Author Topic: Question on nominations to run  (Read 3778 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: Question on nominations to run
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 01:39:51 PM »
Robina

Nothing is personal when it comes to the interests of Kenya. I do not prevent anyone from saying their piece. What you are criticizing is my delivery method which might cause stomach upsets for those who swallow without chewing.

MoonKi is and Pundit are seasoned debaters and would not waste time taking advantage of any opening left carelessly by their debating opponents. Moonki blundered and he must have known I would milk the mistake drier than dry. He has an eye for detail and like rhetorci and employ hyperbole where necessary.

On the NIS:
Incumbents have been beaten yes but with concerted efforts. Ignoring a dangerous enemy edifice like the NIS by minimizing its role while aware that it has a budget that runs whole countries is a huge mistake. Even if NASA wins the NIS must go. Rulers are known to have a natural propensity to accept all the tools of power and the temptation to inherit the NIS may be too great to overcome for Raila. That is why the NIS must be on the lips of everyone.
  • The secret files they keep on everyone must be made public just like the STASI files
  • Kenyans should know who has been informing on who
  • All those who committed offences while working for the NIS as employees or informants must face trial
  • Companies like Safaricom that provide continuous surveillance support should be convicted and penalized heavily
  • Victims should be provided legal help to sue such companies for punitive damages
Omollo the touchy feely. I have an Arsenal-worshipping bff... too emotionally invested in the game, and getting fingers burnt. Even RV Pundit handles you with kid gloves...

You're too paranoid over NIS, Uhuru and Gema. They are not ethereal and incumbents with all these machineries have been beaten before. Moi 02, Kibaki 07, etc. Under the right conditions anyone will get into the Sate House.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2017, 07:06:28 PM »
The nominations are quite a effective process given we get around 50% of the incumbents lose in the nominations.

Take Busia, even the money and closeness to Raila can't even save docile Ojaamong.  Unless you buy out key and well organized challengers early enough or use serious threats, you can't be sure.

The party dons need to invest at least half of collections from aspirants to make the nominations even better, though this is against their interests where they have preferred candidates.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 08:49:00 PM »
It's the women who are surprising me. Both in Jubilee and NASA. They want direct tickets and use all manner of tricks to get their way. Look at Naomi Shaban and Ongoro.
The nominations are quite a effective process given we get around 50% of the incumbents lose in the nominations.

Take Busia, even the money and closeness to Raila can't even save docile Ojaamong.  Unless you buy out key and well organized challengers early enough or use serious threats, you can't be sure.

The party dons need to invest at least half of collections from aspirants to make the nominations even better, though this is against their interests where they have preferred candidates.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread