Author Topic: WSR has killed URP: Seem like a consensus  (Read 12810 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
WSR has killed URP: Seem like a consensus
« on: September 17, 2014, 08:06:00 AM »
He has instead tried to make himself the party. He decide the party destiny. He is the party. URP unless something is done is going to split before elections.

The party never hold PG or NEC or NDC. It seem WSR decide party position with Duale and his poddles...unable to gather the strength of leadership to listen to dissenting voices....within party...which he is now hearing live live in public meetings.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000135202&story_title=dp-william-ruto-told-to-act-on-conflicts-within-urp&pageNo=1

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: WSR has killed URP: Seem like a consensus
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 09:25:03 AM »
Was there a URP to begin with? How many party offices do they have?

Offline Gumzo

• Superstar
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 10:04:08 AM »
He has instead tried to make himself the party. He decide the party destiny. He is the party. URP unless something is done is going to split before elections.

The party never hold PG or NEC or NDC. It seem WSR decide party position with Duale and his poddles...unable to gather the strength of leadership to listen to dissenting voices....within party...which he is now hearing live live in public meetings.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000135202&story_title=dp-william-ruto-told-to-act-on-conflicts-within-urp&pageNo=1

Yani you have just come to the realization that .ke political parties are owned and controlled by the individual owners ?

or did you honestly believe URP was different ?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 10:09:32 AM »
The party is strong...came 3rd with 70mps...more than 10 governors and senators.
Was there a URP to begin with? How many party offices do they have?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 10:12:20 AM »
I thought WSR would pretend to ran it like a real party. At least Moi tried running KANU like that. Raila is doing a good job in ODM though he rigged the election so blatantly the party will definitely split again..and again. Until Raila remain only Kajwang and Midiwo. Ruto has started the downward slide into political irrelevance.

Anyway he has very little time to involve party members in running the affairs of the party or well other parties will be formed.

Yani you have just come to the realization that .ke political parties are owned and controlled by the individual owners ?

or did you honestly believe URP was different ?

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 10:47:07 AM »
There is likely to be another political party coming soon in Rift Valley. Also one Isaac Ruto seems to be gaining alot of ground. WSR might find himself irrelevant if he does not watch out.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 10:57:33 AM »
They've[URP or wsr] made it clear that they will crack the whip against rebels. It would be foolish for Isaac Ruto and their ilk to sit around and wait to be rigged out in 2017...so yes another party is definitely going to be formed..unless WSR does the near impossible..and manages to make peace with all rebels..who are unrelenting.
There is likely to be another political party coming soon in Rift Valley. Also one Isaac Ruto seems to be gaining alot of ground. WSR might find himself irrelevant if he does not watch out.

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »
TNA will be watching WSR cery closely. Tough balancing act.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 12:25:25 PM »
Forming a political party and using it win elections is not a hard job. If you form it around election time, there is a chance of becoming an ambulance for defeated but wealthy candidates looking for a vehicle to be on the ballot. It helps when your party is popular in a given area because getting a ticket in most cases means you are home and dry - unless something goes seriously wrong.

The challenge is holding the party together through the entire electoral term to the next. So far only ODM remains a party having survived the 2007 elections and gone through to 2013. Hopefully it will still be there to contest in 2017.

This is followed by Wiper - which is still holding together having also survived the 2007 debacle and a name change (ODM-K). One can also add NARC- Kenya but only under Martha Karua. She is managing to keep it together with all the hardships of not having loads of cash to bribe and win loyalties.

Of all the party leaders and owners, Uhuru Kenyatta is the worst performer. He inherited a big party and not only lost it but managed to kill it. Even when it was alive, he failed to maintain discipline and watched as Kibaki poached members to join the cabinet without his consent as party leader and in contravention of the law. He helplessly watched as Tuju stole KICC from the party and even went ahead to withdraw cases the party had filed against the government in a manner that brought to question his loyalty and commitment to the party his father once led.

Like his father, Uhuru has so far never formed a party. Just like his father would be invited to lead parties formed by others, so is it with Kenyatta Junior.

Uhuru lost control of the party offices, assets, parliamentary group and almost lost it to Biwott before Moi intervened. I do not see him keeping the large parliamentary group together and may remain with hardcore tribal whacks.

