Author Topic: Great Reads (With Special Alert for Veritas and Empedocles)  (Read 3145 times)

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Great Reads (With Special Alert for Veritas and Empedocles)
« on: February 24, 2017, 05:25:26 AM »
This probably ought to be in the "Reviews" forum, but it's been dead .... for how long?   

I got a "book voucher" for Christmas, and I used to get a book that is the best value for free money that I've had in a long time ... for a book.    If you haven't already read it, go get:

https://www.amazon.com/Homo-Deus-Brief-History-Tomorrow/dp/0062464310/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1487903039&sr=1-1&keywords=homo+deus

This review sums it up nicely:

MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Great Reads (With Special Alert for Veritas and Empedocles)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 08:44:03 AM »
This probably ought to be in the "Reviews" forum, but it's been dead .... for how long?   

I got a "book voucher" for Christmas, and I used to get a book that is the best value for free money that I've had in a long time ... for a book.    If you haven't already read it, go get:

https://www.amazon.com/Homo-Deus-Brief-History-Tomorrow/dp/0062464310/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1487903039&sr=1-1&keywords=homo+deus

This review sums it up nicely:

Looks interesting. Just bought the e-book.

We've come far.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 05:09:25 PM »
I'll check it out when I am done reading Inside the Third Reich by Albert Speer.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 07:45:54 PM »
Looks interesting. Just bought the e-book.

I don't believe in those things; I like to touch and feel my book.  It's like the difference between, say, a flesh-and-blood women and one of those pump-up dolls you can get in a good sex shop: the end result of "use" is the same, but there is something more satisfying with one than with the other.  :D

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 06:18:34 AM »
it's nice to know you treat your books with such tenderness, dearest Moon.

not sure if "homo deus" is for me. i say this because it doesn't reconcile with history. there were once gods among us according to greek mythology and the bible. they intermingled with humans and those generations phased out. back in the day people lived longer and then didn't and not, and now slowing rising again for rich populaces say 1% of the population this book alludes to, with the rest not. life expectancy in kenya is dismally low.. in the 30s from my memory. while the super rich are busy with mass culling initiatives, the poorest are selling their bodies for nefarious activities. who would've thought organ harvesting and people left to die in the street is now mainstream.

the book's plot doesn't resonate with me, i am lived and traveled, have witnessed too much. i get the hunch whoever this author is, yearns for a utopia bubble, he's disillusioned, smells like a zionist, and obviously suffers from a messiah complex. i see this sort of beh. a lot particularly among parliamentarians who think they're special, invincible, entitled, gods etc.

i'm quite picky as to whom i share my tenderness with. this book doesn't do me.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 08:10:26 AM »
The title doesn't do me too.

Do you read it on the train Moon? Let me just say as an occasional commuter, if you were holding that book cover to my face I would immediately think you were homosexual.

Homo Deus

Translates as "God of homosexuals."

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 08:38:48 PM »
Jeez, Veritas, you are rough.  I commute too. I am going to listen to it.

Do you read it on the train Moon? Let me just say as an occasional commuter, if you were holding that book cover to my face I would immediately think you were homosexual.

Homo Deus

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 10:21:04 PM »

Homo Deus

Many people---men and women alike---have all sorts of fears in relation to the imagined  prospects of back-door entries.    You shouldn't let that cloud your mind in such a manner.  In fact, I suggest that you confront your fears directly, by ...

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 03:35:45 AM »
Kichwa, it's not a song.

Moon, keep telling yourself that.

God forbid, it even has a cum spot. Evil.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 06:11:54 PM »
Veritas: Lol,  I am unashamed, card carrying member of Amazon's audible.

READ BY DEREK PERKINS

Kichwa, it's not a song.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 04:38:09 PM »
that makes sense now.  :) smart too! no need to carry such a heretic HARD COPY (Moon's wo/man) out in public.

Veritas: Lol,  I am unashamed, card carrying member of Amazon's audible.

READ BY DEREK PERKINS

Kichwa, it's not a song.

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 04:53:02 PM »
veritas may be a homophobe.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 04:56:21 PM »
Windy, you know that's not true. i'm just merely pointing out something Moon, may not have been aware of. sometimes people are oblivious to their sexual orientation until most often, a woman, opens their eyes.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 04:58:16 PM »
Let me also please clarify, the heresy bit, isn't the "homo" bit. but the plot about humans trying to be God, that's exactly what satan tried to do. Evil.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2017, 05:19:51 PM »
that makes sense now.  :) smart too! no need to carry such a heretic HARD COPY (Moon's wo/man) out in public.

An e-book is like a pump-up doll; an audio-book is like a cardboard cutout.     

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 05:21:20 PM »
Windy, you know that's not true. i'm just merely pointing out something Moon, may not have been aware of. sometimes people are oblivious to their sexual orientation until most often, a woman, opens their eyes.

A point that can be rammed home with more authority when the said woman opens her legs.  Some would blame it on age though.

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 05:36:22 PM »

A point that can be rammed home with more authority when the said woman opens her legs. 

MOON Ki would be happy to show appropriate authority.     And, with enough recreational substances consumed, perhaps even solidly help said woman conquer her innate fears.   

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 07:36:33 PM »
Moonki: Nothing beats Audio books in my life as a commuter. I am almost halfway through and I cannot figure out why the hard copy invokes so much erotic imagery in you.  My be its the cover.  My grandmother was a great story-teller and when I discovered audio books years, it was a match made in heaven.

An e-book is like a pump-up doll; an audio-book is like a cardboard cutout.   

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 09:09:23 PM »
Moonki: Nothing beats Audio books in my life as a commuter. I am almost halfway through and I cannot figure out why the hard copy invokes so much erotic imagery in you.  My be its the cover. 

You and veritas have filthy minds.    You probably didn't attend church in childhood.

My grandmother was a great story-teller.

Story-telling used to be quite an art form all around.   Sadly, many of those stories of yore have been lost.    An example is in the "gima omiyo"--translated as "the reason why"---stories of Luos, which explained why the world is the way it is.    Why the lion roars, why fowl don't have teeth, etc.    I have it mind to someday go around with a tape-recorder and start a preservation project.     

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 11:39:55 AM »
Kichwa, that's pretty cool. I haven't tried listening to books, I think I'd enjoy it, thanks, will give it a go.  :)

Moon, I attended church since a fetus in my mother's womb. thank you. very. much.

You are the one who wanks with your book.. .. heresy.

I don't believe in those things; I like to touch and feel my book.  It's like the difference between, say, a flesh-and-blood women and one of those pump-up dolls you can get in a good sex shop: the end result of "use" is the same, but there is something more satisfying with one than with the other.  :D