Author Topic: EACC Recommends Charges for Edward Ouko  (Read 2966 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
EACC Recommends Charges for Edward Ouko
« on: January 08, 2017, 02:56:39 AM »
Somewhat curious because by their own admission, no suspicious transactions against Ouko have been found.  So they want him charged because he is in charge.  How different is this from the magunia lady's situation?

http://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/EACC--Charge-Ouko-over-Sh100m-tender/1950946-3509670-l13ku7/index.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: EACC Recommends Charges for Edward Ouko
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 12:54:20 PM »
Kinuthia was put in place to check "The Luo". It turns out the Luo is not corrupt. However he has to be targeted and damaged lest some inference be made.

Nearly 90% of all corruption and public theft cases in Kenya over the last ten years have people from one tribe as the perpetrators. It is a fact which can easily be backed by publicly available evidence.

However nearly 60% of prosecutions recommended by the EACC have targeted people outside that Tribe. Or cases where non members of that tribe are minutely involved.

ALL cases that involve only members of that one tribe have stalled or been so badly prosecuted that acquittals have resulted.

Declaration: I know Ouko very well. I have dealt with him personally when a body I was working for required the services of his office annually. Though I was concerned with the program side of the projects, my colleagues in Finance and I interacted with him. He is a man of great integrity.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 09:54:22 PM »
Ouko has been a "pest" for quite some time, with his refusal to overlooking some "eating" that people see as their right, and I have no doubt that people have been "working" on his case.   The real question is not "why?"; it's "why now?".  Who knows ... he might be tempted to stick his nose into things like the Mafya House "arrangements", etc.    Better keep him busy elsewhere.   

MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 11:11:15 AM »
The Eurobond Report is ready and he has declined to make some  Manual "amendments". At worst they want him to delay it until after elections.

He is having problems printing it as the Government Printer is busy until well in to October.

Ouko has been a "pest" for quite some time, with his refusal to overlooking some "eating" that people see as their right, and I have no doubt that people have been "working" on his case.   The real question is not "why?"; it's "why now?".  Who knows ... he might be tempted to stick his nose into things like the Mafya House "arrangements", etc.    Better keep him busy elsewhere.   
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 01:32:07 PM »
The Eurobond Report is ready and he has declined to make some  Manual "amendments". At worst they want him to delay it until after elections.

He is having problems printing it as the Government Printer is busy until well in to October.

Are there any legal hurdles to him releasing an electronic version like PDF shared on twitter for instance?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 03:45:09 PM »
Yes. We still have a colonia past remember.

That said I think Ouko is being crucified for no reason. The argument that he has overall responsibility does not wash. They stripped him of that power a long time ago as they pushed to emasculate him:
be the accounting officer of the Office of the Auditor-General; and
(c) perform such duties and exercise such other powers as the Auditor- General may delegate to him or her or perform other duties as spelt out by the office of the Auditor-General

Are there any legal hurdles to him releasing an electronic version like PDF shared on twitter for instance?

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 04:02:20 PM »
Yes.

If they are preventing him from releasing it, I think he should do it and damn the consequences.  It might be his life insurance.  As it is, assuming he is indeed being prevented, the risks of going to the grave with the report are far from insignificant.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 04:19:57 PM »
They are almost there. Parliament still has like four months. So if they push the envelope far enough the report will be tabled in the next parliament. If they are still in power they will rubbish it and have some "Bubu Namwamba" take a bribe and pass it through. If not they will dust their Caribbean Passports and join our brothers in the Dominican Republic as have done many of Goodluck Jonathan's thieving Ministers.

Yes.

If they are preventing him from releasing it, I think he should do it and damn the consequences.  It might be his life insurance.  As it is, assuming he is indeed being prevented, the risks of going to the grave with the report are far from insignificant.

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 04:49:29 PM »
They are almost there. Parliament still has like four months. So if they push the envelope far enough the report will be tabled in the next parliament. If they are still in power they will rubbish it and have some "Bubu Namwamba" take a bribe and pass it through. If not they will dust their Caribbean Passports and join our brothers in the Dominican Republic as have done many of Goodluck Jonathan's thieving Ministers.

Yes.

I was saying guys in Kenya with their nose deep in something like Eurobond tend to have a knack of getting waylaid and eliminated in the course of the commission of ordinary crimes by ordinary criminals or by extraordinary self-inflicted wounds.  George Muchai, Jacob Juma come to mind.   Another fellow who was named after this AG in the 90s, also comes to mind.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 04:54:50 PM »
I fear for Ouko. It appears that Ouru has completely taken over EACC.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 01:43:17 AM »
Keriako Tobiko declares that Kinuthia is the thief.  Ouko a victim.

Some of the charges declared concocted and plainly illogical.

Given that the DP is obviously not trustworthy, does that mean that Ouko has been convinced to move on from Eurobond?

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001229095/top-auditor-went-on-shopping-spree-after-looting-sh27m

It's also apparent that EACC lies quite a bit in their accusations.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 10:01:11 AM »
Good job from DPP. The unsung hero.Each institution should strive for independence.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2017, 01:00:44 AM »
Its so sad that every time the country turns a corner there is someone stealing from the tax payers and there has no concerted efforts to bring these goons to justice despite tough talks. We have the executive that is completely asleep, parliament which has given up their oversight role, and the judiciary that is slowly turning into a political wing of the executive.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2017, 11:35:47 AM »
The executive is not asleep but part of the corruption cartel in Kenya.

Its so sad that every time the country turns a corner there is someone stealing from the tax payers and there has no concerted efforts to bring these goons to justice despite tough talks. We have the executive that is completely asleep, parliament which has given up their oversight role, and the judiciary that is slowly turning into a political wing of the executive.

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 03:43:17 PM »
The executive is not asleep but part of the corruption cartel in Kenya.

Yeah.  And the parliament hasn't been into oversight for the last three iterations, likely more.  Judiciary has been a reliable facilitator of corruption for a long time.

Harriet Tubman