This is also becoming an issue for Ruto. Much as he is a better organizer than Uhuru, sadly when it comes to party issues, he fails miserably. He was instrumental in the break up of KANU and the peeling away of Rainbow coalition in 2002. It now looks like he is squeezing and pushing those he does not agree with away from the party.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 02:23:00 PM »

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 03:05:48 PM »
Meanwhile Isaac makes himself an elder
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/article-190218/governor-rutto-plots-replace-dp-ruto-rift
They have added the Raila Connection to increase the heat under his seat :D
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline kwesta

• Regular
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 03:50:44 PM »
I can assure you that if Isaac was to pull away today and form Ugatuzi party, he will be lucky to get 20 elected public officials from outside Bomet to back him, that is counting Governors, MPs, MCAs Women reps etc.
As of now they don't see eye to eye with any of elected members of Parliament of Bomet, and neither does he see eye to eye with the Senator.
The problem with IR is that he forgets so fast, power gets so fast into his head. When he defeated John Koech in 1997 and was elected MP for Chepalungu, the fellow quickly burnt all the bridges, turning Bomet into a battle ground with Kipkalya Kones; he literally used to walk into Bomet leading hooligans and holding his Chebunyo rungu to beat anyone opposing him into a pulp.
In 2002 he was defeated properly by John Koech, again.
I forsee the same happening to him come 2017, thorough defeat.
The fellow has always held ambitions to be the Kipsigis Kingmaker, but he needs to realize that I.R has been working to be a Kalenjin Kingmaker for long, and all it would take to finish IR would be one rally in Bomet town, another in Sigor and one knock out in Mulot.
People are just crazy about WSR, and the earlier I.R realizes that the better for his political survival

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 04:03:35 PM »
Kwesta i agree with you largely; however you have to realize jubilee vulnerability is their razor thin margin against CORD; Jubilee won with 0.8% against the 50% required..they have no margin for errors. Isaac knows he just need to knock off a small percentage of RV from WSR to finish him;

You also need to realize the WSR is increasingly being seen as weak leader against Uhuru; He has overplayed the loyalty card whilst Uhuru continue to dominate key decision making organs.That has not sat well at least with most rv elites.

WSR has for last nearly 2yrs tried all sort of tricks but IR just keep going.... And worse part it only IR..Zakayos, the Afreds, the usual KANU people of Moi and pro-raila folks are going to coalsce against WSR. WSR is creating enemies in RV every day.

The so called rallies will fail in great south rift...W.Ruto has been to south rift nearly every month...but IR seem on top of his game..he has basically intimidated everyone in there....Mps voice or the so called senator has been drawn by IR folks who beat or shout or shut any dissenting opinion.

Jubilee has to make peace with IR or they are kaput.  IR is one cantankerous fellow but this time WSR simply has to kiss his arse. He has nothing to lose....Jubilee have everything to lose.

IR on his part need to be beef his security because i can see desperate TNA taking him down in cold blood if he continue to a thorn in their flesh.

I can assure you that if Isaac was to pull away today and form Ugatuzi party, he will be lucky to get 20 elected public officials from outside Bomet to back him, that is counting Governors, MPs, MCAs Women reps etc.
As of now they don't see eye to eye with any of elected members of Parliament of Bomet, and neither does he see eye to eye with the Senator.
The problem with IR is that he forgets so fast, power gets so fast into his head. When he defeated John Koech in 1997 and was elected MP for Chepalungu, the fellow quickly burnt all the bridges, turning Bomet into a battle ground with Kipkalya Kones; he literally used to walk into Bomet leading hooligans and holding his Chebunyo rungu to beat anyone opposing him into a pulp.
In 2002 he was defeated properly by John Koech, again.
I forsee the same happening to him come 2017, thorough defeat.
The fellow has always held ambitions to be the Kipsigis Kingmaker, but he needs to realize that I.R has been working to be a Kalenjin Kingmaker for long, and all it would take to finish IR would be one rally in Bomet town, another in Sigor and one knock out in Mulot.
People are just crazy about WSR, and the earlier I.R realizes that the better for his political survival

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 04:18:32 PM »
Part and parcel with Jubilee. Themselves against Jubilee or CORD won't stand. Even if URP split away from Jubilee, and elections are held soon, Jubilee will win even if URP has the numbers. Uhuru plans to be president for a while.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 04:22:03 PM »
Kwesta i agree with you largely; however you have to realize jubilee vulnerability is their razor thin margin against CORD; Jubilee won with 0.8% against the 50% required..they have no margin for errors. Isaac knows he just need to knock off a small percentage of RV from WSR to finish him;

You also need to realize the WSR is increasingly being seen as weak leader against Uhuru; He has overplayed the loyalty card whilst Uhuru continue to dominate key decision making organs.That has not sat well at least with most rv elites.

WSR has for last nearly 2yrs tried all sort of tricks but IR just keep going.... And worse part it only IR..Zakayos, the Afreds, the usual KANU people of Moi and pro-raila folks are going to coalsce against WSR. WSR is creating enemies in RV every day.

The so called rallies will fail in great south rift...W.Ruto has been to south rift nearly every month...but IR seem on top of his game..he has basically intimidated everyone in there....Mps voice or the so called senator has been drawn by IR folks who beat or shout or shut any dissenting opinion.

Jubilee has to make peace with IR or they are kaput.  IR is one cantankerous fellow but this time WSR simply has to kiss his arse. He has nothing to lose....Jubilee have everything to lose.

