Author Topic: The reason why I am personally excited to be voting Jubilee again!  (Read 1291 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
What Jubilee has done in 4 yrs makes me really proud to be a kenyan.

1) Governance - UhuRuto together with parliament & judiciary - have given us a stable and cohesive gov after 10 yrs of quarrelsome Kibadinga regime. We've moved from failed state to country that has doubled the FDIs it get in 4yrs. Investors, creditors and International community have new-found respect for kenya. UhuRuto did this despite starting as indicted person at ICC.

2) Obviously SGR - the biggest ever infrastructure project in modern Kenya- delivered in less than 4yrs - on time, on value and on budget. The complains & petty comparison btw SGR & other railways I have come to realize were baseless...we got first class SGR with rolling stock. When I first heard Ruto says he'll build SGR way back in 2012 - I thought he was joking.

3) Devolution - Jubilee has devolved more than 1 trillion shs to counties...giving more than double the constitutional lower limit..and for few counties with governors who know what they are doing...this money has transformed rural kenya...leading to murraming of thousands of Kms of roads & vibrant county HQs. The only pledge Jubilee didn't fulfil - on Stadium - Counties have done it.

4) Electricity - Kibaki moved our access to electricity from 12% to 27% - Jubilee have moved it to 65%. Hopefully Uhuru can get it to 100% (universal) before he retires in 2022.

5) Infrastructure - Roads  - without doubt at least where I have been to - I am seeing new roads opening everywhere.

6) Laptops for Kids delivered in all primary schools delivered - a first one in Africa ! - and possibly the biggest such project worldwide.

7) Ease of doing business & gov bureaucracy sorted - with Huduma centers & online services (Citizen.go.ke) that has seen kenya improve more than 50 places in 3 yrs.

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: The reason why I am personally excited to be voting Jubilee again!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 12:36:15 PM »
Voting for jubilee is voting for problems. We cannot afford 5 more years of insanity, let alone 3 months.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 01:07:09 PM »
What problems? Where is the insanity?
Voting for jubilee is voting for problems. We cannot afford 5 more years of insanity, let alone 3 months.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 02:39:10 AM »
I give them a C. Of course they have achieved quite abit but I expected better. You can't compare them with old regimes because the world has changed significantly. Corruption, failed police reforms, poor public services, etc. You just have to go to KNH to know what am talking about. Or well, lose your ID and have to part with cash or wait for ages. Switch on KBC and yawwn at the pathetic quality. Blackouts everytime anywhere in the country. Never seen Uhuru lift a finger or fire some bureaucrat ever like Kagame or Magufuli. Uhuru never puts his foot down on service delivery, integrity or discipline. Huduma Center is a drop in the ocean.

Another issue is of course the perception of tribalism they have failed to shed. Not a big one but perception is reality in politics.

I can't credit them with beating ICC because those were personal problems they dragged the rest of us into. It is not an achievement to have to clear your name of heinous crimes.

Generally I see our issues as development (bread and butter) - pass. And governance which affects devpt and includes corruption (fail) and choice of leadership (tribalism) -fail. Your MOAS show Jubilee is not leading due to magical transformation but tribalism. I believe that a Jubilee loss would DISRUPT tribalism and leapfrog us to meritocracy and that would be a bigger achievement than any development program.

I have no horse in this election. (Undecided).
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527