Author Topic: The Blatant Tribalism of GEMA  (Read 4473 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
The Blatant Tribalism of GEMA
« on: September 23, 2014, 05:00:11 PM »
COFEK has taken up this matter against GEMA. I have a feeling it will end up like the motion against Waiguru. In other words it is being brought up to prevent a serious party from actually prosecuting the matter through to the end.

I have attacked a new report about the irregularities detected by the Ombudsman. Now the purpose of having an Ombudsman in a civilized country is that authorities agree to willingly accept his rulings without resorting to legal challenges. So why would Kamau go ahead and confirm a person who the Ombudsman clearly states has not been fairly recruited? The answer is simple: She belongs to the right tribe and therefore all stops have to be pulled including trashing the Ombudsman!

This is the reason the Ports (Land and Air)  should be transferred to the County Governments where they are located. KAA and KPA should be merged and become a policy and supervisory authority to receive applications for licensing various tasks such as clearing and forwarding and ensure overall compliance with the law for ALL ports.

The Consumers Federation of Kenya (Cofek) has sued the Kenya Airports Authority over recruitment of Lucy Mbugua as its managing director.

Cofek, in its petition, claims the recruitment of Ms Mbugua was marred by irregularities and bias.

It wants the High Court to issue an injunction preventing Ms Mbugua from holding the position pending the hearing and determination of the petition.

It also wants the court to order the authority's board to appoint an acting managing director pending the hearing and determination of the petition.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
Re: The Blatant Tribalism of GEMA
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 05:07:16 PM »
Hala Omollo,

I see you're still being unpatriotic.

Ms Mbugua was very "qualified" for this position.  One has to wonder how much of this point scoring was done blind, and whether psychometric and other non human testing methods were used.

Ms Mbugua qualified by birth ndugu, uta do?

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 05:14:39 PM »
C'mon Omollo,
The lady went through the laid out procedure before appointment. I dont think anybody is going to qustion that, let alone a consumer organization.
"Kazi iendelee.."

Offline Mintos

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 05:15:13 PM »
Heheh si sometimes cofek can be irritating to these powers that be, eh?  Remember what they did to that guy of CCK whom Muthaura had extended teh contract even though he was last in the interview by the then CCK board?

They still have an issue with the Energy CS Chirchir about that lady MD Sumaiya of NOCK who's term was renewed without a board meeting and her official application for extension. The CS has been ignoring their letters to date. Ngoja you hear they are suing the NOCK board and the lady!

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 05:16:19 PM »
Bryan

I am just pointing out the things that make GEMA extremely stupid. I wish I were the opposition leader. How do you defend this? Yesterday you had Equity beating Safaricom. ALL the decisions were made by members of the same tribe. They saw no shame in it and doubtless if asked they would respond with arrogance.

In the meantime, GEMA cabinet secretaries are busy filling up every vacant position with GEMA people. When they run out of such posts, they arm twist non GEMA and hapless CSs like Matiangi to appoint an all GEMA Board.

Most non GEMA Kenyans have given up on GEMA ever dropping tribalism. They see them as just too greedy for government jobs which they then use to grant each other advantages for so to return and pretend they are "hard working" and present others as "depending" on government. What people want is their share of revenue so they can make their own mistakes in their own corners. Predictably GEMA is against it.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 05:17:42 PM »
C'mon Omollo,
The lady went through the laid out procedure before appointment. I dont think anybody is going to qustion that, let alone a consumer organization.
"Kazi iendelee.."
Well, come back when the High Court has ruled.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 05:25:01 PM »
Bryan

I am just pointing out the things that make GEMA extremely stupid. I wish I were the opposition leader. How do you defend this? Yesterday you had Equity beating Safaricom. ALL the decisions were made by members of the same tribe. They saw no shame in it and doubtless if asked they would respond with arrogance.

In the meantime, GEMA cabinet secretaries are busy filling up every vacant position with GEMA people. When they run out of such posts, they arm twist non GEMA and hapless CSs like Matiangi to appoint an all GEMA Board.

Most non GEMA Kenyans have given up on GEMA ever dropping tribalism. They see them as just too greedy for government jobs which they then use to grant each other advantages for so to return and pretend they are "hard working" and present others as "depending" on government. What people want is their share of revenue so they can make their own mistakes in their own corners. Predictably GEMA is against it.

This is very true.  The best way to beat these vicious tribalists is by the sheer weight of knowledge.  Safcom will make mincemeat of these waru sellers.  The new Kenyan economy will be too much for folks who are used to selling warus and tukuiru.  It is about innovation, real innovation too, that does not rely on favourable government loans, contracts, grants, nor jobs.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 05:28:15 PM »
Its Kenyatta's job to ensure equitable distribution of govt jobs. I feel jitters when I attend an all white meeting in a largely diversified company. I wont feel differently if the same happened in Kenya if I attended a Kenyatta manager's meeting.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 05:30:20 PM »
Its Kenyatta's job to ensure equitable distribution of govt jobs. I feel jitters when I attend an all white meeting in a largely diversified company. I wont feel differently if the same happened in Kenya if I attended a Kenyatta manager's meeting.

To question it is to be unpatriotic.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 05:38:42 PM »
Kamau used the Ombudsman's report to wipe his bottom.

the 4 candidates were awarded extremely low marks in an attempt to deliberately favour Ms Lucy Mbugua. It is noted that

https://www.kenya-today.com/news/joseph-irungu-office-president-kaa-appointment-lucy-mbugua-md

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 06:16:30 PM »
Omorlo,
For good reasons, any Okoyu appointment stinks. I hope they have sufficient proof that other candidates overperformed and they was denied marks. This is no different from Omtata's electoral college face saving gimmick which 'showed' that Rayirla would have had won if his system had been applied. He stuffed CORD strongholds with excess colleges while denying Jubirlee areas
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 06:28:14 PM »
Omorlo,
For good reasons, any Okoyu appointment stinks. I hope they have sufficient proof that other candidates overperformed and they was denied marks. This is no different from Omtata's electoral college face saving gimmick which 'showed' that Rayirla would have had won if his system had been applied. He stuffed CORD strongholds with excess colleges while denying Jubirlee areas
1. The office of the Ombudsman determined that the process was irregular and favoured the GEMA candidate
2. The award of marks with such discrepancies should have been questioned by the board
3. The board itself is dominated by on tribe / region.

The bottom line: Let us wait for the High Court. The best solution: Turn over the ports to Counties where they are located and keep KAA and KPA either independent or merged and led by GEMA.