Author Topic: Rcbowen finally pulls the curtain on the our digs of yore  (Read 6633 times)

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
Rcbowen finally pulls the curtain on the our digs of yore
« on: April 14, 2017, 01:28:48 PM »
The Gland Mullah has finally thrown in the towel on Rcbowen.

RIP: Cookie, Stockexchange, Oldun, Milpolo, et al RIP Mwari

Forever Loving Jah"

Wo-o-o-o! Ya-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya! Woy-oh!
Yeah-yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah! Oh!
(We'll be forever loving Jah;
We'll be forever loving Jah!)

Some they say see them walking up the street;
They say we're going wrong to all the people we meet;
But-a we won't worry, we won't shed no tears:
We found a way to cast away the fears,
Forever, yeah!

(We'll be forever loving Jah) We'll be forever!
(We'll be forever loving Jah) Forever, yes, and forever!
(We'll be forever loving Jah) There'll be no end.

So, old man river, don't cry for me;
A-have got a running stream of love you see.
So, no matter what stages - oh stages -
Stages - stages they put us through,
We'll never be blue
No matter what rages, oh rages,
Changes - rages they put us through,
We'll never be blue:
We'll be forever, yeah!

(We'll be forever loving Jah) Forever, and ever, yes, and forever!
(We'll be forever loving Jah) 'Cause there is no end.

'Cause only a fool lean upon -
Lean upon his own misunderstanding, oh ho, oh, yeah!
And then what has been hidden
From the wise and the prudent
Been revealed to the babe and the suckling
In everyt'ing, in every way, I say, yeah!

(We'll be forever loving Jah)

'Cause just like a tree planted - planted by the rivers of water
That bringeth forth fruits - bringeth forth fruits in due season;
Everything in life got its purpose,
Find its reason in every season,
Forever, yeah!

(We'll be forever loving Jah) On and on and on!
(We'll be forever loving Jah) We'll be forever, yes, yes -
we'll be forever.
(We'll be forever loving Jah)

Submit Corrections

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Rcbowen finally pulls the curtain on the our digs of yore
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 06:17:40 PM »
Sad to see it go.  I remember a time when he would have had an avalanche of people taking up his moderation request.  The refugees will feel right at home at choo.com.  There is also kenyatalk.com, a latter day mashada.com.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 07:22:28 PM »
The site really did wonders. Jimmy Mboya, Maziwa, etc were the driving force. Then came the modernists who thought that Kenya was on the right track with the takeover of Kibakists-Railaists. Corruption was almost wiped out, till Uhurus came to power and institutionalized it.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2023, 09:20:18 AM »

It always amazes me just how fast time slips away. 25 years of RCbowen. 6 years already since this post was started.

Add; 10 years of Mashada,

And for the real OGs who remember ; forget the Katoto ka Celelac's as Natty Dread used to call us 10+ years ago  :D

Initially, in the Netscape (took ten years to load) and AOL days when the internet was still new and mbichi (email was new and interesting) and you had to access it by dial-up (mid 90s) we had;

Kenyaniyetu with a very nice "chat" box  where you could chat with fellow Kenyans in real time (way before whatsapp, Zoom et al). That was revolutionary. You were able to connect with Kwiinyans from all over TSA bila msukosukos. Friday evenings after a hectic week of Campo studies were the best ..  but some nasty fights also used to happen there  :roll:

Then there was kenyaweb chat I am sure almost no one remembers that.

Halafu Johnny come Lately's like www.mlevi.com by Leo Faya (early 2000)s which had a very hot, curvy but combative chick called Tracy Kanyingi who used to leave everybody panting :roll: . These gels these gels these gels I tells ya.  What made it tick was you had your own profile, could post and inbox each other and it had a very fresh layout and graphics. It sunk into oblivion as fast as it rose. It's always expensive to run servers for free for thankless Kwiinyans hamblod

And who remembers safarilady.com. Veritas were you part of the founder ladies? I heard catfights between the owners torpedoed that site too :D

Those were the days blathees...

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2023, 11:38:43 AM »
Oldunn, time flies.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2023, 07:37:03 PM »
Oldunn, time flies.