IR on his part need to be beef his security because i can see desperate TNA taking him down in cold blood if he continue to a thorn in their flesh.
Chances of Jubilee avoiding a runoff, if they continue like this is as high as lightening striking the same spot in a deep abyss twice. MaDvd will be wiped out in Vihiga and Kakamega; Eugene stands no chance of beating an MCA in his own village and Tavetta is gone for good.

Offline kwesta

• Regular
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 04:40:22 PM »

I doubt they really want to take him out, if they wanted to, they would have. The corruption at county level is so widespread and odious and done with impunity that if they wanted to squeeze I.Rs balls they would have long ago. I guess it wouldn't work so well for WSR since jubilee is equally corrupt.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 04:57:34 PM »
They can't coz IR has covered his arse with brokers.IR is now very experienced politician. A consummate politician who has outplayed WSR in Kipsigis land from Narok to Nakuru...even in Bomet..he has most of the MCAS....he has also got all those who lost against the current MPs and MCAs in his corner. While WSR is busy in Nairobi..Isaac is busy in RV..and once he get even half of kipsigis..that is huge constituency.

You underrate IR the same way Raila underrated WSR. I don't like IR but i know he is tough nut to crack.

Many are disappointed by how WSR has let himself be ran down and played like a little boy by the Gema machine..and in IR they see WSR of the yore..a brave politician who says his mind...this is what is endearing IR and Alfred in Kalenjin..

WSR now remind people of MOI...neither here or there coward...who would prefer to sugarcoat.

IR is onto something. It upon him to play deftly.

I doubt they really want to take him out, if they wanted to, they would have. The corruption at county level is so widespread and odious and done with impunity that if they wanted to squeeze I.Rs balls they would have long ago. I guess it wouldn't work so well for WSR since jubilee is equally corrupt.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 05:07:00 PM »
I must say I was impressed by the way he decided to attend the Narok rally. He must have known that WSR was planning to use it to launch attacks on him. So instead of out-sourcing goons, he used a DIY kit.

Who can blame him? These days if you want something done in politics, you have to do it yourself. See what WSR got for handing the job to Duale?!

IR managed to smash the rally and transform the headlines back to himself. Now that is some high rate upstaging politics. He completely banished WSR to a mere spectator. In a country where newsmen count the VIP and ignore all others, to have all the headlines about IR and in some media WSR was mentioned with the word disruption coming along, that was some achievement. Above all, IR left with all the sympathy. The mention of his mama and papa was just too low - even from Duale.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 05:10:56 PM »
The undercurrent that wsr has ignored is crumbling that 50-50 is not being done in spirit...esp when you have Uhuru making unilaterally appointment that still favour gema. WSR is over-zealously showing loyalty to the PORK and gema. He forget what RV and Gema have is a temporary ceasefire..not peace.

It not only in Narok but even in Kericho or Bomet or Nandi....WSR and his poodles have been jeered. I think for now the only safe place for Duale, Ruto,Sang and Murkomen is probably Uasing Gishu and Elgeyo Marakwet.

I haven't tuned to kass fm lately but i would suspect the ground is divided kabisa.

I must say I was impressed by the way he decided to attend the Narok rally. He must have known that WSR was planning to use it to launch attacks on him. So instead of out-sourcing goons, he used a DIY kit.

Who can blame him? These days if you want something done in politics, you have to do it yourself. See what WSR got for handing the job to Duale?!

IR managed to smash the rally and transform the headlines back to himself. Now that is some high rate upstaging politics. He completely banished WSR to a mere spectator. In a country where newsmen count the VIP and ignore all others, to have all the headlines about IR and in some media WSR was mentioned with the word disruption coming along, that was some achievement. Above all, IR left with all the sympathy. The mention of his mama and papa was just too low - even from Duale.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 05:22:06 PM »
You recall at Teheran, I told you the Kalenjin are a Nation and even the Brits recognized the Nandi and Kipsigis. They have seen it all - Vice President for 12 years and President for 24. So WSR had nothing to offer them except be a co-president. That they have found out was a lie.

Remember when people cautioned that GEMA was cheating and would never fulfil the terms of the deal, he dismissed them. Now he can't anymore and people like Alfie have since reminded the ordinary mwananchi that WSR has led them to a mass shafting experience.

In the midst of all this, comes IR with the Pesa Mashinani. Suddenly the common man in Kalenjin, Luoland, Luhyaland, Coast, Ukambani and Somaliland finds a common language to hit back at GEMA. This is not about CORD or cheap opposition to Jubilee. People have realized that Uhuru is there to help GEMA and they want to get their fair share through Devolution.

Why is WSR opposed top devolution? That is a hugely pregnant question! For starters, WSR has no interest in opposing what his people want while supporting what is advantageous to GEMA. That position makes him something of a minor traitor to the wishes of his people. I can bet you my finger, if Raila were to oppose Devolution suddenly, he would be more jeered than when he supported the erection of a sanamu in the centre of Kisumu. He would be driven out of town for good!