Author Topic: Jubilee promising free secondary education next year.  (Read 5675 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Jubilee promising free secondary education next year.
« on: May 30, 2017, 12:58:55 PM »
I think this is huge. Next we should do free university education.

There is no better investment than investing in education of our people.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Jubilee promising free secondary education next year.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 02:19:31 PM »
An excellent idea, but first make primary school affordable. Lots of students cant attend because parents cant afford 1k for miscellaneous expenses.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 04:05:16 PM »
In my "middle classs" neighborhood farm laborers cant afford these expenses so kids are in and out of school. Public education has come to be known as "poor mans" educations.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 06:23:33 PM »
They said it AFTER NASA announced it. Why didn't they insitute it earlier?
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 06:29:05 PM »
Reminds  me of this story:

The Treasury is returning donor money stolen from the free primary education kitty.  Sh4.6 billion after a review of some of the documents that had not been submitted earlier.

The audit called for removal of finance, accounting and procurement staff at the Education ministry. It also recommended that former PS Karega Mutahi should take responsibility for the loss of the billions on his watch.

Top officials in the ministry diverted the funds to private accounts and in other instances the money was withdrawn from school accounts and banked in private accounts.

Others used fake receipts and unaccounted imprests to drain the kitty. The Criminal Investigations Department is yet to conclude investigations into the scandal after it took over the case from the anti-graft agency.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Treasury-refunds-stolen-donor-cash-/1056-1265854-gty73z/index.html

That was the last we heard of the culprits.   
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 06:58:19 PM »
They were all later "cleared".
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 08:32:23 PM »
Really - coz I heard Uhuru or Ruto talking about this 2-3 yrs ago.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 10:20:48 PM »
Anyone who believes anything coming from Jubilee at this point and time need to have their head examined. On free secondary school how will uhuru fund it? increase tax?  the country is already 5 trillion in debt. This is the same govt. that could not implement computer lab in all public schools....where are 1 million jobs per year last time I checked companies were closing shops.

For anyone that wants to understand Uhuru better all they need to do is look at what happened to Peter Kenneth. Uhuru the crackhead is a petty, vengeful, tribalist and the most selfish person ever. He never forgave  Peter for running for president in 2013 so he had to humiliate him in 2017.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 11:02:25 PM »
The day they stop treating tax money as Anne Waiguru is the day progress will be made. It's been business as usual since independence. Inflated cost of doing business with govt is the order of the day.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 03:08:43 PM »
It was in the CORD Manifesto. CORD promised free education at all levels from primary to tertiary.

I know what you and HK will say next

It is one of those things which Neo-Primitive societies like Trump's America think they are "saving" by not investing. If you collected all the monies paid by parents as fees and then used the same for free education, cut out corruption by jailing thieving principals and bursars, you will probably only use a quarter of it.

However keep your pants off your head: Savings from corruption, better organization of funding to the schools and restoration of international funding which was damaged by Karega's theft of funds and Uhuru's arrogance when saying "we shall pay back".

The manifesto states:
Through public-private partnerships, transform public education facilities at all levels to offer quality free education.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2017, 05:32:09 PM »

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Treasury-refunds-stolen-donor-cash-/1056-1265854-gty73z/index.html

Are you surprised? This is Kenya for you.
Btw, what happened to NYS, Rio Olympics, MAfya House scandals?

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2017, 06:07:32 PM »
Swept under the rag....As usual.

Are you surprised? This is Kenya for you.
Btw, what happened to NYS, Rio Olympics, MAfya House scandals?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 08:40:05 AM »
Sound lame (public-private to facilitate). Jubilee is promising and will deliver free secondary education.
It was in the CORD Manifesto. CORD promised free education at all levels from primary to tertiary.

I know what you and HK will say next

It is one of those things which Neo-Primitive societies like Trump's America think they are "saving" by not investing. If you collected all the monies paid by parents as fees and then used the same for free education, cut out corruption by jailing thieving principals and bursars, you will probably only use a quarter of it.

However keep your pants off your head: Savings from corruption, better organization of funding to the schools and restoration of international funding which was damaged by Karega's theft of funds and Uhuru's arrogance when saying "we shall pay back".

The manifesto states:
Through public-private partnerships, transform public education facilities at all levels to offer quality free education.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2017, 02:08:58 PM »
It is a bit too late to criticize what CORD promised if it won the 2013 elections. I posted that as proof that Uhuru was copying and aping.

NASA has promised free education from primary to secondary immediately. NASA has committed to free tertiary education.

If you are suggesting that Jubilee delivers, please tell me when my local school will get laptops. I think they can accept the Mugenda pads too.

Sound lame (public-private to facilitate). Jubilee is promising and will deliver free secondary education
It was in the CORD Manifesto. CORD promised free education at all levels from primary to tertiary.[/quote]

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2017, 05:03:46 PM »
Pundit,
Public education stinks
Public health care stinks
Public roads stink -
SGR is ok for now.
You can provide public funding, but if its substandard what good is it?
There are more primary school drop outs than 1970s!!!  That should tell you...

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 05:36:06 PM »
If you can please take a train from Nairobi to Mombasa and back within the next two weeks. After that, you are better off taking the old train or the bus.

For starters Kenyans have a very bad reputation when it comes to abandoning new technology. They do it for various reasons among the most common:

1. Modern Technology interferes with their money making or scheming arrangements and therefore must be sabotaged to revert to the "manual" option as soon as the noise has died down. Examples: Toll stations at airports; Technology at Road weigh bridges works in Tanzania but is it doesn't in Kenya. They use a mobile unit read by a policeman who then decides what fine to levy for overloading. Most of the trucks allowed to pass from Kenya and stopped and heavily fined on the TZ side.
2. When there is no private motive (greed) it boils down to old Kenyan lethargy. Something is installed, we all marvel at it, then one day it needs simple servicing, it stops working and that is it. When you ask why is it not working? The answer: Someone is supposed to come from Nairobi to fix it. In some cases the person has come several times and each time he comes minus one key spare part.Eventually the thing is "boarded" and auctioned off to one of the staff members who fixes it the same day and it starts to mint money for him. I guess HK would say that proves the private sector is better than the public. Yeah! Good at robbing the public!

I do not expect to see the elevator working. Elevators require constant servicing. I do not know what the power source is but if it is Kenya Power then you all know why I am laughing.
$
Pundit,
Public education stinks
Public roads stink -
SGR is ok for now.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2017, 06:04:57 PM »
Stink for those with options - like me and you - but not for the millions of poor kenyanms
Pundit,
Public education stinks
Public roads stink -
SGR is ok for now.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 06:08:34 PM »
Joyce today presented her papers.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2017, 06:32:05 PM »
Do you have any where I can actually see Joyce Laboso mwenyewe.

Joyce today presented her papers.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2017, 12:32:58 PM »
Who cares which party promised first. Free education kindergarten to college is the way to go.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527