Ujana ni moshi blathee .
Most of the RCBowen crowd of that era are now dead.
Stocko and Oloo are the ones we know left us, many more are also gone, man. I've learned to live a day at a time, appreciate life & friends, stay close to family and take nothing for granted.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2023, 08:10:44 PM »
Oldunn/Youngun,

Yeah - I use to see you claiming to be youngun - you must have been 28yrs or about - Njamba was 30.

I was 20-24yrs - I couldnt really post those days - as intellectual debate was way above me.

Those days RCbowen - I needed a dictionary.

That forum improved my horrible English completely.

Anyway you still remain one of legend in these forum - I remember we did virtual stock trading thing - somehow from 100 KES you turned it to 56,000 - I think the next guy was faaaaaaaaaaaaaar away. I thought you hacked into it.

Youre one few people I remain respectful to - and truly admire for their brains.\

You're a gift to humanity. If you were not shy to share you success and interest - outside music - I think many people would benefit.

Write a book man. Dont die with all that knowledge.

Offline cookie1

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2023, 01:06:44 AM »
man from garba tura, your handwriting betrays you

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2023, 02:41:15 AM »
Oldunn/Youngun,

Yeah - I use to see you claiming to be youngun - you must have been 28yrs or about - Njamba was 30.

I was 20-24yrs - I couldnt really post those days - as intellectual debate was way above me.

Those days RCbowen - I needed a dictionary.

That forum improved my horrible English completely.

Anyway you still remain one of legend in these forum - I remember we did virtual stock trading thing - somehow from 100 KES you turned it to 56,000 - I think the next guy was faaaaaaaaaaaaaar away. I thought you hacked into it.

Youre one few people I remain respectful to - and truly admire for their brains.\

You're a gift to humanity. If you were not shy to share you success and interest - outside music - I think many people would benefit.

Write a book man. Dont die with all that knowledge.

Asante for the kind words bro.
Tumetoka mbali indeed. You have revived for me old memories of those days.
Siku hizi tumekuwa vijibaba kabsaa, Values have shifted as the years have frittered away but we plod on.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2023, 03:06:47 AM »

ha ha ha ha ha ha this post has revived Nkooks from a 10 year hibernation

Karibu blo, ulitpoteanga wapi? You must be in Tahiti by now with a Polynesian dogo dogo taabu tupu enjoying retirement Long Island Iced Teas on the beach  :D

I hope it can revive more legends of that era. Whatever happened to;

Natty Dread wa Amsterdam - very surprised hayuko hapa. Maybe after his perpetual nemesis (Olloo wa lengthy tichitals) sadly left us, he lost his passion for verbal viciousness online  :roll:
Na Wa Kwitu who used to sell used auction cars hapo South Carolina? Na my buddy Mungu Ngai Pan whom we used to reminisce about mid 90s Rap City jams with? Abby Ngel? - I highly suspect yeye ni Lupita or very close to Lupita. Na Asali? If she was here she would be with us on the music thread guaranteed. Na dengu aka JIrani?  I am sure by now ako in some nursing home on a pension live live, Donzi? ToaToa Princess wa London? Digalo /Diggz wa Moyale? Hasdy? Evian? Muhindi Caleb Essajee? Is he patel on this forum? Kuze? Papa eFwe  wa Louisiana? Ukwelimtupu the shouter on Zanax who used to disrupt kila kitu on the forum praaaaaaa whenever he would speak (Nyinyi nyote ni nyani kazolo mkia! he would say)? Bryan275? Mra-Ciake whom Nkooks used to make fun of for his golfing pics :roll:? And who was always hammered on champagne or vodo hapa on Furahiday nites? Na Mteja? Mwari wa Mugo -  must be - like dengu -- in a nursing home with her daipers being changed by Filipino nurses. Na 5thGLG? Still in Mayotte after relocating from Paree? Still jogging ten miles a day shwaaaaaa and eating just one tiny compote to retain shape?  Former Kwiinyan wa Norway? My other buddy Ole Ole? Sense? Elephant Castle? Nyakinywa? Mil wa Dallas Texas ("hot chest" while jogging)?

