Author Topic: 'legal' options for KPMDU  (Read 938 times)

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
'legal' options for KPMDU
« on: February 13, 2017, 02:20:09 PM »
What are the legal options for the doctors?

Call off strike, then immediately issue another new strike notice with refined demands close CBA??? Will seem childish and little public sympathy left will be lost!!

Just call off the strike as the government is too broke and doesn't care - only banking on public hostility to collapsed health system.

Given doctors can subsist without salaries for even years, they can hold to their guns till total collapse of health system for it to be radically rebuilt. Then we can come up with a comprehensive approach like we did with judiciary - fund it, equip the hospitals/dispensaries, ensure supplies look at doctors/COs/Nurses welfare. Then we can use CCTVs, GPS to track the medical officers maybe.   

The strike has dispelled the popular myth that 'doctors do no work in public hospitals'- that they spend more time in their private clinics. The current paralysis dispels the myth.

In the short term simple ailments will hit the rural and urban poor seriously, HIV/AIDS likely to take serious toll given disruption of testing and ARVs administration. ....

The long term costs of the strike will be with us for next two or more decades. New strains of TB superbugs due to discontinued medication....

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: 'legal' options for KPMDU
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 03:37:02 PM »
They should demand their colleagues release, then call it off. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: 'legal' options for KPMDU
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 05:04:53 PM »
They should fight on allow the officials to serve jail term as prescribed. If the fight is on principle of working conditions, patients rights and pay then the docs should continue fighting. I would love to read the CBA and see what it contains