  I have my MOAS  ready, and I also have this other tribe whose mere existence will astound you.  Plus there's this defection and that poll and .... 
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
I am glad that someone is willing to put down 45B in kenya. Thats lot of FDI. You get 10 such projects every year and you're well on your way out of poverty and misery.