It would be interesting also to know what Grand Mullah msungu Rich Wa Tenwek is up to these days after hosting our thankless ngelele for 25 years!

Who else do you remember from that era?

And how many of them are lurking hapa under other pseudonyms?

Apart from Pundito, Njamba and one or two others, very few RCB veterans/legends have remained  consistently active on this online forum which more or less replaced  our beloved RCB. Wakina Kenyatalk cannot even be spoken about - worse than Mashada ten times over.

I really, really miss Stocko Exchange wa Canada. RIP my friend.

As pundito said. time flies, man. Like the wind. You wake up one day and 20 years have disappeared ritru bit, ritru bit, just like that. Isapite.  Hope you are all enjoying this precious but fragile life ride so far as much as I am.

Ni hayo tu

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2023, 07:04:29 PM »
Oldunn/Cookie et al, I am one of the lurkers. Been quietly in all the forums you mention. Very enriching conversations and exchanges. Only forum/board I was ever provoked to sign up was this one due to some post that must have really irked me and thought to make a comment.

Time flies indeed; best to live your life in full and quietly while making meaningful contribution to humanity.

To all those who have fallen May they rest in Peace and kudos to their enriching contributions on these forums.

Karibu blo, ulitpoteanga wapi? You must be in Tahiti by now with a Polynesian dogo dogo taabu tupu enjoying retirement Long Island Iced Teas on the beach  :D

Natty Dread wa Amsterdam - very surprised hayuko hapa. Maybe after his perpetual nemesis (Olloo wa lengthy tichitals) sadly left us, he lost his passion for verbal viciousness online  :roll:
Na Wa Kwitu who used to sell used auction cars hapo South Carolina? Na my buddy Mungu Ngai Pan whom we used to reminisce about mid 90s Rap City jams with? Abby Ngel? - I highly suspect yeye ni Lupita or very close to Lupita. Na Asali? If she was here she would be with us on the music thread guaranteed. Na dengu aka JIrani?  I am sure by now ako in some nursing home on a pension live live, Donzi? ToaToa Princess wa London? Digalo /Diggz wa Moyale? Hasdy? Evian? Muhindi Caleb Essajee? Is he patel on this forum? Kuze? Papa eFwe  wa Louisiana? Ukwelimtupu the shouter on Zanax who used to disrupt kila kitu on the forum praaaaaaa whenever he would speak (Nyinyi nyote ni nyani kazolo mkia! he would say)? Bryan275? Mra-Ciake whom Nkooks used to make fun of for his golfing pics :roll:? And who was always hammered on champagne or vodo hapa on Furahiday nites? Na Mteja? Mwari wa Mugo -  must be - like dengu -- in a nursing home with her daipers being changed by Filipino nurses. Na 5thGLG? Still in Mayotte after relocating from Paree? Still jogging ten miles a day shwaaaaaa and eating just one tiny compote to retain shape?  Former Kwiinyan wa Norway? My other buddy Ole Ole? Sense? Elephant Castle? Nyakinywa? Mil wa Dallas Texas ("hot chest" while jogging)?

It would be interesting also to know what Grand Mullah msungu Rich Wa Tenwek is up to these days after hosting our thankless ngelele for 25 years!

Apart from Pundito, Njamba and one or two others, very few RCB veterans/legends have remained  consistently active on this online forum which more or less replaced  our beloved RCB. Wakina Kenyatalk cannot even be spoken about - worse than Mashada ten times over.

As pundito said. time flies, man. Like the wind. You wake up one day and 20 years have disappeared ritru bit, ritru bit, just like that. Isapite.  Hope you are all enjoying this precious but fragile life ride so far as much as I am.

Ni hayo tu

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2023, 08:08:50 PM »
Oldunn/Cookie et al, I am one of the lurkers. Been quietly in all the forums you mention. Very enriching conversations and exchanges. Only forum/board I was ever provoked to sign up was this one due to some post that must have really irked me and thought to make a comment.

Time flies indeed; best to live your life in full and quietly while making meaningful contribution to humanity.

