Author Topic: Ballot Paper Printing Scandal: Al Ghurair Asked Uhuru for Printing Job  (Read 5255 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
They are security printers - who print anything secure - not only ballot papers - and obviously GoK has lots of stuff it need printed.

The era of  ballot stuffing is so 90s I don't know what NASA are worried about.

Ballots papers will be opened in polling station, placed on transparent plastics and counted after that...

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
I am sure they print 300 floor skyscrapers too. Their competence is not the issue.
obviously GoK has lots of stuff it need printed.: I assume you are saying the meeting with Uhuru was all about securing GoK printing and nothing to do with the ballot paper contract.

You see Pundit, the Star for once practiced journalism and investigated. They produced evidence that Uhuru discussed the ballot Printing Tender in Dubai and in Nairobi. The information has been on Al Ghurair's website too for a time (I understand they have deleted quite a bit since the publication).

The evidence is further availed showing persons close to Uhuru made several trips to Al Ghurair to discuss the tender.

About GoK printingThere is a government printer with a very huge capacity. There is a long standing tender awarded to a firm under the Kibaki era for security printing etc for decades to come. There is no avenue for GoK to arrange for any other printing outside the existing arrangements. In any case it would have to be procured transparently.

Any way Pundit, you couldn't condemn the people you adore even if you caught them in bed with your wife. At this point the hatred of NASA / Raila (whichever is greater) dwarfs all else - including your usually topsyturvy principles.

They are security printers - who print anything secure - not only ballot papers - and obviously GoK has lots of stuff it need printed.

The era of  ballot stuffing is so 90s I don't know what NASA are worried about.

Ballots papers will be opened in polling station, placed on transparent plastics and counted after that...

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
IEBC and our courts been through the motions on this for 1 yr now- and now we are less than 60 days to election - and unless you're suggesting we postpone elections so we can investigate the depth of the printer & uhuru relationship - then you're wasting time here.

I believe in the independence and competence of IEBC to conduct our election. I see you don't trust them despite the fact that Chiloba and Chebukati are luhya and ODM carrying members. That is all what it point down...you either trust IEBC will conduct free or fair election or you don't.

I think NASA has sense defeat - which explain why for 5 days and counting - they've not done any rally.

Right now - it should be all systems go to election day - you can raise this collusion as petition to supreme court on 9-23th August when the opportunity comes.

I am sure they print 300 floor skyscrapers too. Their competence is not the issue.
obviously GoK has lots of stuff it need printed.: I assume you are saying the meeting with Uhuru was all about securing GoK printing and nothing to do with the ballot paper contract.

You see Pundit, the Star for once practiced journalism and investigated. They produced evidence that Uhuru discussed the ballot Printing Tender in Dubai and in Nairobi. The information has been on Al Ghurair's website too for a time (I understand they have deleted quite a bit since the publication).

The evidence is further availed showing persons close to Uhuru made several trips to Al Ghurair to discuss the tender.

About GoK printingThere is a government printer with a very huge capacity. There is a long standing tender awarded to a firm under the Kibaki era for security printing etc for decades to come. There is no avenue for GoK to arrange for any other printing outside the existing arrangements. In any case it would have to be procured transparently.

Any way Pundit, you couldn't condemn the people you adore even if you caught them in bed with your wife. At this point the hatred of NASA / Raila (whichever is greater) dwarfs all else - including your usually topsyturvy principles.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
If one of the parties in an election is involved in the tender for ballot papers, his relative and aide the local contact, are we supposed to just ignore that?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
This is akin to Kencall - handling TNA & IEBC - as call center business. Do you want IEBC to exclude all suppliers who work with either side? And how would they check that. As far as IEBC goes - Abu Graib applied for the tender to print & supply ballot papers - met all requirements - and were competitively awarded the contract. If we go that route - IEBC will never get anything done - with rumours & propaganda.

I don't see Jubilee crying all day that Chebukati was recently a life ODM member who ran ODM ticket or that they're luhyas who support ODM or whatever one can conjure.

IEBC is independent - time for NASA to trust them to deliver fair, credible and free election - and if they disagree - our supreme court (also independent) - will overturn the verdict.

Now we simply don't have time to indulge and entertain ODM/NASA tenuous linking of Uhuru with Abu Graib. Less than 2 months to election date - the printing press should already be running and the logistics of getting those papers to every polling station in high gear.

If one of the parties in an election is involved in the tender for ballot papers, his relative and aide the local contact, are we supposed to just ignore that?

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
This is akin to Kencall - handling TNA & IEBC - as call center business. Do you want IEBC to exclude all suppliers who work with either side? And how would they check that. As far as IEBC goes - Abu Graib applied for the tender to print & supply ballot papers - met all requirements - and were competitively awarded the contract. If we go that route - IEBC will never get anything done - with rumours & propaganda.

