Author Topic: Moi to invest 45B of his stolen loot in teaching and refferal hospital  (Read 5099 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
The 500-bed state-of-the-art facility, which is expected to be operational by 2020 according to the Vice Chancellor Henry Kiplagat, will be located in Kabarak, Nakuru County.
Read more at: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001243417/work-begins-on-sh45-billion-kabarak-university-hospital

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
impressive stuff.. How much do Kabarak school generate? Are they run as non profits? Is it true that Sunshine school in Nairobi is Moi's or he started it?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
No idea.Sunshine, Sacho & Kabarak are moi private business. I think Philip Moi rans Sunshine and they generate as much as 200-500m per annum. Moi is insanely rich after looting kenya for more than 40 yrs starting from Kenyatta era.

People are complaining about 320B SGR while Moi a private individual has put down 45B...kenya is rich enough to afford more SGRs.

impressive stuff.. How much do Kabarak school generate? Are they run as non profits? Is it true that Sunshine school in Nairobi is Moi's or he started it?

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
Why is this loot, while uhuruto looting is deemed hardwork?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
By who?
Why is this loot, while uhuruto looting is deemed hardwork?

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
The project will be financed by US-based Private Equity Sygec International among other stakeholders

The 500-bed state-of-the-art facility, which is expected to be operational by 2020 according to the Vice Chancellor Henry Kiplagat, will be located in Kabarak, Nakuru County.
Read more at: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001243417/work-begins-on-sh45-billion-kabarak-university-hospital

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
No idea.Sunshine, Sacho & Kabarak are moi private business. I think Philip Moi rans Sunshine and they generate as much as 200-500m per annum. Moi is insanely rich after looting kenya for more than 40 yrs starting from Kenyatta era.

People are complaining about 320B SGR while Moi a private individual has put down 45B...kenya is rich enough to afford more SGRs.

Moi has put down $440 million for a hospital?  Even assuming that he has that kind of money, why would he put it into a hospital?   Reminds of the usual case of the politician going to the village, pointing to a project financed by the government or aid donors and planned for well before his time, and telling the gullible manambas, "see how I have brought you development"? .... the unthinking  manambas then extrapolate that to "he paid for it!  out of his own pocket!  what a man!"

And obviously we now have proof that, although the present SGR is going to be paid for by taxes collected from the small people, we are rich enough to afford several SGRs ... but do spare some for food, so that donors can get a break from the regular bowl-in-hand.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Good investment.

Offline patel

• Enigma
What happened to Eldoret referral hospital that Jubilee promised/pumped billions of shillings.  This is a private investment and it shows what 45 billions can do. Remember the 38 billions uhuru spent on medical machines?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Lots of FDI is now flowing into this country - once we fix roads, railways, water, electricity/power and security - we would be set on fast growth trajectory.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Public money is "mali ya uma"
and anyone can use it the way they see fit, including just taking the money as your own - the Anne Waiguru doctrine.
So no services or if services are delivered they are of poor quality, eg primary school education.

What happened to Eldoret referral hospital that Jubilee promised/pumped billions of shillings.  This is a private investment and it shows what 45 billions can do. Remember the 38 billions uhuru spent on medical machines?

Offline patel

• Enigma
Public money is "mali ya uma"
and anyone can use it the way they see fit, including just taking the money as your own - the Anne Waiguru doctrine.
So no services or if services are delivered they are of poor quality, eg primary school education.

precisely Uhuruto doctrine...Jubilee thieving duos feel nothing, they are in it for themselves

Offline patel

• Enigma

Which is which Baghdad bob..... Moi stolen loot or FDI??? am confused

Lots of FDI is now flowing into this country - once we fix roads, railways, water, electricity/power and security - we would be set on fast growth trajectory.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Looks he doesn't want to die lonely in Israel or South Africa like his grandson. Very shameful that we have collapsed the health system that by the time even grandsons of someone who has been president for over 30 years reach functional hospitals in South Africa they are kaput. What is power for??

The boy who succumbed to brain cancer at a South African hospital
http://www.nation.co.ke/counties/Mois-grandson-laid-to-rest-in-Rongai/1107872-2790752-r34097/index.html

I thought Isaac Rutto would also build a health legacy after death of his daughter where he admitted knowing of her daughter's cancer two weeks before her death.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000140058/isaac-ruto-turn-of-events-was-terribly-devastating-if-only-i-knew
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000140058/isaac-ruto-turn-of-events-was-terribly-devastating-if-only-i-knew

It is a great milestone for African elites to start investing in health in their home countries.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch

Moi has put down $440 million for a hospital?  Even assuming that he has that kind of money, why would he put it into a hospital?   Reminds of the usual case of the politician going to the village, pointing to a project financed by the government or aid donors and planned for well before his time, and telling the gullible manambas, "see how I have brought you development"? .... the unthinking  manambas then extrapolate that to "he paid for it!  out of his own pocket!  what a man!"

And obviously we now have proof that, although the present SGR is going to be paid for by taxes collected from the small people, we are rich enough to afford several SGRs ... but do spare some for food, so that donors can get a break from the regular bowl-in-hand.

It's funded by Sygec International among other stakeholders.  The short answer is No.  Moi has NOT put down that money for a hospital.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Why is Pundit claiming that Moi has put up 45B of his own money while the link is stating otherwise.

It's funded by Sygec International among other stakeholders.  The short answer is No.  Moi has NOT put down that money for a hospital.
[/quote]
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
Sygec International seems like smaller company than Moi empire. Unless Moi funded Sygec International to plan and implement the project.

It's website lists no project it has done in past.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Sygec International seems like smaller company than Moi empire. Unless Moi funded Sygec International to plan and implement the project.

There is no evidence he is funding it.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Why is Pundit claiming that Moi has put up 45B of his own money while the link is stating otherwise.

Because that would prove that Kenya is a rich country that can afford many SGRs.     :D

But even if Moi were indeed funding it, the logic there escapes me.   First, Moi was president for 24 years and during that time stole a great deal; are there many Kenyans who have been that position?  Second, it's not as though the Kenyan government is run money that has been stolen and stashed away.   

The claim and some of the comments also highlight another curious aspect of Kenya: If Moi had given that much---and we can assume that he would be giving away only part of what he had---then it would show that he had stolen a great deal.   The first thing people ought to be calling for is an investigation into where he got the money and also demanding that he had it back and be prosecuted for theft.   Here, what we get is the excitement that one man can put down so much money!

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma

I knew that; I was just amusing myself.   As it is, it appears that Moi didn't even bother to turn for the "ground-breaking" for his Sh. 45 billion hospital, which, curiously, is not even named after him ... odd for a guy who liked to have his name on just about everything, including the village path.    :D