To all those who have fallen May they rest in Peace and kudos to their enriching contributions on these forums.

hehehehehe kumbe tuko wengi hapa
Truer words have never been spoken bro.
The reported last spoken words of Jimi Hendrix seconds before he died were;

I never take anything for granted these days. Not even a sunrise, delicious food on the table nor every single breath God gives me to take.
When you're young you have all these dreams and ambitions and goals
If and when you achieve them, you find out they were not all they were cracked up to be.
 In fact you may find them to be a little empty and may end up depressed.
Yet you spent years or decades pursuing them
Woe betide us if you didn't take time to smell the roses and appreciate/bond with your loved ones along the way.

Ni hayo tu.

Offline cookie1

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2023, 01:39:37 AM »
Eish, you can still lemember all of these folks. The saddest part is those who have left us including Ngatia whom I used to enjoy his youtube monorogues.

Some of them went back to Kwiiiiinya including 5thGLG who is still into running and hiking, others like ngunjiri wambugu pivoted into poritics and eventuarry made it to parliament

Ni hayo tu

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2023, 08:25:28 AM »
Delicious food?? Really? Are you doing a "Kill me quick kind of thing"? Which delicious food? Leave that one out! At a certain age your doctor will tell you there are MANY things you cannot eat and what you should eat. Have you not been told, cancer cells consume 15 times more glucose than ordinary cells? So what that means cakes off the menu. My late dad was told to get off meat, all that choma stuff. It was too late, he would pass on at the relatively young age of 68. At your age leave Tacos alone, if you haven't come back to Kenya you should be asking your relatives in Kenya to send you mwogo and unga for that brown ugali. Eish be real bwana. Grow old graceful - desiderata my fren. Only two things matter when you are ripe to enter a nursing home: What legacy you have left and spending time with your grandchildren. By that time you will be done with traveling the world (part of what you call smelling the roses) as your legs can no longer carry you up a flight of stairs.

See you forgot to say all these things although you ended your post with "Ni hayo tu". Happy sunset years. Ni hayo tu!  :D
I never take anything for granted these days. Not even a sunrise, delicious food on the table nor every single breath God gives me to take.
If and when you achieve them, you find out they were not all they were cracked up to be.
Woe betide us if you didn't take time to smell the roses and appreciate/bond with your loved ones along the way.

Ni hayo tu.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2023, 08:37:27 AM »
Delicious food?? Really? Are you doing a "Kill me quick kind of thing"? Which delicious food? Leave that one out! At a certain age your doctor will tell you there are MANY things you cannot eat and what you should eat. Have you not been told, cancer cells consume 15 times more glucose than ordinary cells? So what that means cakes off the menu. My late dad was told to get off meat, all that choma stuff. It was too late, he would pass on at the relatively young age of 68. At your age leave Tacos alone, if you haven't come back to Kenya you should be asking your relatives in Kenya to send you mwogo and unga for that brown ugali. Eish be real bwana. Grow old graceful - desiderata my fren. Only two things matter when you are ripe to enter a nursing home: What legacy you have left and spending time with your grandchildren. By that time you will be done with traveling the world (part of what you call smelling the roses) as your legs can no longer carry you up a flight of stairs.

See you forgot to say all these things although you ended your post with "Ni hayo tu". Happy sunset years. Ni hayo tu!  :D

Ni hayo tu.

oldunn is in mid 40s or late 40s he is just a brilliant dude who retired early.I think he lives in farm somewhere in Kajiado