I don't see Jubilee crying all day that Chebukati was recently a life ODM member who ran ODM ticket or that they're luhyas who support ODM or whatever one can conjure.

IEBC is independent - time for NASA to trust them to deliver fair, credible and free election - and if they disagree - our supreme court (also independent) - will overturn the verdict.

Now we simply don't have time to go to indulge and entertain ODM/NASA tenous linking of Uhuru with Abu Graib.

I take it your answer is yes, we should just ignore it.  That you would be okay if Raila is involved in sourcing ballots with Oburu acting as local agent. 

IEBC can do better than that.  Kenyatta's involvement in the tender should automatically disqualify the company.  How is that even debatable?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
None of that is proven. This was an international tender. Abu Graib doesn't need local agent. At least according to IEBC - Abu Graib applied and were competitively awarded.

In 2013 - Raila was directly involved in tendering for IEBC - when gov took over the tendering - and still lost the election.

I take it your answer is yes, we should just ignore it.  That you would be okay if Raila is involved in sourcing ballots with Oburu acting as local agent. 

IEBC can do better than that.  Kenyatta's involvement in the tender should automatically disqualify the company.  How is that even debatable?

Offline patel

• Enigma
That's golden, right there....

Offline patel

• Enigma
Printing should be sourced to a company either in  UK or USA. These are the only 2 countries that have shown that they can prosecute people involved in corrupt deals. These are the only 2 countries that I know that any aggrieved party can sue the ballot printing company in case of fraud and have a fair day in court.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Too late. Election date is set on 8.8
Printing should be sourced to a company either in  UK or USA. These are the only 2 countries that have shown that they can prosecute people involved in corrupt deals. These are the only 2 countries that I know that any aggrieved party can sue the ballot printing company in case of fraud and have a fair day in court.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
Let's dispense with the tribal belonging first since it seems to guide your opinions:

WafulA W. Chebukati - Chairperson - sworn in on 19th Jan, 2017 - Luhya
Consolata Nkatha Bucha Maina - Vice-Chairperson - sworn in on 19th Jan, 2017 - Kikuyu
Dr. Roselyn K. Akombe - sworn in on 19th Jan, 2017 - Kalenjin
Prof. Abdi Yakub Guliye - sworn in on 19th Jan, 2017 - Somali
Margaret Wanjala Mwachanya - sworn in on 19th Jan, 2017 - Luhya married to Taita
Boya Molu - sworn in on 19th Jan, 2017 - Borana
Paul Kibiwott Kurgat - sworn in on 19th Jan, 2017 - Kalenjin
Ezra Chiloba - 2015 - Commission Secretary, CEO - Sabaot (Kalenjin)
I believe decisions are by majority. Since Kalenjins vote as directed by Kikuyus I see them with a clear majority.

The IEBC awarded the tender two days ago while fully aware of these issues having been informed by NASA. That it would make a wrong decision so that it forces NASA to agree or be blamed for delaying the poll is crap. NASA cannot and should never accept to go polls with the same glaring traps like CORD did. I told you if I see such crap I will concede defeat because there would be no election to talk about when Jubilee will simply struff boxes create disputes and agree to "recounts" which will somehow support their figures. We know the drill.

I believe in the independence and competence of IEBC to conduct our election.
Why would you not?

I see you don't trust them despite the fact that Chiloba and Chebukati are luhya and ODM carrying members.
Which surprises that you are not complaining about that!

Pundit, we shall not accept to be colonized by an Afro-Apartheid regime. We shall all go down until we all agree to respect certain values..

IEBC and our courts been through the motions on this for 1 yr now- and now we are less than 60 days to election - and unless you're suggesting we postpone elections so we can investigate the depth of the printer & uhuru relationship - then you're wasting time here.

I believe in the independence and competence of IEBC to conduct our election. I see you don't trust them despite the fact that Chiloba and Chebukati are luhya and ODM carrying members. That is all what it point down...you either trust IEBC will conduct free or fair election or you don't.

I think NASA has sense defeat - which explain why for 5 days and counting - they've not done any rally.

Right now - it should be all systems go to election day - you can raise this collusion as petition to supreme court on 9-23th August when the opportunity comes.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Chiloba simiyu is not kalenjin. And commission doesn't do tendering..it the secretariat that do that.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
Chiloba simiyu is not kalenjin. And commission doesn't do tendering..it the secretariat that do that.
Ezra Simiyu Chiloba is a Sabaot period

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview

Offline patel

• Enigma
This whole IEBC thing stinks to high heaven seems like a deliberate move by Jubilee to sabotage general election...