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2023, 05:39:32 PM »
Let's see who the real RCB Og's were.
Anyone remember "GOING SUBMARINE" on the original RCB? :roll:
This must have been late 90's early 00's at the latest.
Some of us were young  colle or post colle students back then.
Crazy things used to happen hapo. I remember Oloo confronting one of his former Kamiti jailers hapo. The Jailer defended himself saying "we were just serving the country and maintaining law and order." Now Oloo is long gone. RIP to him, man.
Kenyan politics pia is a strange thing. The more it changes the more it stays the same. Late 90s when Mo1 was still prez, the likes of Kamotho and Saitoti were the Riggy G's and Adan Duales of today. Kamotho, Kanyingi, Saitoti Kimya Professor and Moi mwenyewe all gone!
I remember the day Kibaki won in 2002 like it were jana. I was in my diggz huko USA midday hivi, when a good buddy of mine who just happened to be around  announced that Kibaki had won.
I laughed like he was a comedian, almost hysterically. But he insisted it was fact. I was shocked. You mean the same Moi who had been rigging himself in since 1978 had not rigged his project in? That was a game changer for Kenya without a doubt. There was a euphoria that was hard to describe even for us Kwiinyans hablod who had left our motherland when things were looking thick there.
Then Kibs pia, though he did a few good things, stayed the same tu. betraying everything and everyone while doing this thang the way he wanted to :lol: Many Kwiinyans became truly disappointed and didn't want to hear about politricks tena.
The Kibaki years went like the wind. The day he left office, popote lolote was never remembered by anyone again.Perhaps because he was known to never show anyone a kindness, not even his own relatives? The old story is he always said giving people free gifts and handouts made them lazy. Many said that was just an excuse he used to maintain his stingy mien ritru bit, ritru bit.

Then came Uhunyee. By this point many did not care who was prez. They had resigned their fate to the same ol same ol and they were proved right big time :roll:
Away from politricks, 2002-2013 was actually the "sweet spot" for some of us Kwiinyans hambload. Loads of memories were created then. In Kwiinya during hols it was epic manze. While Nkooks was busy paying student loans :lol: some of us were hibernating on electric avenue where it was happening big time. From Bacchus to Havana to Rezorous to Club Diamond and more. Back when Maddie run tings with this song;

Those were the days blathees.

Was walking past those places juzi. ALL GONE!

Time is a crazy thing dudes and dudettes. Siasa ni ile ile, maisha is flying away shwiiiiii like the wind, people are dying like flies na bado tunapiga tu kelele fweeeeh wasting time hapa thinking we will live forever hapa on earth.

Isapite

Ni hayo tu.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2023, 05:52:32 PM »

Ni hayo tu.

Agreed on the food mbradza. Sisi tulwacha fombe na ndhom kitaaambo. But we stil jog shwaa shwaa shwaa and weight train. Ciakura in veggies, sweet potatoes, lean meats, no GMOs na kadharika
Ni hayo tu

Offline cookie1

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2023, 05:07:40 AM »
Uchokozi small small. I will let this one slide for old times sake. Of all the kwiinyan forums, I liked rcbowen the most, the crowd was very mature

Then came Uhunyee. By this point many did not care who was prez. They had resigned their fate to the same ol same ol and they were proved right big time :roll:
Away from politricks, 2002-2013 was actually the "sweet spot" for some of us Kwiinyans hambload. Loads of memories were created then. In Kwiinya during hols it was epic manze. While Nkooks was busy paying student loans :lol: some of us were hibernating on electric avenue where it was happening big time. From Bacchus to Havana to Rezorous to Club Diamond and more. Back when Maddie run tings with this song;

Those were the days blathees.

Was walking past those places juzi. ALL GONE!

Time is a crazy thing dudes and dudettes. Siasa ni ile ile, maisha is flying away shwiiiiii like the wind, people are dying like flies na bado tunapiga tu kelele fweeeeh wasting time hapa thinking we will live forever hapa on earth.

Isapite

Ni hayo tu.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2023, 06:28:27 PM »
Uchokozi small small. I will let this one slide for old times sake. Of all the kwiinyan forums, I liked rcbowen the most, the crowd was very mature

hehehehe uchokozi ritru bit ritru bit ni lasma :roll:. I was waiting for the missiles to start landing at rapid clip  :violent-smiley-007: :PDT_Armataz_01_37:
RCB was awesome man. Too bad mlungu letaa wa Tenwek got tired of us. He didn't know he destroyed an institution and store of endless good memories and caused an end of an epic era. We were only young once and RCB at least for me was the height of my mwenjoyo-filled youth in Hamilikwa. I wonder what happened to all the RCB chicks who were our peers though. Wakina toatoa princess, abbyngel,  Asali and more. Besides Vellitas they all seem to have left Kwiinyan cyberspace permanently.

Those surely were the days and we will never get them back again ever, blo.

Ni hayo tu